Windows 10: Home network to share files between laptops phone etc.

Discus and support Home network to share files between laptops phone etc. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Greetings. I have laptops running Win10 Pro, android phone, tablet, plus smart TV and various other devices that are capable of file storage/exchange.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RaymondDunne1, Jun 13, 2021.

1. Home network to share files between laptops phone etc.

Greetings. I have laptops running Win10 Pro, android phone, tablet, plus smart TV and various other devices that are capable of file storage/exchange. NO APPLE PRODUCTS! They are not permitted on my premises, period! Anyway, I would like some input on what the easiest way to get primarily the laptops and androids to communicate on a home network for file sharing? I have an ASUS AX58U AX3000 router with all sorts of toys on it. My laptops are not wifi6 capable yet but androids are. I have been struggling with home network with Windows 10. The last time I had a fully functioning and easy to un

:)

RaymondDunne1, Jun 13, 2021
  2. Bree Win User

can't transfer files between laptop and phone over BT

To transfer files from the phone to the laptop you must first set up the laptop so it is waiting to receive files. In Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices:

1. Turn on Bluetooth
    2. Click on 'Send or receive files via Bluetooth'
    3. Click 'Receive files'

Home network to share files between laptops phone etc. [​IMG]

When you send a file to the laptop it then ask you to choose where to save it.

Home network to share files between laptops phone etc. [​IMG]

As it happens, these screenshots were from my old Toshiba L750 *Wink

3. Network Sharing

Hi Arya,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

1. Are you trying to share the wireless network connection from Windows device to phone?
    2. What is the make and model of the phone?
    3. Which version of Windows is installed on your device?
    Refer the article ‘Which version of Windows operating system am I running
    to provide the details.

If you’re referring to sharing the Wireless network connection in Windows 10, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Press Windows + I key on your keyboard and click on Network & Internet.
    2. On the network & Internet page, click on ‘Mobile hotspot’.
    3. Turn On’ Share my Internet connection with other devices under Mobile hotspot.
    4. The default network name and password will be available under Mobile hotspot.
    5. Enter the same password on the device which you’re trying to connect and check the status of the issue.

If you’re trying to share the internet connection, then refer the article
    Use your PC as a mobile hotspot
    for more information.

If you’re referring to ‘File sharing’, I suggest you to refer the section ‘How do I troubleshoot sharing and folders’ from the article ‘File
    sharing over a network in Windows 10

Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Regards,

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Jun 13, 2021
  4. Home network to share files between laptops phone etc.

Block File sharing in Wifi network, Windows 10

Hi Lori,

As per the description, I understand that you want to block file sharing on your Wi-Fi network. I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on Start and select Control Panel.
    • Change the view type to Large Icons.
    • Click on Network and Sharing center.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Advanced sharing center.
    • In the right pane, under Files and printer sharing, select the option:
      Turn off file and printer sharing.
    • Restart the system and check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 13, 2021
Thema:

Home network to share files between laptops phone etc.

1. Home network to share files between laptops phone etc. - Similar Threads - Home network share

2. Unable to network file share between two laptops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to network file share between two laptops: System information: HP Omen 17.3 Inch Gaming Laptop - Windows 11 Home 64 Bit Version 22H2HP Notebook - Windows 11 Home 64 Bit Version 21H2Both Accounts on each system are live and not local accounts. HP Omen network path is \\VINCE\HP Notebook network path is...
  3. Unable to network file share between two laptops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to network file share between two laptops: System information: HP Omen 17.3 Inch Gaming Laptop - Windows 11 Home 64 Bit Version 22H2HP Notebook - Windows 11 Home 64 Bit Version 21H2Both Accounts on each system are live and not local accounts. HP Omen network path is \\VINCE\HP Notebook network path is...
  4. Network sharing between two laptops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network sharing between two laptops: I'm trying to connect access two laptops Windows 11 and Windows 10 together under the same network but keep getting the Network Credentials prompt. I've tried entering the correct user/password to no avail? All permissions in Network Sharing are correct. Any suggestions?...
  5. Network sharing between two laptops

Network sharing between two laptops: I'm trying to connect access two laptops Windows 11 and Windows 10 together under the same network but keep getting the Network Credentials prompt. I've tried entering the correct user/password to no avail? All permissions in Network Sharing are correct. Any suggestions?...
  6. Home network file sharing

Home network file sharing: I just got a new computer super fast lots of memory Windows 11 latest updates.I have 4 other computers running windows 10 on a wireless network but I can't get the new computer to recognize these.The other 4 communicate with each other OK.What's different about the Win 11...
  7. network sharing between PC and Laptop?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network sharing between PC and Laptop?: I have 3 drives on my PC with windows 10. Need to share on of these drives with my laptop with windows 10.These 2 units are placed in different rooms with the same network at home.Thanks...
  8. unable to share OneDrive files between users on the home network

unable to share OneDrive files between users on the home network: I have two computers on my home WiFi network: A desktop PC, a Microsoft Surface Book SB. I do: On PC * copy some files from the PC to OneDrive * at OneDrive Give access to>Specific people>Everyone. * copy the link and email to SB On SB * the message says [ATTACH]...
  9. Sharing files on home network

Sharing files on home network: I have 3 computers on my home wireless network all running windows 10. I have done the steps to give access to Everyone but I cannot see the other computers on the network at all - or the folders I have shared. What am I missing?...
  10. Sharing between wired/wireless network at home

Sharing between wired/wireless network at home: Hey all, I've done a lot of searching for this but can't seem to find an answer (and maybe there isn't one!), but I am trying to have my new laptop (windows 10) appear in the Network tab on my desktop (also windows 10). The issue is my desktop is plugged in using ethernet...