Windows 10: home networking wifi and ethernet computers

Discus and support home networking wifi and ethernet computers in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I home network and share a computer on wifi with one on ethernet, when they are on the same router? Looks like the easiest way is to make them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by drewge, Jun 17, 2021.

1. drewge Win User

home networking wifi and ethernet computers

How do I home network and share a computer on wifi with one on ethernet, when they are on the same router? Looks like the easiest way is to make them both ethernet or wifi

:)

drewge, Jun 17, 2021
  2. GeorgeD55 Win User

ethernet computer does not show wifi computer in file explorer network list

My desktop computer is connected to my router with ethernet & does not show my WiFi connected laptop computer in the file explorer network list in the left pane. The desktop computer does list itself in the network list. The laptop shows both computers
    in its network list. This worked a couple weeks ago before a windows 10 update was done on both computers. I've tried just about everything with no luck. What could be the problem?

GeorgeD55, Jun 17, 2021
  3. FrKasqar Win User
    Domain network ethernet not working but wifi does?

Hi FreeBooter, I already came across this article and followed the steps with no results, I came across other articles that suggested the same steps but still nothing has worked? Thanks for the reply.

FrKasqar, Jun 17, 2021
  4. matake Win User

configure two network type wifi public and Ethernet private

Hello,

I have two network adapters in Windows 10 one wifi for connecting to internet and one Ethernet for local network.
    I need to configure wifi adapter to public network and Ethernet to private network but i can't.

Inverse it work ( wifi to private and Ethernet to public ) but I don't need that.
    (only wifi adapter have option to be discoverable by others pd in Network Settings -> advanced options )

I need to share files by Ethernet AND NOT by wifi.

Any suggestion?

Thank you

matake, Jun 17, 2021
Thema:

1. home networking wifi and ethernet computers - Similar Threads - home networking wifi

2. Ethernet not working in my home network.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet not working in my home network.: Hey guys, so recently my PSU was damaged and I got a replacement. After that, My PC's internetspecifically in ethernet has stopped working. I went to a repair shop , it works there , but at home it doesn't work. I tried my PC's wifi, and it works to an extentonly giving out...
  3. Ethernet not working in my home network.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet not working in my home network.: Hey guys, so recently my PSU was damaged and I got a replacement. After that, My PC's internetspecifically in ethernet has stopped working. I went to a repair shop , it works there , but at home it doesn't work. I tried my PC's wifi, and it works to an extentonly giving out...
  4. Ethernet not working in my home network.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. HELP! Computer no wifi/ethernet

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HELP! Computer no wifi/ethernet: I need help desperately!My computer did a windows 10 update a couple of days ago and i managed to reinstall it with a USB windows boot from HP. That all went well and set my device up nicely!I come to connecting to wifi and click the icon, no wifi even on there. i also...
  6. Home network with Ethernet

Home network with Ethernet: Home network problems and ethernet speed continues. I have 3 computers connected with Ethernet through a router / cable modem. All 3 computers are running Windows 10 (20H2) 19042.630 All settings are exactly the same, and they all use the one and only account I have Still...
  7. Ethernet network issue on Home network

Ethernet network issue on Home network: Ok, my problem is that every time I restart or shutdown or reboot my computer, windows 10, 2004 version, build 19041.572, I cannot see any of the other computers on my home network nor can I see my own computer listed in File Explorer under Network. But I can see Media...
  8. ethernet computer does not show wifi computer in file explorer network list

ethernet computer does not show wifi computer in file explorer network list: My desktop computer is connected to my router with ethernet & does not show my WiFi connected laptop computer in the file explorer network list in the left pane. The desktop computer does list itself in the network list. The laptop shows both computers in its network list....
  9. Cannot connect ethernet to home computer will only connect by wifi. Need help with Ethernet...

Cannot connect ethernet to home computer will only connect by wifi. Need help with Ethernet...: Please help! new computer will only connect by Wi-Fi. Need to connect by hardline Ethernet cable for gaming. 1) cable is good works with Xbox 2) ran trouble shooter - windows could not automatically detect this networks proxy setting. 3) ran network adapter trouble...
  10. Networked Computers Show with WiFi - Not with Dock via Ethernet

Networked Computers Show with WiFi - Not with Dock via Ethernet: Any tips as to why my networked devices show up when on WiFi but not when connected to ethernet via my Dell USB WD15 dock? I cannot figure it out no matter how hard I have looked. I'm sure there is something simple I'm overlooking. 91559