Windows 10: Home Network Stopped

Discus and support Home Network Stopped in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Windows 8.1 HP computer named Bedroom, A Windows 10 HP computer named Lounge both connected via ethernet via router. I set up file sharing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DuncanBailey, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Home Network Stopped

I have a Windows 8.1 HP computer named Bedroom, A Windows 10 HP computer named Lounge both connected via ethernet via router. I set up file sharing through the network sharing centre. I gave access to the relevant files and folders and everything worked fine. When I selected 'Network' in file explorer both devices showed up. I connect my mums Windows 8.1 Laptop via Wi-Fi all three showed up on all devices

Now, I bought a Windows 10 laptop named Laptop, and connected it to the same network with Wi-Fi, I then realised that my Lounge pc had disappeared off the network.

I can access the Bedroom from Lounge and Laptop from Lounge.

Can access Laptop from Bedroom, and can access Bedroom from Laptop.

No matter what I do I cannot get Lounge to be seen by Laptop or Bedroom.

This something that has changed without any setting being changed by me on the Lounge pc.

Also to add to the problem from the Network and Share Centre you can access Media Streaming Options, Every time I restart my pc this gets turned off. On both my other devices it remains on.

I manually turn it on but still Lounge does not show on network. If I restart lounge it reverts back to off

I have tried many options but cannot figure this out, I set up my new Laptop to the system with ease but really perplexed as why my Lounge has dropped off the system My devices are not synced as they have separate purposes

Hope someone can understand this and help

Many thanks Duncan

:)

DuncanBailey, Jun 3, 2020
  2. Groggubus Win User

Network PC Win10 1903 issue Error Code 0x80070035

i followed these steps, but no matter what, i couldnt stop network list services.

"windows could not stop the network list service on local computer. error 1061: the service cannot accept control messages at this time".

also, which pc am i meant to be running this fix on? both PC's reported error 1061.

Groggubus, Jun 3, 2020
  3. Boatvan Win User
    Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Jun 3, 2020
  4. Home Network Stopped

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

Home Network Stopped

1. Home Network Stopped - Similar Threads - Home Network Stopped

2. Home Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Home Network: I've set up six pcs in my home and set up for file sharing on each of them, two are Windows 8.1 and four are windows 10. I have done this many times and not had an issue however there seems to be an issue using Ethernet rather than Wi-FiOn file explorer menu to the left at...
  3. Home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Home network: How do you set up a home network in the latest version of windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/home-network/3aafe857-37f8-425e-9c86-56e9b407416b
  4. home network

home network: How do I connect an additional computer to my existing home network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/home-network/434937af-b954-4b33-bfbb-4942ecceaec1
  5. Home networking.

Home networking.: Hey guys, I have been having this problem for months now. I cannot seem to network all our computers properly since one of the updates. I don't know which one but I think its been since home groups have been taken out or something. All computers are wired connected, and...
  6. Home Network

Home Network: Before the last Win 10 update, my laptop could connect to my desktop and share files. Now it tells me my laptop is not authorized. What do I need to do? Thanks for the help....
  7. Home network

Home network: Can any one tell me why I can no longer connect to my home network from my laptop as I did before ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/home-network/2148f51b-6f44-4ffd-9945-7546bbfcfa0c
  8. Home Network

Home Network: Hi, I know Windows have discontinued "Homegroup", but nothing I do seems to allow one folder be shared on one PC with another PC. Both PCs are connected to the router via ethernet cable. I have temp shutdown firewall, I have tried share with everyone giving read write...
  9. Home Networking

Home Networking: I have an older desktop PC running Windows 10 Pro. It is connected to the internet via DSL modem/router. This PC is ethernet wired RJ45 connected to the modem/router. I also have a wireless laptop running Windows XP. It uses a wireless connection to the same DSL...
  10. network home

network home: ok i have many devices hook in to my router from wifi to wire. im looking to make it run faster and better. i have tp-link ac2600 router. looking to do what is best for it. right now i have default setting but would like to get feed back on what to set it up as. from static...