Windows 10: Home screen doesn't update?

Discus and support Home screen doesn't update? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi When you open File Manager, it opens to the Home Screen. It saves a list of recently opened files and folders. I noticed that it continues... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MikeHawthorne, Oct 11, 2014.

1. Home screen doesn't update?

Hi

When you open File Manager, it opens to the Home Screen.

It saves a list of recently opened files and folders.

I noticed that it continues to show folders that are no longer there.
    I moved one and deleted 2 others but even after rebooting it shows the folders in the Frequent Folders category.

If I click on them it says that it can't find them, that they may have been moved or deleted, but it don't see anyway to get it to update the screen.

It continues to show the folders that are no longer there.

Anyone know how to make the screen update?

Mike

:)

MikeHawthorne, Oct 11, 2014

2. Windows Store app won't open

Whenever I tap on the windows store on my home screen, I instantly get taken back to the home screen. It doesn't open. Help?

LGTroberts, Oct 11, 2014
  3. For those that want messeging on n97 like skype/msn/aim/icq/ect download this widget

just installed it, doesn't have home screen support

mmostafaei, Oct 11, 2014
  4. hawkman Win User

Home screen doesn't update?

mike,
    this is somewhat like my earlier post where i uninstalled a program, but i cant remove/delete it in apps

Roy

hawkman, Oct 11, 2014
  5. Edwin New Member
    On the Ribbon, click 'File'/'Delete history/Recent folders list

Edwin, Oct 11, 2014
  6. Hi

That made the files that I've opened recently disappear but the folders even the ones that have been deleted are still there.

Mike

7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Mike,

Uncheck the Store and display recently opened items in the Start menu and the taskbar box, click Apply, check the box again, click OK like in Option One of the tutorial below, and open File Explorer to check Home to see if they are still there. This would normally clear "Frequent Folders" in Home for you. *Smile

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...-turn-off.html

Brink, Oct 11, 2014
  8. Home screen doesn't update?

Hi Brink

That worked, I also figured out that if I tried to open them from the File/Frequent Places list, it would tell me it couldn't find it and then ask if I wanted to delete the shortcut.

But I think I'll just leave the feature turned off for now.

Mike

9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'm sure that eventually it would update and remove the recently opened items, but yeah it would be nice to have it done immediately when the folders were deleted.

Brink, Oct 11, 2014
  10. Is it possible to totally remove the "Home" entry from the Navigation pane in File Explorer?

lehnerus2000, Oct 30, 2014
  11. Ztruker Win User
    Did you report this to MS? If not you should.

Ztruker, Oct 30, 2014
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It's normal. It just takes some time for recent items and such to update to remove the deleted items like it does with the search index updating.

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Home screen doesn't update?

1. Home screen doesn't update? - Similar Threads - Home screen doesn't

2. Home Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Home Screen: Hi, won’t let me reset password on Home Screen saying i need to connect to USB flash drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/home-screen/84793d23-4b36-4b89-9b6b-699e0e11d59c
  3. Home Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Home Screen: Is anyone else finding that when you are in a program, the system just switches the window back to your home screen? It's very annoying and happens all the time, no matter what program I'm in....
  4. HP Smart Home screen doesn't appear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Smart Home screen doesn't appear: I'm using a computer with Windows 10. My HP Smart app does not work. After I click to open the app, I don't get a home screen, I get a message that says "Do you want to help make HP Smart better by sharing usage data?". If I click yes or no, I get the same result: Another...
  5. Home Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Home Screen: Is there any way to have different layers for the Home Screen. Like I have on my Mobile where I can keep different icons together on one screen then swipe to the next. I'd like to keep work file icons on one Home Screen, Songs/Video files etc. on another and personal files...
  6. Home screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Home screen: How to stop Windows from going into home screen when laptop wakes up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/home-screen/3617564e-ced7-41b1-ad0d-9434233972f3
  7. Home screen

Home screen: I recently got the update on my laptop and ever since, I keep seeing all the explore, play, and create apps on the screen. I can't get it to go away so that I can see my home screen. How do I get it to hide like before?...
  8. Home screen

Home screen: I did something that took all of my app symbols off of my home screen. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/home-screen/0b0d2680-fbd4-4117-ae1b-1e9c3407af65
  9. home screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    home screen: how to get back to home menu from Microsoft account menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/home-screen/bdcd25c0-0bde-48f7-badf-80715b961233
  10. Home-Network doesn't work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Home-Network doesn't work: Hi, Created a home network with my desktop (WIN XP/SP3) and Notebook (WIN7/SP1). Access and Data Transfer between the 2 devices all OK. Now tried to add 2 further devices to the network using all recommended procedures for WIN 10: a) Desktop and b) Laptop, both with WIN 10...