Windows 10: Home network with Ethernet

Discus and support Home network with Ethernet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Home network problems and ethernet speed continues. I have 3 computers connected with Ethernet through a router / cable modem. All 3 computers are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Robbie, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Robbie Win User

Home network with Ethernet

Home network problems and ethernet speed continues.

I have 3 computers connected with Ethernet through a router / cable modem.
    All 3 computers are running Windows 10 (20H2) 19042.630
    All settings are exactly the same, and they all use the one and only account I have

Still to share files and computers to see each other works randomly. I do have the impression that the computer who is switched on first will show the computer at "network"
    Most of the time computer A can see C, but C can not see A or if C can see A and I want to view files I get a message I need to contact the administrator

The same with computer B...........A can see B but B can not see A

I have studied all the suggestions I could find and changed them if needed, but still.............

Transferring files through Ethernet goes with a very low speed. Also for this issue I have studied all the suggestions I could find and changed them if needed.

I really don't know anymore at this moment

:)

Robbie, Nov 22, 2020
  2. rez001 Win User

IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

Home network with Ethernet [​IMG]

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Nov 22, 2020
  3. MJW77CA Win User
    Ethernet Light Orange/ "Local Area Network" Not in Network List

Last night I noticed my ethernet light on the back of my computer was orange. I did some research to find the reason. Some websites said it was an increased connection speed. Others said a problem with the connection.
    The local area network is no longer in the list of network connections and the other computer in my house has a green light on the ethernet port.
    I've used all the cmd.exe ipconfig steps suggested by websites. Flush dns, reset dns, etc. I've also used the network troubleshooter in windows10 which told me a problem was not found.
    Nothing seems to change the light back to green. Can someone help me find the problem so I can fix it?

MJW77CA, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Ralph Sta Win User

ethernet

Hi,

To better assist you, kindly answer the following:

• Did you try to change the Ethernet and check if the network is connecting?
    • Is the Ethernet working in other computers?
    • Are there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Ralph Sta, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Home network with Ethernet - Similar Threads - Home network Ethernet

2. Ethernet not working in my home network.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet not working in my home network.: Hey guys, so recently my PSU was damaged and I got a replacement. After that, My PC's internetspecifically in ethernet has stopped working. I went to a repair shop , it works there , but at home it doesn't work. I tried my PC's wifi, and it works to an extentonly giving out...
  3. Ethernet not working in my home network.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet not working in my home network.: Hey guys, so recently my PSU was damaged and I got a replacement. After that, My PC's internetspecifically in ethernet has stopped working. I went to a repair shop , it works there , but at home it doesn't work. I tried my PC's wifi, and it works to an extentonly giving out...
  4. Ethernet not working in my home network.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File and folder Sharing on Ethernet Home Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File and folder Sharing on Ethernet Home Network: I am able to share files and folders.When I go to another computer and try to map a drive to the share that I created on the first computer I can't get past the Network Credentials prompt.I have setup the network credentials on all computers to be my username and the same...
  6. home networking wifi and ethernet computers

home networking wifi and ethernet computers: How do I home network and share a computer on wifi with one on ethernet, when they are on the same router? Looks like the easiest way is to make them both ethernet or wifi...
  7. Ethernet network issue on Home network

Ethernet network issue on Home network: Ok, my problem is that every time I restart or shutdown or reboot my computer, windows 10, 2004 version, build 19041.572, I cannot see any of the other computers on my home network nor can I see my own computer listed in File Explorer under Network. But I can see Media...
  8. Home wired ethernet network, duplicate Network Names, Usefulness of Network Names

Home wired ethernet network, duplicate Network Names, Usefulness of Network Names: Two of the three desktop PCs on my wired network are named Network 2, with the third PC named Network 4. I have researched and found ways to rename them, but before I do, two questions: Is there a performance or operational risk related to the duplicate Network 2's, and is...
  9. network/ethernet

network/ethernet: Hello! I would like to know how can I rename my network/ethernet of my pc. Is there any one to help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/networkethernet/0bd709aa-2a13-4253-a932-6f803fa868b3
  10. ethernet network

ethernet network: how can I change the name of my ethernet network? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-network/1cd3a739-a480-4490-9866-79a08a3b5526