Windows 10: Home network

Discus and support Home network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Can any one tell me why I can no longer connect to my home network from my laptop as I did before ??... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MickeyGee_062, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Home network

Can any one tell me why I can no longer connect to my home network from my laptop as I did before ??

:)

MickeyGee_062, Oct 11, 2018
  2. Boatvan Win User

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Oct 11, 2018
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 11, 2018
  4. Mel Tar Win User

Home network

No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

Home network

1. Home network - Similar Threads - Home network

2. Cannot get access to the computers on Home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot get access to the computers on Home network: I haven’t been able to get access to other computers on my home wifi network since the last Windows 10 update. I receive an error message: you do not have permission to access (a particular computer). Contact administrator to request access. Any help is appreciated Windows...
  3. Peer to Peer Connection in home network.

Peer to Peer Connection in home network.: Hi Everyone !, I have a Golf Game, (Jack Nicklaus 6) and I want to play accross my network which consists of a desktop connected to the modem by hard wire and a laptop connected to the modem by WiFi. To connect in the game I need the IP address of the computer hosting the...
  4. My devices cannot see each other under home network

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My devices cannot see each other under home network: I use two devices (the laptop and MacBook Air) connected to my Home Wi-Fi. However these computers are not able to see each when connected through Wi-Fi...
  5. No permision to access files and folders in home network.

No permision to access files and folders in home network.: I have a Win 10 pro OS on my laptop and Win 10 Home on my desk top with 1809 up date. I have provided permissions set to all, and full editing permissions for all the shared files and folders. I can't access any of the computers or files. Get a message "you do not have...
  6. Win 10 Home, Version 1803 - Unidentified Network - Wired only using switch and static IP's

Win 10 Home, Version 1803 - Unidentified Network - Wired only using switch and static IP's: Greetings all, I have read so many posts my eyes are bleeding...lol. Anyway, I am currently working on a separate wired network only using switch with static IP addresses assigned to the switch and all other connected computers. I am not using this network to connect to...
  7. Windows 10 home network / file sharing

Windows 10 home network / file sharing: This is an extension of a thread of the same name in Feb 2019. I've been away for the last 2 weeks and now find I cannot reply on the earlier thread. So I'll start again with an expanded version of the problem. I have 3 Windows 10 computers connected over a wifi...
  8. Networking Windows 10 and Windows 7 home network

Networking Windows 10 and Windows 7 home network: I just bought W10 to replace my desk XP in my living room Intermittently, I've been able to get W10 to see and file share with my W7 laptop in my bedroom. Most often success with that. Very rarely have I been able to get my w7 laptop in my bedroom to see or share files...
  9. Private Ethernet Adapter not showing up in Internet Connection Sharing Home networking...

Private Ethernet Adapter not showing up in Internet Connection Sharing Home networking...: Hi, I am trying to share my LAN Ethernet adapter with VMs in Hyper-V. When I go to the sharing tab of the Ethernet Adapter, my connection does not show up under Home networking connection: Select a private network connection. The connection is private. What is wrong?...
  10. Home networking Issues

Home networking Issues: I have two computers on a home network (A and B) both running Windows 10. B can ping A but A cannot ping B. I wand to use RDC so that I dont have two screens. It worked for a while and ping was successful on both A and B. It now does now and neither does RDC. I have...