Windows 10: Home network with thin client(s)?

Discus and support Home network with thin client(s)? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I'm thinking I'd like to delve into home networking ...partly to have all pc's and devices on my home network in a domain that I create, but also to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by guitz, Feb 15, 2018.

1. guitz Win User

Home network with thin client(s)?

So I'm thinking I'd like to delve into home networking ...partly to have all pc's and devices on my home network in a domain that I create, but also to study a bit using Microsofts free 6 month evaluation of WIndows Server 2012 R2. (I'm also in a MS server class, so it will help to get more familiar with it and try different things) . My main pc is fast enough to run it and there won't be many instances of more than one person (me) accessing the network, so it should be good to go. The specs are: Win 10 pro 64 bit, 16 gig DDR3 mem, 250g SSD drive, 1 TB ext HD, and Intel i5 quad core at 2.66mhz.

Then , I got to thinking how neat and tidy just having a monitor/mouse/keyboard would be for my other areas in the house (and garage) rather than klunky pc's constructed from OLD parts I have,
    and so came to the idea of running them as thin clients intrigued me. I currently don't have the little black boxes you need for them to run that way, so I'll have to research the most economical ones to purchase. ....Then the question is, can MS server 2012 R2 be configured to support thin clients? I'm still a newbie on MS server but have started some the class labs and the options are daunting to say the least lol.

Thanks for any input!

:)

guitz, Feb 15, 2018

2. Running N-Computing

N-Computing is a terminal on the network see ncomputing.com it is a thin client unit

Willie Kruger, Feb 15, 2018
  3. Joewen101 Win User
    O365 user sign issues on AAD Joined HP Thin Client

I have an HP T630 Windows 10 Ent. Embedded IoT x64 thin client machine.

It has been successfully joined to my company AAD.

However at the sign in window when I choose "other user" and input a test users credentials I receive a message that the account and or password is incorrect.

I know this is not a network issue, as I have other windows 10 thin client devices (not T630s) on the same network that I can successfully log into with a test user account including the test user account that fails on my T630s.

This issue is occurring on all my T630's and so far only on my T630's.

The obvious answer is that there is an issue with the out-of-the box image on these T630's.

HP does not seem to know what it is, they are working on it but who knows...

Has anyone experienced this issue before on any windows 10 device?

Joewen101, Feb 15, 2018
Thema:

Home network with thin client(s)?

1. Home network with thin client(s)? - Similar Threads - Home network thin

2. Is using an XP laptop as a thin client with Remote Desktop a safe & good idea?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is using an XP laptop as a thin client with Remote Desktop a safe & good idea?: I have an old XP laptop that I like to use as a portable DVD player on nice days on my porch. Sometimes I play old games on it, or read fanfics I have on a file share on my desktop.For several obvious reasons I don't go on the internet with it. The number of people who say...
  3. Is it safe to use an XP laptop as a psudo-Thin client for a win10 desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to use an XP laptop as a psudo-Thin client for a win10 desktop?: I haven't had a real need for a laptop in over a decade. However, I still have an old XP laptop that I mostly use as a portable DVD player for enjoying movies on my back porch on beautiful days, or for reading downloaded fanfics or ebooks that I usually transfer via USB...
  4. Is it safe to use an XP laptop as a psudo-Thin client for a win10 desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it safe to use an XP laptop as a psudo-Thin client for a win10 desktop?: I haven't had a real need for a laptop in over a decade. However, I still have an old XP laptop that I mostly use as a portable DVD player for enjoying movies on my back porch on beautiful days, or for reading downloaded fanfics or ebooks that I usually transfer via USB...
  5. Help with my Win10's on a wired home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help with my Win10's on a wired home network: I have 2 ea Win10s Home and 1 Win7 Pro on a wired home network. The 2 Win10s can see the Win7 just fine but they can't see each other. The Win7 can't see either Win10. Neither Win10 shows up as an icon in the "This PC" screeen. The network troubleshooter page say "No...
  6. hp thin client-: windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    hp thin client-: windows 10: Hi does any one know if there is a version of windows 10 for my HP thin client ? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-thin-client-windows-10/8c8ae28c-ee11-4d4f-8917-0d66ade29cea
  7. rdp client in win10 home

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    rdp client in win10 home: [ATTACH] everything i search comes up on how to enable the server. can someone with win10 home confirm if the RDP CLIENT not SERVER is in Win10? This one: https://preview.redd.it/0lc31j538h541.png?width=407&format=png&auto=webp&s=eb47cdd3255acd6129695e7c50867d3e4d44d3ab...
  8. Windows 10 Home in S mode - networking hardware not detected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Home in S mode - networking hardware not detected: I got my son an HP Stream laptop for Christmas that came preloaded with Windows 10 Home in S mode. It updated on Sunday and now he can't connect to the internet. When I tried to create a new connection, I got the error message, "Windows did not detect any networking...
  9. Thin clients anybody ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Thin clients anybody ?: Hi there Seems if you have a decent Server then the idea of Thin clients shouldn't be too horrible - especially for home networks -- presumably that way you can manage the network decently, use cheap hardware and people will still get a decent windows experience - with...
  10. Windows 10 embedded for thin clients - exist or not

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 embedded for thin clients - exist or not: Hi there Does anybody know if there will be a Windows 10 embedded for thin clients such as Dell WSYE. These thin clients are actually very useful connecting to networks / VDI's and can support dual monitors / external USB's etc and og course are VERY CHEAP, Currently...