Windows 10: Home Networking Connection drop-down menu is gone

Discus and support Home Networking Connection drop-down menu is gone in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/pops_cr [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/pops_cr, Aug 26, 2022.

1. Home Networking Connection drop-down menu is gone

/u/pops_cr, Aug 26, 2022

2. drop down menu network connection

hi!

I'm trying to make my computer a hotspot, every step goes just fine until I try to connect the ethernet to my hotspot.

The problem is that there is supposed to be a drop down menu to select the ethernet as the connection I want, but in stead of a drop down menu I have a white box that say wireless network connection, I can't select any other options. (after right click on
    the ethernet, than properties and the the folder 'share'.

Is there a way to fix it and get the drop down menu anyway or can I connect it in an other way without having to use the drop down menu?

banaaninoor, Aug 26, 2022
  3. Mel Tar Win User
    No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Aug 26, 2022
  4. Gramps Win User

Home Networking Connection drop-down menu is gone

Internet connection dropping

I had already tried this and it did not work. I did find an updated driver for my adapter (Realtek) and so far no more problems. Thanks for the suggestion!

Gramps, Aug 26, 2022
Thema:

Home Networking Connection drop-down menu is gone

1. Home Networking Connection drop-down menu is gone - Similar Threads - Home Networking Connection

2. Drop down menu flickering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drop down menu flickering: I tried many ways nothing worked excpet this..Disconnect the keyboard and or touch pad from themotherboard. Replace new or start using usb keyboard/mouse. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drop-down-menu-flickering/95e5827b-cbb9-41d7-8bc6-c15463edaa84
  3. Drop down menu flickering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drop down menu flickering: I tried many ways nothing worked excpet this..Disconnect the keyboard and or touch pad from themotherboard. Replace new or start using usb keyboard/mouse. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drop-down-menu-flickering/95e5827b-cbb9-41d7-8bc6-c15463edaa84
  4. Drop down menu flickering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Drop-Down Menu Not Appearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drop-Down Menu Not Appearing: Hi, Microsoft Community! I've just stumbled upon an issue with my Windows laptop where nothing happens when I right-click my mouse. Usually, this prompts the drop-down menu. I'm also no longer able to copy anything using the highlight method since the highlighting doesn't...
  6. Drop-Down Menu Not Appearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drop-Down Menu Not Appearing: Hi, Microsoft Community! I've just stumbled upon an issue with my Windows laptop where nothing happens when I right-click my mouse. Usually, this prompts the drop-down menu. I'm also no longer able to copy anything using the highlight method since the highlighting doesn't...
  7. Drop-Down Menu Not Appearing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Drop down menu / Autoscroll

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drop down menu / Autoscroll: Recently I noticed that when I right click, instead of a drop down menu, the auto scroll function activates. At first I thought this was a word issue but then I noticed that it occurred anywhere where I could use the scrolling function. For example when in a word document, or...
  9. Windows 10 computer dropping home network connectivity

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 computer dropping home network connectivity: First, I'm relatively naive with computers in general but can follow instructions. So please, patience and thank you. I have a desktop computer that runs on windows 10, latest updates installed. This particular desktop is relatively older but holds many of my hard drives for...
  10. Pull-down or Drop-down Menu?

in Browsers and Email
    Pull-down or Drop-down Menu?: I decided to uninstall Firefox after the entries in the Favorites doubled. (Example: the Yahoo Mail sign-in page appears twice in the list. Deleting one also deletes the other.) I have been looking for browsers with pull-down or drop-down menus but could only find...