Windows 10: Home networking with Windows 10 pro problem

Discus and support Home networking with Windows 10 pro problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I try to map NAS units on my home network I receive a message that I cannot connect to my file share because it is not secure. Also that this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by pbcanney, Aug 13, 2018.

1. pbcanney Win User

Home networking with Windows 10 pro problem

When I try to map NAS units on my home network I receive a message that I cannot connect to my file share because it is not secure. Also that this connection requires the obsolete SMB1 protocol that could expose my pc to attacks. As I have a total of 7 NAS units storing my video, audio and doc files, this is a bit of an issue for me.

:)

pbcanney, Aug 13, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 13, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 13, 2018
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Home networking with Windows 10 pro problem - Similar Threads - Home networking pro

2. Home network problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Home network problem: Windows 11 laptop and Windows 8.1 cannot find each other on home network. Windows 11 cannot find networked printer either. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/home-network-problem/befe45a3-a1f2-4988-9c67-baac6c45223f
  3. Home network problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Home network problem: Windows 11 laptop and Windows 8.1 cannot find each other on home network. Windows 11 cannot find networked printer either. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/home-network-problem/befe45a3-a1f2-4988-9c67-baac6c45223f
  4. Windows 10 Home Network access problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Home Network access problem: I have two Windows 10 Home computers that I want to be able to share files between, but I need help! My desktop ethernet and laptop wireless are on the same private network in my home. My two hostnames are \\Desktop\Users\Dougbert\Upstairs...
  5. Problem with Network Shares/Access between Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro

Problem with Network Shares/Access between Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro: I have aproblem with one laptop windows 10 Pro accessing network shares on two othermachines with windows 10 Home. My problem: Laptop 1 cannotaccess any shares on Laptop 2 or the Desktop. The Desktop is asking for Windows credentials none have been set orexist. Laptop 2...
  6. Home Network Problems

Home Network Problems: So I am some issues with 2 of my PC's not seeing each other on my network. I have 3 PC's a tower and 2 laptops. Both laptop are connected wifi and tower wired all PCs running Windows 10. I do have Google WiFi with mesh network. My laptop see all computer however my tower and...
  7. home network problem

home network problem: I am connected to my secure home network via wifi with a laptop, but when I use File Explorer I do not see the other computers on my network. Even the Readyshare memory stick that is connected to the router does not show. I need to move some files between this laptop and...
  8. windows 10 home lan network problem

windows 10 home lan network problem: I have 3 Pc in LAN. All having same version windows 10 home. all are same network group say WORKGROUP. there are 3 Pc . PC A ,B C. In Pc B i m facing problem. as in Pc B i can see all lan pc name on network but could not access A and C. but from PC A & C i can access Pc B....
  9. Home network problem

Home network problem: I have 6 computer on my home network, everything was working fine until about 2 weeks ago when I noticed I no longer could access my backup server. I am using windows 10 pro on all computers, I can still access 3 of the 6 computers and all of there folders and files. The 3...
  10. Home Network Problem

Home Network Problem: Have three computers on my network,two windows 10 and one windows7. Problem is with Remote Desktop Connection,works perfect with the windows7 computer. Can't get it to connect with the other windows10 computer,wants a user and password. There is no password on the computer?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is there problem networking between windows 10 home and pro

2. windows 10 home and pro networking