Windows 10: home private neworking

Discus and support home private neworking in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have multiple computers connected to the same router. One connected directly via ethernet, the rest via wireless. They all can see each other but do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Plinkster, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Plinkster Win User

home private neworking

I have multiple computers connected to the same router. One connected directly via ethernet, the rest via wireless. They all can see each other but do not have permission to be allowed access to any other computer. All sharing options are active and set to everyone. What am I missing?

:)

Plinkster, Aug 7, 2020

2. Error: "Can create home group in private network only" - the wireless network is private though

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about connecting to HomeGroup network with error: Can create home group in private network only, we will help you with this issue.

I would like to inform that this issue might have occurred due to settings in the Network type on Windows 10.

Step 1: I suggest you to check with the network type on Windows 10, try the below:

Right click on the Network icon in the System tray
    and click on Open Network and Sharing Center.

Here you will see the network you are connected to and what type of network Windows 10 has identified it as. (Private/ Public).

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to change the network type to Private if it is not and check if it helps.

• Log-in as an Administrator, on the desktop, click on the Network system icon in the taskbar notification area.
    • Right click on your network connection and click on
      Turn sharing on or off
    • Click on Yes, turn on sharing and connect to devices.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt and check if it helps.

For reference: HomeGroup problems in Windows

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 7, 2020
  3. In Setting, Accounts, Sign in Options I get a message "some settings are managed by your organisation" This is a private PC on my home network.

Hi Wally,

Thank you for updating us. It must be unfortunate that you are still facing the same issue. Let me help you.

As a work around, I suggest you to change the home network in to private and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below.

• Go to settings

• Click on Network and
      Internet

• Select Ethernet

• Click on Ethernet icon

• Turn off Make this PC discoverable
    Check if it helps.

Please reply with the updated status. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Aug 7, 2020
  4. home private neworking

Private Network on Windows 10 Home (built 1709)

Setting your network to Private is available on both
    Windows 10 Home
    and Pro. We would like to verify if you have completed the steps above to set your network to either
    Home or Work.

We also suggest checking the methods in this
    article
    should you encounter network issues in the future.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jefferson Ore, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

home private neworking

1. home private neworking - Similar Threads - home private neworking

2. Unable to connect to computer on local home, private network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to computer on local home, private network: Computer 1 and Computer 2 are on the same Workgroup. There are No Windows Credentials on either Computer 1 or Computer 2. I am not getting the Enter Network Credentials windows anymore on either computer on trying to access the other computer from one computer. I have made...
  3. Unable to connect to computer on local home, private network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to connect to computer on local home, private network: Computer 1 and Computer 2 are on the same Workgroup. There are No Windows Credentials on either Computer 1 or Computer 2. I am not getting the Enter Network Credentials windows anymore on either computer on trying to access the other computer from one computer. I have made...
  4. “Device Control” showing in Powershell on a private home computer

“Device Control” showing in Powershell on a private home computer: When I do “Get-MpComputerStatus” in Powershell, it always shows Device Control and the policies are outdated by ALOT. I’ve reset and clean installed my computer many times yet it still shows. It might’ve been the result of something a little sketchy I downloaded but the file...
  5. “Device Control” showing in Powershell on a private home computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    “Device Control” showing in Powershell on a private home computer: When I do “Get-MpComputerStatus” in Powershell, it always shows Device Control and the policies are outdated by ALOT. I’ve reset and clean installed my computer many times yet it still shows. It might’ve been the result of something a little sketchy I downloaded but the file...
  6. Public or Private Home Wifi and Network Firewall settings?

Public or Private Home Wifi and Network Firewall settings?: I am a home user. I am confused as I read different descriptions of Public and Private and where they are used. What should my Home Wifi and Network Firewall be set as? Are the Wifi settings and Network Firewall settings two different Public and Private settings? 1. Windows...
  7. Neworking computers Windows 10 and a Windows 7

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Neworking computers Windows 10 and a Windows 7: I have a new Windows 10 computer that I want to network with a Windows 7 computer both in my home with a wireless router. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/neworking-computers-windows-10-and-a-windows-7/cbf6428e-2f4b-4e70-a051-357b3488003b
  8. Sharing a folder on home private LAN

Sharing a folder on home private LAN: On my private LAN I want to share documents on system A with system B. System A's File Explorer shows that the Network folder displays both systems listed first is system B - as DESKTOP-FLKD0I5, then system A as DESKTOP-NG6EJEC. That's all. In system A's File Explorer I...
  9. how to set up home nework

how to set up home nework: I just bought a second computer and it is running win Pro 10 and my original is running win Home. I can't figure out how to set up a hame network. please help. Krisandra...
  10. neworking method priority

neworking method priority: I have both ethernet and wifi connected at the same time. How do i verify the system is using ethernet as the first priority https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/neworking-method-priority/3dd94fc6-385a-4b3b-b5db-0630453977ea