Windows 10: Home Page Not Used When 'Open Firefox' With Cortana

Discus and support Home Page Not Used When 'Open Firefox' With Cortana in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Firefox 43.0.2 and Win 10 ... when use Cortana and speak 'Open Firefox', Firefox starts but does not open at the defined Home Page ... instead... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by RAPw10, Dec 26, 2015.

1. RAPw10 Win User

Home Page Not Used When 'Open Firefox' With Cortana

Firefox 43.0.2 and Win 10 ... when use Cortana and speak
    'Open Firefox', Firefox starts but does not open at the
    defined Home Page ... instead starts at a Google search
    with a search argument of "Open Firefox".

BTW: Firefox is defined to be the default browser and
    after FF starts the Home Page can be accessed by clicking
    the 'Home page icon'.

When FF is started without using Cortana, the Home page is displayed.

:)

RAPw10, Dec 26, 2015
  2. gad101 Win User

windows 10 anniversary 1607

Just did the update today. Problem, I use Firefox as my default browser. Start page is att.yahoo.com. Before the update my sign in information would always be remembered. I would have to sign in every four weeks. But other than that, I would open Firefox,
    home page would come up and I would be signed in. Now I have to sign in to my home page each time I open Firefox.

Added info, also disabled Cortana, but the log in problem began before that.

Any ideas what is going on?

Thanks.

gad101, Dec 26, 2015
  3. billiop Win User
    Microsoft Edge, Multiple Home Pages

This does not set multiple HOME pages, it sets multiple START pages that open on startup. Multiple HOME pages should open more than one page when the home icon (if you've made it visible) is clicked.

In IE you could enter multiple pages on one line and they'd all open when you clicked the home icon, as well as when you started the browser. In Firefox you separate the pages with a semicolon and it operates like IE.

Chrome (and apparently Edge) only allow one home page.

billiop, Dec 26, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

I think Cortana can only open Universal Apps.

Edwin, Dec 26, 2015
  5. RAPw10 Win User
    Thanks for the update
    Not sure about Universal Apps ... but Cortana DOES open Firefox ... just doesn't 'go to' the defined Home Page.

RAPw10, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Home Page Not Used When 'Open Firefox' With Cortana - Similar Threads - Home Page Used

2. MS Money App, Windows 11 Home, does NOT open the Home Page when opened.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Money App, Windows 11 Home, does NOT open the Home Page when opened.: App details:I am on Windows 11 Home, latest version with all fixes.Some time ago, maybe an Update to the app or Windows, when I start Money the Home page shows, but it just flashes. The green bar on the left shows where it opened too, Home...Now if I click on Home, it opens...
  3. MS Money App, Windows 11 Home, does NOT open the Home Page when opened.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Money App, Windows 11 Home, does NOT open the Home Page when opened.: App details:I am on Windows 11 Home, latest version with all fixes.Some time ago, maybe an Update to the app or Windows, when I start Money the Home page shows, but it just flashes. The green bar on the left shows where it opened too, Home...Now if I click on Home, it opens...
  4. cannot open home page, msn.com

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cannot open home page, msn.com: Have tried troubleshooting diagnostics and report merely says: "ERR_Connection_Reset"No further info. or instructions. All other troubleshooting reports that all is OK and up to date. But Downloads and Documents can no longer be opened in File Explorer, This PC.Message reads:...
  5. Letters "halo" when scrolling Firefox pages?

in Browsers and Email
    Letters "halo" when scrolling Firefox pages?: FF 81.0.2 and the latest Windows 10 update (2004 (19041.572). I'm a long time user of FF and with these two resent up dates I am now noticing a "halo" effect around printed matter when I scroll a page. Specifically, while in the scroll motion, the letters seems to have a...
  6. Letters "halo" when scrolling Firefox pages?

in Windows 10 Support
    Letters "halo" when scrolling Firefox pages?: FF 81.0.2 and the latest Windows 10 update (2004 (19041.572). I'm a long time user of FF and with these two resent up dates I am now noticing a "halo" effect around printed matter when I scroll a page. Specifically, while in the scroll motion, the letters seems to have a...
  7. BSOD When openning Firefox / Chrome

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD When openning Firefox / Chrome: Hello. Windows 10 recently updated to version 1903 and since then I'm having a BSOD as soon as I open Firefox or Chrome. If I open edge it does open and I can browse find, however after a some random time I get the BSOD. I have tried all I can think of. I updated all the...
  8. cortana browsing with firefox

in Cortana
    cortana browsing with firefox: Can cortana be set to search in firefox instead of Edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-browsing-with-firefox/80f74856-7fa3-4c58-b801-eb3f87200195"
  9. Firefox showing incorrect default home page on hosted domain --

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox showing incorrect default home page on hosted domain --: Hi folks I had a really annoying problem on Firefox but eventually easily solved -- on a hosting server I was getting the Hosting services "Parking" or sales page showing whenever I typed my domains default page instead of (currently) just a blank page -- the Hosting DNS's...
  10. W10 opens seperate tab for firefox when opening with main firefox icon

in Browsers and Email
    W10 opens seperate tab for firefox when opening with main firefox icon: Hello, lately I've been having an issue where Windows will open a separate tab for Firefox when i open it with the original pinned icon on my task bar.. I've tried opening firefox and unpinning the pinned shortcut and pinning the opened one and restarting firefox and it...