Home screen doesn't update?

Discus and support Home screen doesn't update? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi When you open File Manager, it opens to the Home Screen. It saves a list of recently opened files and folders. I noticed that it continues... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MikeHawthorne, Oct 11, 2014.

1. MikeHawthorne Win User

Hi

When you open File Manager, it opens to the Home Screen.

It saves a list of recently opened files and folders.

I noticed that it continues to show folders that are no longer there.
    I moved one and deleted 2 others but even after rebooting it shows the folders in the Frequent Folders category.

If I click on them it says that it can't find them, that they may have been moved or deleted, but it don't see anyway to get it to update the screen.

It continues to show the folders that are no longer there.

Anyone know how to make the screen update?

Mike

:)

MikeHawthorne, Oct 11, 2014
  2. LGTroberts Win User

Windows Store app won't open

Whenever I tap on the windows store on my home screen, I instantly get taken back to the home screen. It doesn't open. Help?

LGTroberts, Oct 11, 2014
  3. mmostafaei Win User
    For those that want messeging on n97 like skype/msn/aim/icq/ect download this widget

just installed it, doesn't have home screen support

mmostafaei, Oct 11, 2014
  4. hawkman Win User

mike,
    this is somewhat like my earlier post where i uninstalled a program, but i cant remove/delete it in apps

Roy

hawkman, Oct 11, 2014
  5. Edwin New Member
    On the Ribbon, click 'File'/'Delete history/Recent folders list

Edwin, Oct 11, 2014
  6. MikeHawthorne Win User
    Hi

That made the files that I've opened recently disappear but the folders even the ones that have been deleted are still there.

Mike

7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Mike,

Uncheck the Store and display recently opened items in the Start menu and the taskbar box, click Apply, check the box again, click OK like in Option One of the tutorial below, and open File Explorer to check Home to see if they are still there. This would normally clear "Frequent Folders" in Home for you. *Smile

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...-turn-off.html

Brink, Oct 11, 2014
  8. MikeHawthorne Win User

Hi Brink

That worked, I also figured out that if I tried to open them from the File/Frequent Places list, it would tell me it couldn't find it and then ask if I wanted to delete the shortcut.

But I think I'll just leave the feature turned off for now.

Mike

9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'm sure that eventually it would update and remove the recently opened items, but yeah it would be nice to have it done immediately when the folders were deleted.

Brink, Oct 11, 2014
  10. lehnerus2000 Win User
    Is it possible to totally remove the "Home" entry from the Navigation pane in File Explorer?

lehnerus2000, Oct 30, 2014
  11. Ztruker Win User
    Did you report this to MS? If not you should.

Ztruker, Oct 30, 2014
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It's normal. It just takes some time for recent items and such to update to remove the deleted items like it does with the search index updating.

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Home screen doesn't update? - Similar Threads - Home screen doesn't

2. outlook inbox not update emails

in Windows 10 Customization
    outlook inbox not update emails: Hello My outlook 2016 is not update my inbox? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/outlook-inbox-not-update-emails/35ff1e78-9d1f-4c58-81e0-2ca66cdc0371
  3. Some text in Some apps are blury since most recent update.

Some text in Some apps are blury since most recent update.: I've fixed a few apps by running the 'compatibility' under properties. But this is a one at a time solution. this wasn't an issue before latest update. running nvidia geforce as my graphic card - latest driver update - and i just realized ITS text is blury none of...
  4. The Windows 10 that was forced on me is so bloated it has no performance and updates will...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The Windows 10 that was forced on me is so bloated it has no performance and updates will...: I am using Asus T200A which is a lightweight PC/Tablet Windows is 10.0.16299 Build 16299 There are too many problems to list The system has got so slow and bloated with Windows software with less tha a Gig left on my C: drive, that when I want to open a new application, I...
  5. PC screen stutters when using mouse and keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC screen stutters when using mouse and keyboard: When I type with the keyboard or move the mouse the screens stutters for about 0.2 seconds and then does it again after 2 or 3 seconds if I continue to use them. I have tried troubleshooting, scanning for viruses, uninstalling drivers, different mouse and keyboard and...
  6. Computer Lagging after Windows 10 Update August 14, 2018 - KB4343909 (OS Build 17134.228)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer Lagging after Windows 10 Update August 14, 2018 - KB4343909 (OS Build 17134.228): Hello. After this update, my computer sometimes lagging. When using a browser or playing games. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/computer-lagging-after-windows-10-update-august-14/ad86c4a3-0154-460d-9286-7e41bf70cd1a
  7. Windows 10 update

Windows 10 update: Error message every time it try's Security Update for Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007 (KB3213642) -Error 0x80070643 Any sugestions My other machine has updated both machines have the same programms...
  8. Lost 2560x1080 resolution after Windows 10 16 Aug 2018 update

Lost 2560x1080 resolution after Windows 10 16 Aug 2018 update: After the automatic Windows 10 update, I could no longer choose 2560x1080 ultrawide resolution on my LG34 inch monitor. My video card is an AMD 7000 legacy display card came with Dell computer in 2013. I tried every method online including updating drivers from AMD or LG,...
  9. Digital Signage Kiosk - Low Disk Space for Windows Update

Digital Signage Kiosk - Low Disk Space for Windows Update: I have a small "stick" PC driving a display in the lobby of a boutique hotel. This is the only purpose of this device. It runs on a LAN that is not connected to the outside world. I do not need ANY windows updates at all... I have gone into the admin account and set...
  10. Windows 10 automatic update: forced restart results in lost browser tabs in IE & Edge, is...

Windows 10 automatic update: forced restart results in lost browser tabs in IE & Edge, is...: Last night, I returned to my desk after going out for a meal, woke my machine from sleep with the intention of continuing to work where I'd left off, only to find that Windows had forced a restart after installing an update. The consequence of this was that although Edge...