Windows 10: Home Screen on Restart

Discus and support Home Screen on Restart in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a new desktop running Windows 10. If I shut down and start it up I don't have a problem. However, if I use restart the task bar shows up, if I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DannySchuster, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Home Screen on Restart

I have a new desktop running Windows 10. If I shut down and start it up I don't have a problem. However, if I use restart the task bar shows up, if I open one of the aps on the task bar (i.e. Google, Email, or any thing else the task bar reflects that the aps are there, but there is nothing on the screen. No icons or anything. Anyone know how to correct this?

Thanks for any help.

Danny

:)

DannySchuster, Nov 19, 2019

2. Computer randomly has black screen and restarts

Taco this could be software also. Before you get all crazy, do as Erocker suggested. Find out the error in the Event Viewer. Look for the faulting module and the error code itself. Also check the reliability monitor. At the bottom it will have "View all Error Reports". Post a screen of whats in there if anything.

This could be a simple as a bad driver install.

ALSO have you downloaded or installed anything lately? STAY OUT OF THE DAMN BIOS UNTIL WE KNOW THE ERROR! lol. I know you. Baby steps boy, baby steps.

TheMailMan78, Nov 19, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 19, 2019
  4. Home Screen on Restart

little cat, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

Home Screen on Restart

1. Home Screen on Restart - Similar Threads - Home Screen Restart

2. Restore everything on the home screen after restart?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restore everything on the home screen after restart?: I'm remotely helping my aging parents on a weekly basis with really frustrating and simple issues of accidentally deleted shortcuts to apps, magnification settings in the Web browser etc and it's driving me crazy because they keep forgetting what they did wrong. If I search...
  3. Home Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Home Screen: Hi, won’t let me reset password on Home Screen saying i need to connect to USB flash drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/home-screen/84793d23-4b36-4b89-9b6b-699e0e11d59c
  4. Home Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Home Screen: Is anyone else finding that when you are in a program, the system just switches the window back to your home screen? It's very annoying and happens all the time, no matter what program I'm in....
  5. Home Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Home Screen: Is there any way to have different layers for the Home Screen. Like I have on my Mobile where I can keep different icons together on one screen then swipe to the next. I'd like to keep work file icons on one Home Screen, Songs/Video files etc. on another and personal files...
  6. Home screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Home screen: How to stop Windows from going into home screen when laptop wakes up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/home-screen/3617564e-ced7-41b1-ad0d-9434233972f3
  7. Home Screen

Home Screen: Briefly while signing on to my computer a different photo appears on the full screen. Soon as I am logged in, the photo disappears and I am left with my home screen containing my several program shortcuts. I would much prefer to have the full screen photo remain instead....
  8. Home screen

Home screen: I recently got the update on my laptop and ever since, I keep seeing all the explore, play, and create apps on the screen. I can't get it to go away so that I can see my home screen. How do I get it to hide like before?...
  9. Home screen

Home screen: I did something that took all of my app symbols off of my home screen. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/home-screen/0b0d2680-fbd4-4117-ae1b-1e9c3407af65
  10. home screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    home screen: how to get back to home menu from Microsoft account menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/home-screen/bdcd25c0-0bde-48f7-badf-80715b961233