Windows 10: Home Network Not Working Correctly

Discus and support Home Network Not Working Correctly in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I recently upgraded one of my two networked computers from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Prior to this both computers run Windows 7 and the Network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by John Calder, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Home Network Not Working Correctly

Hi

I recently upgraded one of my two networked computers from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Prior to this both computers run Windows 7 and the Network worked fine. The internet continues to connect on both computers.

Computer 1 = DESKTOP-EPOU586

Computer 2 = HP_ELITE

Computer 3 = TELSTRA-GATEWAY Modem

Computer 4 = WDTVLIVE Media Player

Home Network Not Working Correctly 3ec8209e-4f37-4cac-84e3-949aaa5765b1?upload=true.jpg

For some reason my computers 1,2 & 3 also show up as Media Devices.

When I click on my second computer HP_ELITE i get the following screen

Home Network Not Working Correctly 892a298f-d6a5-40ff-bc2f-76e36e5f9eef?upload=true.jpg

When I select Users I get connected to the Users folder on my 2nd drive and can read/write to it

However when I select data i get the following error

Home Network Not Working Correctly 7a0c80d0-bc0a-4a98-9b4d-63e80831d5a2?upload=true.jpg

This is despite the data folder being shared on my 2nd computer.

Network discovery is on. both computers

File printer and file sharing is on. both computers

Passwords is off both computers

When I use my second computer I have the same problem looking at my first computer and just like the other computer I can see the "user" folder ok but none of the others that I have shared.

This is driving me nuts !!!

Thanks

John

:)

John Calder, Apr 20, 2020
  2. Boatvan Win User

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Apr 20, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 20, 2020
  4. Home Network Not Working Correctly

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

Home Network Not Working Correctly

1. Home Network Not Working Correctly - Similar Threads - Home Network Working

2. Home Networking not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Home Networking not working: I have Win10 on 2 PC's. I have all of the home network settings set to let me see each PC on the other. No passwords, sharing set to everyone the whole 9 yards. I cannot see my PC's on each other. They used to be there. It seems like this happens over and over. I tinker...
  3. Home Networking not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Home Networking not working: I have Win10 on 2 PC's. I have all of the home network settings set to let me see each PC on the other. No passwords, sharing set to everyone the whole 9 yards. I cannot see my PC's on each other. They used to be there. It seems like this happens over and over. I tinker...
  4. Home Networking not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. 1903 and 1909 network cards not working correctly

1903 and 1909 network cards not working correctly: Point you to this article https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2019/09/15/microsoft-windows-10-update-problem-wifi-internet-nic-warning-upgrade-windows-10/#72881fcd11e0 Both my ethernet adaptors have been borked since 1903, had updates removed updates, blocked updates,...
  6. Enter Network Credentials Refuses Correct Home Network Password

Enter Network Credentials Refuses Correct Home Network Password: As of this week I have two desktop computers on my home network, one a 10-year-old Windows 7 with a 2-year-old SSD HD, the other a new Windows 10 model. Every time I attempt to save or open anything cross network from one computer to the other, or access the other computer's...
  7. Home-Network doesn't work

Home-Network doesn't work: Hi, Created a home network with my desktop (WIN XP/SP3) and Notebook (WIN7/SP1). Access and Data Transfer between the 2 devices all OK. Now tried to add 2 further devices to the network using all recommended procedures for WIN 10: a) Desktop and b) Laptop, both with WIN 10...
  8. Network Bridge not working correctly

Network Bridge not working correctly: Recently moved my PC to a new place, but forgot my wireless adapter (hence the use of a network bridge). The bridge is from a Windows 8.1 laptop to a Windows 10 desktop. (Wifi -> Ethernet) This worked for a few days, but suddenly I am unable to connect. I've tried doing...
  9. Laptop not working on home or work networks

Laptop not working on home or work networks: When I got up yesterday morning and tried to check the weather, I found my internet not working correctly. I was connected to my home network. When I hovered my pointer over the wifi symbol on the taskbar, it informed me that I was connected to my home network and had...
  10. Computers in network not showing up correctly Windows 10 Home.

Computers in network not showing up correctly Windows 10 Home.: Hello I recently upgraded the 3 machines on my home network to windows 10 home. I am having frustrating issues with the network at the moment and would appreciate any help available. Currently when I open up "this PC" and click on network, only one of the 3 computers...