Windows 10: Home screen icons,taskbar icons,start menu icons, including the fonts shrunk in size after...

Discus and support Home screen icons,taskbar icons,start menu icons, including the fonts shrunk in size after... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had a display driver update pending. I updated the driver and after restarting the pc, everything looks smaller, I mean the icons and fonts. Except... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dirk6799, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Dirk6799 Win User

Home screen icons,taskbar icons,start menu icons, including the fonts shrunk in size after...

I had a display driver update pending. I updated the driver and after restarting the pc, everything looks smaller, I mean the icons and fonts. Except for icons and fonts everything else is intact. If anyone knows how to deal with it, please help me.

:)

Dirk6799, Dec 19, 2020
  2. rizzo Win User

Small Icon Wont Change

dpi changes font, not icon size. Right click on your desktop then go to properties>appearance>advanced> click the top drop down menu and you'll find an icon setting where you can adjust size. That may only affect the desktop icons but it's worth a shot.

rizzo, Dec 19, 2020
  3. Darknova Win User
    Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Dec 19, 2020
  4. psyko12 Win User

Home screen icons,taskbar icons,start menu icons, including the fonts shrunk in size after...

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

@oil: That's what I did, but unfortunately it's different, it should be like "Internet" and should have the icon of FireFox.

So.. Remove the icon via Start menu properties, uninstall FF (again) and install?

psyko12, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Home screen icons,taskbar icons,start menu icons, including the fonts shrunk in size after... - Similar Threads - Home screen icons

2. Taskbar icons size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar icons size: So for like a month or so after one update these taskbar icons are so big i cant even look at them. Tb stopped working and yes ive tried taskbarsi set it to 0 still they are big im running on 1280x1024 bc its just better for me while playing games and i got used to it. Icons...
  3. Taskbar icon size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar icon size: When I first upgraded to Windows 11, the one problem I had was the size of the icons in the Taskbar. Being visually changed, they were just too small. After some digging, I found a YouTube video by Kevin Stratvert https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RswaXcWWCo0 , that, in five...
  4. Taskbar icon size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar icon size: When I first upgraded to Windows 11, the one problem I had was the size of the icons in the Taskbar. Being visually changed, they were just too small. After some digging, I found a YouTube video by Kevin Stratvert https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RswaXcWWCo0 , that, in five...
  5. Taskbar Icon size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Icon size: Is there anyway Microsoft can include a Taskbar Icon Size adjustment in the settings with an update for Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icon-size/d5e19191-fbf6-4176-ac07-8abca3fb44f1
  6. Home screen icon size

in Windows 10 Customization
    Home screen icon size: For some reason, my icons on my home screen have expanded horizontally. I have taken a screenshot of the home screen and highlighted what the size of the border is. It is inconvenient and I really want it to get fixed. If anyone can point me in the right direction to fix it,...
  7. Start Menu fonts and icons are Magnified

Start Menu fonts and icons are Magnified: I currently have my screen extended from 16:10 to a 16:9 monitor. The start menu is not working a expected on the 16:9 screen. Icons and fonts are magnified and not able to display the full list, also there's a limit on the scrolling. Please find below the comparison of...
  8. Font and icons size

Font and icons size: Font size is too small, but it's only on desktop and in file explorer, other fonts are ok. Also icons on desktop overlays each other even though i choose align icons to grid. How can I solve it? Changing scaling doesn't work.[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  9. Taskbar Icon size and overall fonts

Taskbar Icon size and overall fonts: So after all my upgrades (I have 4 7pro systems running and networked) I had to add a new system hence Windows 10. What a joke!!!!!!!!!! It's Windows 10 PROFESSIONAL and it has so much junk on it it's CRAZY!!!!!!!!! I can't even uninstall 3/4 of them. Microsoft dialed...
  10. Icon size and fonts

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon size and fonts: Need help please. Love the Win 10 preview. My problem is some of my icons are too big or too small. Half and half on the desktop. My fonts are so small I can hardly see them Also my icons are just about touching. Need to space them better.On Explorer the text is fine but when...