Windows 10: Home network in foreign language/settings

Discus and support Home network in foreign language/settings in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, around two months ago, various websites I visited started being in French. I live in Lithuania, however I prefer to do everything in English... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DomantasT amošaitis, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Home network in foreign language/settings

Hello,

around two months ago, various websites I visited started being in French. I live in Lithuania, however I prefer to do everything in English so when setting up my PC I set everything I could to English language only left Lithuanian as an additional one. At first I thought it was google autosuggestions simply assuming I'm interested in French things all of a sudden, because I used google translate to translate some French. However I soon realized that was not the case, as:
    a lot of websites that supported multiple languages like youtube would default to French
    other, non-browser software with ads were also in French

scrolling down to the bottom of google search would show that my location is in France

the problem affects other devices connected to my router network, not just mine, so when my mother was setting up her new laptop, she got warned via e-mail about a "login from France"

if I open a browser in incognito and browse with no personal settings in effect, google and youtube still default to French.

I have tried countless solutions by now, like:

changing my language/region/location to English or Lithuanian, accordingly in Windows settings, Chrome settings, Youtube settings, my android phone, my mother's laptop - it works to an extent in that the interface and urls are indeed English/international, however I still get French ads

clearing cache/cookies/other data both locally on affected aps and via cleanup tools like CCleaner

resetting my router's configurations to factory default

scanning for malware with both Windows Defender and Malwarebytes

uninstalling any VPN software or any software that required constant internet connection except Steam

updating software affected

calling my ISPs to see if they could do/see anything, asking an IT professional for help remotely

finally, when I was out of ideas, I remembered that once when playing a certain mobile game with your friends that required you to pick a country, I picked a French colonial state or something just to be in the same country as them, so I wiped my account completely clean

None of the above helped. The only clue I have left is that if I take my android phone and browse in incognito mode, if I open youtube using my home wi-fi, it's in French, but if I open youtube using mobile internet instead, it's in Lithuanian, leading to believe it's my wi-fi network that is somehow affected/infected.

I cannot come up with any more relevant details and I am in a dire need of help.

:)

DomantasT amošaitis, Jul 9, 2020

2. Foreign Language Keyboards

Hi Louis,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

Yes keyboard will be available in windows 10 for foreign languages.

I would suggest you to follow the link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/add-language-keyboard

Note: The steps in the above link are meant for windows 8, however, you can use the same for windows 10 as well.

I hope this information will help.

Thanks.

Preeti Patel, Jul 9, 2020
  3. Change default language from foreign in the foreign language Window setting

I added language extensions yesterday. My system is now displaying a foreign language that I cannot read. I want to change the Default language, but I cannot execute the instructions because I cannot read page in the foreign language. Please help.

LucilleS81, Jul 9, 2020
  4. Home network in foreign language/settings

Foreign Disk

Hi,

You will only lose the data in the Foreign Disk once you convert it to a "Basic Disk" in Disk Management.

To allow the disk to be recognized, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and type "Disk Management" and click on it.
    • Right-click on the foreign disk and select "Import Foreign Disks..."

Feel free to post back with more information.

Israel Arn, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

Home network in foreign language/settings

1. Home network in foreign language/settings - Similar Threads - Home network foreign

2. My Widgets are in foreign language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Widgets are in foreign language: My System settings and language is set to English United States. My Region is the Netherlands, because that's where I live. I don't speak the language of the region Dutch. Windows assumes that I do speak Dutch and shows me widgets and news content in local language. How do I...
  3. My Widgets are in foreign language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Widgets are in foreign language: My System settings and language is set to English United States. My Region is the Netherlands, because that's where I live. I don't speak the language of the region Dutch. Windows assumes that I do speak Dutch and shows me widgets and news content in local language. How do I...
  4. foreign language app hindi

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    foreign language app hindi: i just purchased my laptop and ive been wandering around the internet to download apps from official websites. then i noticed, theres new program installed on my laptop in hindi language. it cant be uninstalled and when i click manage, it transferred me to language settings...
  5. adds in foreign language

in Windows 10 Customization
    adds in foreign language: how do I prevent adds in foreign language, not English? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adds-in-foreign-language/1df64c22-c30a-4495-bf5c-41096f7153c4
  6. Baffling Problem regarding foreign languages

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Baffling Problem regarding foreign languages: Hi, I hope this is the right place: Got a new laptop. Added Japanese Language Pack ( so I can type in Japanese). Tried to rip some CDs, and I have this issue: Windows media didn't have issues getting Japanese text and such :...
  7. Change default language from foreign in the foreign language Window setting

Change default language from foreign in the foreign language Window setting: I added language extensions yesterday. My system is now displaying a foreign language that I cannot read. I want to change the Default language, but I cannot execute the instructions because I cannot read page in the foreign language. Please help....
  8. foreign language keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    foreign language keyboard: Where do I find instructions how to install a foreign language keyboard in Windows 10? In earlier Operating Systems such information was easily available within the OS without having to resort to the Internet....
  9. Foreign language character input

Foreign language character input: Foreign language characters (like ā instead of a) used to be accessed by typing Alt + 'the key you want', but now for some reason it is Alt + Ctrl + 'the key you want'. Can i change it back to the way it was? I looked all over but couldn't find a way to do it. I have the...
  10. Foreign language in app window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Foreign language in app window: For some reason some fields of software display in a foreign language! In the language settings there are only two languages, English (US) and English (UK). As you can see on the Scribus screenshot, some fields are most definitely not English!! *Devil Weird enough, I...