Windows 10: Home Networking on Windows 10

Discus and support Home Networking on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 2 PCs running the latest version of Win 10. Both are connected to the same router - 1 via ethernet & 1 via WiFi. I can get the PCs to see each... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by liewbob, Feb 6, 2019.

1. liewbob Win User

Home Networking on Windows 10

I have 2 PCs running the latest version of Win 10.
    Both are connected to the same router - 1 via ethernet & 1 via WiFi.
    I can get the PCs to see each other ib Network, but I can't seem to access files on 1 PC from the other & vise versa.
    There's no more Win 10 Homegroups.

Please advise!

Thanks!

:)

liewbob, Feb 6, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 6, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 6, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Home Networking on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Home Networking

2. Can't connect to home WiFi other network work, can connect to the WiFi on other devices

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't connect to home WiFi other network work, can connect to the WiFi on other devices: Hello there, I'm having troubles connecting to my home WiFi on both of my Windows 10 machines. I can connect on both computers to other networks, including a mobile 4G+ hotspot. When I try to connect to the network, it asks me for the password and I see the following...
  3. Home network - computers unable to connect for folder sharing

Home network - computers unable to connect for folder sharing: Hi I have Windows10 Home (ver 1909) installed on 2 compters on my home network. Computer 1 - connected to main router (via ethernet). Computer 2 - connected to Access Point (via ethernet). The AP is connected to the main router (ethernet) and the IP addresses of each...
  4. is my home network hacked? beginner on new surface goLte, home optus router

is my home network hacked? beginner on new surface goLte, home optus router: Name: Local Area Connection* 3 Description: Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #3 Physical address MAC: da:c4:97:c5:e3:e0 Status: Not operational Maximum transmission unit: 1500 IPv4 address: 169.254.168.192/16 IPv6 address: fe80::4c1b:83ad:4cb2:a8c0%3/64 DNS servers:...
  5. Windows 10 PRO unable to access shared drive on Peer to Peer Network, files on Windows 7 Home

Windows 10 PRO unable to access shared drive on Peer to Peer Network, files on Windows 7 Home: So I have all my files on a Windows 7 Home computer. I have numerous computers running Windows 10 home, all can access the files. All using Norton security and firewall. My own computer was running Windows 10 Home, and I upgraded to PRO, and no problem accessing shared files....
  6. Can't See Other PC's On Home Network

Can't See Other PC's On Home Network: I need to connect two laptops on my home network via WiFi, one of which has a printer attached via USB that I need to share. I read this recent post from Yertiz on the same issue. I followed the tutorial here on this forum, and then the suggestions in Yertiz's post. I still...
  7. New - Can't See Other PC's On Home Network

New - Can't See Other PC's On Home Network: I need to connect two laptops on my home network via WiFi, one of which has a printer attached via USB that I need to share. I read this recent post from Yertiz on the same issue. I followed the tutorial here on this forum, and then the suggestions in Yertiz's post. I still...
  8. Intermittent Network Disconnections - Dell XPS 15 7590 - Killer AX1650 - Windows 10 Home

Intermittent Network Disconnections - Dell XPS 15 7590 - Killer AX1650 - Windows 10 Home: Hello all, I have been having intermittent network issues on my laptop for about a month and while I usually wouldn't post a question, I seem to have come to a dead end in terms of my technical support knowledge. It is a bit of an interesting scenario, at least to me, so I...
  9. Home Network - Starting Over...

Home Network - Starting Over...: I've never gotten my Win10-based home network to operate 100%. Sometimes it works for some computers, other times it just doesn't. I am starting over and want to make sure I get a clean start and possibly get this right! What I have now is an old desktop as my home Hub -...
  10. Network Sharing and discovery issue windows 10 home 1909

Network Sharing and discovery issue windows 10 home 1909: I cannot turn on network sharing. The setting does not save when i tune it on, it disables on its own. I have done troubleshooting listed from this forum page. someone please advice...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. setting up a home network in windows 10 1903 pro step by step

2. home networking windows 10 home 1809