Windows 10: Home Screen frozen. Can’t enter PIN

Discus and support Home Screen frozen. Can’t enter PIN in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo Ideapad3. After finishing gmail I saw an alert in the tray at the bottom. “Windows Updates needed” 4 updates listed. Clicked on Restart... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MarkStepich, Apr 19, 2022.

1. Home Screen frozen. Can’t enter PIN

I have a Lenovo Ideapad3. After finishing gmail I saw an alert in the tray at the bottom. “Windows Updates needed” 4 updates listed. Clicked on Restart Now. When I came back later, Home Screen asked for pin. I tried my fingerprint but that didn’t work. The PIN field would not let me type my pin. No letters. Only 3 numbers. Then Incorrect Pin alert multiple times. Then “You’ve entered your pin too many times. Please restart.” Repeat multiple times. Same screen again.

:)

MarkStepich, Apr 19, 2022
  2. Kupuna Win User

Can't enter PIN for Headset

I'm grateful for your replies. I obviously haven't done a good job of explaining. Here are snips of the windows involved. I have done all the steps suggested, but I can't directly enter the PIN in the larger window. That seems to be my only problem. Plantronics hasn't answered yet, but I'll hope they come through.

Home Screen frozen. Can’t enter PIN [​IMG]

Home Screen frozen. Can’t enter PIN [​IMG]

Kupuna, Apr 19, 2022
  3. Opening screen, entering PIN

For some reason after updating to Win 10 Creator's Edition I now have to enter my PIN twice in order to proceed. First time merely returns me to the screen showing the "picture of the day". Have to enter pin second time to get past this and to my Desktop.

Started from first use of new edition.

Any suggestions on how to just enter PIN one time and proceed?

ArthurLevin, Apr 19, 2022
  4. Home Screen frozen. Can’t enter PIN

can not enter lock screen PIN

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per description, you are unable to enter PIN on lock screen.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better:

• Are you able to enter password to login?

I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Step1: Boot your system in safe mode.

Refer:

Start your PC in safe mode in
    Windows 10

If you are able to boot into safe mode update display drivers.

Step 2:
    Update display drivers.

a. Press Windows + X, Click
    Device Manager.

b. Expand Display
    Adapters

c. Check if the name of the graphic card is the list.

d. Right click on the Display Adapter’s name and click
    Update.

e. You may reinstall the drivers from Computer Manufacturer’s website.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Ashish Sondhi, Apr 19, 2022
Thema:

Home Screen frozen. Can’t enter PIN

1. Home Screen frozen. Can’t enter PIN - Similar Threads - Home Screen frozen

2. I can’t sign in. Keyboard is locked so I can’t enter PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t sign in. Keyboard is locked so I can’t enter PIN: I can’t sign in. Keyboard is locked so I can’t enter PIN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-sign-in-keyboard-is-locked-so-i-cant-enter/713460c3-d046-4187-8b9b-f975ce2766fb
  3. Can’t enter pin on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t enter pin on windows 11: When I started up my PC it hit me with a message that says “something happened and your pin isn’t available click to set up your pin again.” However when I try to click the “set up your pin again button nothing happens. How can I fix this, do I need to redownload windows or...
  4. Can’t enter pin on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t enter pin on windows 11: When I started up my PC it hit me with a message that says “something happened and your pin isn’t available click to set up your pin again.” However when I try to click the “set up your pin again button nothing happens. How can I fix this, do I need to redownload windows or...
  5. I can’t enter my pin windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can’t enter my pin windows 10: “something happened and your pin isn’t available”. My PC has been prone to crashing as of late and so I tried to fix the issue. To find the issue I followed a guide on how to preform a clean boot. I went into “msconfig” and disabled all services. After doing that I am now...
  6. I can’t enter my pin windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t enter my pin windows 10: “something happened and your pin isn’t available”. My PC has been prone to crashing as of late and so I tried to fix the issue. To find the issue I followed a guide on how to preform a clean boot. I went into “msconfig” and disabled all services. After doing that I am now...
  7. I can’t enter my pin windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Home Screen frozen. Can’t enter PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Home Screen frozen. Can’t enter PIN: I have a Lenovo Ideapad3. After finishing gmail I saw an alert in the tray at the bottom. “Windows Updates needed” 4 updates listed. Clicked on Restart Now. When I came back later, Home Screen asked for pin. I tried my fingerprint but that didn’t work. The PIN field would not...
  9. Can’t access Home Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can’t access Home Screen: I hard wired my security system to my All in One HP desktop. I right click and go into HDMI detail to view works great. Problem I cannot exit to get back to my home screen without pulling the HDMI plug out. Thank You....
  10. Frozen screen, can’t do anything about it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frozen screen, can’t do anything about it: Hello, my lenovo laptop screen is black and i can only move around the white arrow but other than that i cant even click on anything, press any key, it just wont respond. I even googled some solutions and looked at other responses. I have tried key+P and selected pc only, no...