Windows 10: Home network

Discus and support Home network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Can any one tell me why I can no longer connect to my home network from my laptop as I did before ??... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MickeyGee_062, Oct 11, 2018 at 12:12 PM.

1. MickeyGee_062 Win User

Home network

Can any one tell me why I can no longer connect to my home network from my laptop as I did before ??

:)

MickeyGee_062, Oct 11, 2018 at 12:12 PM
  2. Boatvan Win User

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

3. hurricane51 Win User
    Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

4. Mel Tar Win User

Home network

No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Thema:

Home network

1. Home network - Similar Threads - Home network

2. Sharing files in home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing files in home network: The two computers in my home network run on Windows 10. Computer 1 has a printer attached to it. Since upgrade 1803 I cannot share files nor can I use the printer from computer 2. I have followed the instructions to install the home network that I have found on the internet...
  3. Windows 10 isn't recognized on home network

Windows 10 isn't recognized on home network: My other devices can no longer recognize my windows 10 computer through my home network, how do I fix this ??? I am already sharing my printer and files through the adapter options. Network discovery is also checked under sharing options. My computer is connected...
  4. Permission to home network

Permission to home network: I created a home network and all PCs are shown in the folder. But I was surprised to see that I don’t have any permission to access the other PCs. How can I get this permission?...
  5. Windows 10 Home (Version: 1083) **Windows won't let me change my Network Between Public and...

Windows 10 Home (Version: 1083) **Windows won't let me change my Network Between Public and...: Hey Community! I've been trying to switch my wifi from Public to Private for several hours and I can't find how to do it. I tried watching videos and they told me go to Your Wifi (Bottom Right corner with the signal Bars) > Click the Wifi your connected to > Click...
  6. File sharing over a home network

File sharing over a home network: Hello, By following instructions from this site for sharing files on my home network, which has two computers on it, I have been able to share files from one computer, a laptop connected to the network, with a desktop computer on the same network. I have not been able to...
  7. How can I delete a public network and replace with home one?

How can I delete a public network and replace with home one?: Between broadband providers temporarily used local public network. Now want to go to new broadband providers' but can't find out how to delete the temporary public network one. Mollie K....
  8. Other PCs on home network only show as media devices

Other PCs on home network only show as media devices: We used to have shares setup between the 4 computers on our home network. After the last update, the PCs only show up and connect as Media Devices. I can no longer access folders and files between computers. How can I fix this?...
  9. home network now that home group is gone

home network now that home group is gone: what conceivable advantage is to be had by eliminating a good system of home networking. just saying. NOW that's off my chest, how do you set up a home network with out hiring a geek? my computer cant even see other computers on my system....
  10. Sharing folders on home network between machine using enterprise Azure ID and another...

Sharing folders on home network between machine using enterprise Azure ID and another...: I have two laptops running Windows 10 (1803) 64-bit. My personal machine runs the pro version and uses an offline account (Bob). My work machine runs the enterprise version and uses an Azure account linked to my company e-mail (AzureAD\Bob). Both are connected to my wireless...