Windows 10: home network unstable

Discus and support home network unstable in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi All I am running Win 10 1903 on two computers on my home network. The main computer's folder/files keeps dropping out of the network and need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cathy2536, Oct 7, 2019.

1. cathy2536 Win User

home network unstable

Hi All

I am running Win 10 1903 on two computers on my home network.

The main computer's folder/files keeps dropping out of the network and need resetting about every few days, then it is fine for another few days before dropping out again. It still maintains the network printer access.

The main computer is linked to the Netgear wireless modem with a data cable the second by Wi-Fi.

The second computers file/folders are always visible on the main computer and never drops out.

Resetting it always works, but why do I have to keep resetting it?

A little frustrated...

:)

cathy2536, Oct 7, 2019
  2. Boatvan Win User

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Oct 7, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 7, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

home network unstable

Very unstable local network

For Home Networking, It is best to assign a static IP address for each device and this is done in the router, so each time you turn on a device, the exact same IP will be assigned to it. This will avoid the problem with DNS cache out of sync between the device(s) and the router & conflict IP assignment.

For example, let say you have 3 PC's: PC1, PC2 and PC3. When you turn on the PC's:
    1. 192.168.1.2 is assigned to PC1
    2. 192.168.1.3 is assigned to PC2
    3. 192.168.1.4 is assigned to PC3
    Now, shutdown P2 and PC3 then turn PC3 back on first, The router DHCP might assign 192.168.1.3 to PC3 and your PC3 DNS cache still have 192.168.1.4 assigned to it. So the DNS cache in your PC3 is out of sync, you'd need to flush & renew the DNS cache in your PC3 to reflect the change using: ipconfig /flushdns, ipconfig /renew

With static IP assignment (Fixed IP) you would not have this problem no matter which PC you turn on first because the IP is bound to the network adapter MAC ID and always be the same. Here's a screen shot of my Home Network and I have about ~20 devices: Smart TV's, android, Iphone, PC's etc.... and never have any problem.

home network unstable [​IMG]

topgundcp, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

home network unstable

1. home network unstable - Similar Threads - home network unstable

2. Home Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Home Network: I've set up six pcs in my home and set up for file sharing on each of them, two are Windows 8.1 and four are windows 10. I have done this many times and not had an issue however there seems to be an issue using Ethernet rather than Wi-FiOn file explorer menu to the left at...
  3. Unstable WiFi Networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unstable WiFi Networks: Wifi connection is keeps on connecting and disconnecting randomly. It's very annoying to work with that. I tried using another system and it worked fine on it. I tried updating and reinstalling the drivers from the device manager but no help. Update windows to latest...
  4. Home network

Home network: How do you set up a home network in the latest version of windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/home-network/3aafe857-37f8-425e-9c86-56e9b407416b
  5. Computers having unstable communication over network

Computers having unstable communication over network: Computers on my network are able to connect to each other, but occasionally just not communicate. I've turned off the firewalls for the computers and the private network in my office. I switched out the GS724tv4 in hopes that it would fix it. This is all started after...
  6. Very unstable local network

Very unstable local network: Hi there, I have a very small local network consisting of a desktop and a laptop both running windows 10 fall creator. The desktop is connected by cable to a router and the laptop connected via wifi. The desktop's file manager can see the laptop, but the desktop is not...
  7. USB wireless network adapter unstable

USB wireless network adapter unstable: Hi, I recently brought a new wireless network adapter for usb (Asus usb N14) and since I've started using it the connection is really unstable, I'm on the same connection on my iphone and it's just fine but on my pc it's really struggling, I've ran speed tests and it'll...
  8. Atheros AR9285 network adapter problems ? Unstable ?

Atheros AR9285 network adapter problems ? Unstable ?: Hi, After doing a clean install (iso image) of windows 10 Pro (build 10240) I am experiencing problems with my WIfi connection. The device manager says that the network adapter is working correctly and I have internet access. The problem however is that randomly, when I...
  9. A Discussion - OneDrive networking is slow, unreliable and unstable

A Discussion - OneDrive networking is slow, unreliable and unstable: I wanted to start this thread as I have experience a lot of issues with one drive, and I'd like for others to share their experience and possible solutions to certain problems here too. Here's what issues I have: 1. If I go to the Web-interface to download a single...
  10. Unstable/ Unpredictable Internet Connection On Network Bridge

Unstable/ Unpredictable Internet Connection On Network Bridge: Hi I have a server that I has a shared drive I would like to access on my PC. I have my server and my PC connected to the same router by Ethernet, but this router does not have internet access. My PC is also connected to a router with internet access via a WiFi adapter. In...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what do i fix my computer when it sayd interent unstable