Windows 10: Home Network Issue

Discus and support Home Network Issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 4 computers set up to Network in my House and Garage. They are named: WIN7 WIN8 WIN10-64 Shuttle-SZ77R5 They all run Windows 10, 64 bit,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by w1ksz, Dec 18, 2017.

1. w1ksz Win User

Home Network Issue

I have 4 computers set up to Network in my House and Garage. They are named:
    WIN7
    WIN8
    WIN10-64
    Shuttle-SZ77R5
    They all run Windows 10, 64 bit, except for WIN7 that is 32 bit.

When all 4 are on and I look at my Network I see only 3 Computers not 4. All 4 show the WIN7 and WIN8 computers.
    The WIN7, WIN8 and Shuttle show Shuttle, the WIN10 computer shows WIN10.

Two questions here ...

1) Why don't I show all 4 computers instead of the 3 ?

2) I assume some setting on the WIN10 computer is wrong, but I have checked Drive Sharing and Network Advanced
    Settings and all 4 match.

Any ideas ?

thanks and Happy Holidays,

Richard S.

:)

w1ksz, Dec 18, 2017

2. Home network issues

Windows 10

I am not aware of any changes that I have made prior to this problem, but I did install a new wireless router, awhile before this problem.

I have gone through the troubleshooting network options to no avail.

jmlucas1470, Dec 18, 2017
  3. Home Network Issues

Thank you for your prompt response Mohammed

I have checked the status of the network drivers and they appear to be up to date.

The problem still persists. If I try to connect to another computer on the network it states that 'Windows Cannot access', if I run diagnostics no issues are found but can then connect. This happens if I go to retrieve a file via a programme (the first
    time after launching the software) or through File Explorer. Afterwards it seems ok unless I close down the software and relaunch, then I have to go through the process again.

Regards

JeremyWoolger, Dec 18, 2017
  4. Railtech Win User

Home Network Issue

Bet your running Windows 10 Creators Edition.

By default, Windows latest editions turn off SMB 1.0. Machines that use NetBOS as a discovery method will not show up in Windows Explorer on these machines and NetBIOS discovery machines will not be able to view a Win 10 machine.

The Solution is to turn on SMB 1.0 in Apps and Fetures - Programs and Features (under Related settings)- Turn Windows features on or off (left margin). Scrolll down and check SMB 1.0/CIFS file and print sharing.

Railtech, Dec 19, 2017
  5. w1ksz Win User
    I found Apps and Features but I don't see Related Settings anywhere. Where is it hidden ?

BTW, the computer I am now using (WIN7) was updated as were 2 of the other three. I will try to get
    the last one updated.

Thanks,

Richard S.

w1ksz, Dec 19, 2017
  6. Eagle51 Win User
    Eagle51, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Home Network Issue

1. Home Network Issue - Similar Threads - Home Network Issue

2. Home Network Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Home Network Issue: I'm trying to see why one computer cannot connect to our home network. It says my main computer is not connected to the home network. ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/home-network-issue/955e07b3-978d-4d78-84e3-b08dfd96bb46
  3. Home Network Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Home Network Issue: I'm trying to see why one computer cannot connect to our home network. It says my main computer is not connected to the home network. ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/home-network-issue/955e07b3-978d-4d78-84e3-b08dfd96bb46
  4. Home network issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Home network issue: I have had this issue off and on. My laptop will recognize itself on the network but not recognize my desktop. If I go to the desktop, it will recognize my laptop but not itself. I have tried every fix I have found. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. It is getting...
  5. Home network issue

Home network issue: Most of my network computers don't show up on network listing. Can't add network locations for sharing. All computers can access the internet. Never had this issue with win7....
  6. Home Network Issues

Home Network Issues: Hello, I have been having a home network question that is driving me INSANE! I have a desktop computer running Windows 10 that is connected to my home network via ethernet to a linsys ea6100 router. I also have Norton 360 (in charge of firewall, etc.).... No matter what...
  7. Home networking Issues

Home networking Issues: I have two computers on a home network (A and B) both running Windows 10. B can ping A but A cannot ping B. I wand to use RDC so that I dont have two screens. It worked for a while and ping was successful on both A and B. It now does now and neither does RDC. I have...
  8. Home network issue

Home network issue: Hi everyone my question pertains to file sharing. I have 4 devices and managed to get everything working great from my research on this site. My final issue however is this. When I'm on desktop #1 and go to NETWORK to view my other pc's i can see them just fine. However when...
  9. Home network issue

Home network issue: I’ve created a home network to exchange files between my two computers. When I want to open the network and click on the device icon the system requires that I enter the network credentials. I think they are the same as my Microsoft account credentials because both computers...
  10. Home network issues

Home network issues: Hello, I recently purchased a new computer that runs Windows 10. My wife's is running Windows 7 Home. Our printer is connected directly to my system via USB. We both are hard connected (direct wire) to our router, and have no trouble going online. When I am on her...