Windows 10: home screen/start menu messed up. no more icons for all my apps. start screen on top. help!!

Discus and support home screen/start menu messed up. no more icons for all my apps. start screen on top. help!! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My computer was fine the last time I used it. But two days ago when I turned it on the start screen is completely different. It's almost like the old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GenesisGage, May 9, 2020.

1. home screen/start menu messed up. no more icons for all my apps. start screen on top. help!!

My computer was fine the last time I used it. But two days ago when I turned it on the start screen is completely different. It's almost like the old windows 8 but not the exactly the same. My background pic no longer shows up. Start menu is at the top left now instead of the bottom. Yahoo opens as default browser even though it says its supposed to be google. I've checked tablet mode and it's not checked. I've tried and update and that didn't work. I am at my wits end because I do not like it this way. Please help!!

:)

GenesisGage, May 9, 2020
  2. Darknova Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, May 9, 2020
  3. psyko12 Win User
    Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

Hey guys I need your help fixing the default access icon on the start menu, as far as google searches suggested default user access and all it only fixes the IE icon, but when I chose fire fox to display it's just a globe when clicked on it still displays IE's properties but doesn't start firefox instead. Help please? *Respect :respect:*Cry :cry:

BTW it was not like this before, I just wanted a clean install for my browser.

home screen/start menu messed up. no more icons for all my apps. start screen on top. help!! prob.jpg

psyko12, May 9, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

home screen/start menu messed up. no more icons for all my apps. start screen on top. help!!

missing icons in start menu

Hi Wickiwizard,

It is possible that the icon of your apps in Start menu is missing due to a corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with icons in Start menu?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with Start menu or Cortana.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the suggestion shared by
    Meliton Dec on this thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, May 9, 2020
Thema:

home screen/start menu messed up. no more icons for all my apps. start screen on top. help!!

1. home screen/start menu messed up. no more icons for all my apps. start screen on top. help!! - Similar Threads - home screen start

2. How to take fullscreen start menu start on all apps screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to take fullscreen start menu start on all apps screen?: I don't pin stuff to the start menu, I have no use for that. That being said, if I use fullscreen start, it's empty every time I press the start menu, which serves no purpose at all. To fix this, I'd like to see the "all apps" menu when I press the start button. Can I do...
  3. Start up interupted by green mess screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start up interupted by green mess screen.: When I start my HP 62 Laptop occaionally the screen goes from blue, to green mesh, then to black. I have to shut the laptop off and restart. This does not always fix the problem. Can you screen the software to look for errors? Dave T...
  4. Start Menu Icons are All over the Desk top

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Icons are All over the Desk top: Hello , My Start Menu Icons are no longer in the Start Menu Button but All Over the Desk Top... On the Desk Top, Where the Short Cuts and Recycle bin are supposed to Be, there are options to show how these Start menu apps are supposed to be Laid Out. along with the Power on...
  5. Start menu "Top Apps" Remove

in Cortana
    Start menu "Top Apps" Remove: Hello All, Currently on build 2019.07.30.2227780 and would like to know if there is a way to remove the "Top Apps" from the start menu search bar (Press Start, Enter something to search on, Delete said search, will then display the "Top Apps"). Seems odd to have this show as...
  6. Start Menu messed up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu messed up: I have a laptop with many different IDs on. I log onto each ID for different work. The problem is that on some IDs the Start Menu has messed up. I get rid of all icons and add about 3 or 4 select icons to my start menu. NOW: I get what looks like the default start menu...
  7. New update messes my start menu up

in Windows 10 Support
    New update messes my start menu up: I tested to see if my menu works before I installed the new update, and it was working. After restart for the update I checked it again and it's missing. What is up with these updates that keep removing my start menu? This is getting to be a pain and to think I liked windows...
  8. Messed up start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Messed up start menu: So, I finally decided to upgrade to W10 from Windows 7, and it's cool and everything, actually liking it. The only thing that has gone wrong, is that I get this [img] (for those who don't know spanish, 'pendiente' means pending) instead of this [img] what...
  9. Screen flashes at start up menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen flashes at start up menu: After installing Windows 10 my laptop screen is flashing during thw start up menu. Some of the icons are loaded, others are not. The screen flashes constantly. I have not attempted to go into safe mode yet. My laptop met all the requirements for an upgrage so I am frustrated...
  10. Start Menu All Apps Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu All Apps Screen: This menu got screwed up... any ideas how to fix? [img] 50390