Windows 10: Home Server

Discus and support Home Server in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I don't know if this is possible or not, but I had an idea. I have multiple computers in my home. Each servers a particular purpose. Sometimes when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EchoTango86, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Home Server

I don't know if this is possible or not, but I had an idea. I have multiple computers in my home. Each servers a particular purpose. Sometimes when I am on one computer I would like to access some of the programs that are on a different computer. I was thinking it would be nice to have a central computer server that would be a computer that all the other computers clients would log into. Meaning that every time I login to a client side computer it has all the same stuff that is on any other computer. If I make changes, install a program, download a file, type a document, modify code, change my background, etc... it will automatically get updated on the server side and all the other client computers will be updated automatically as well. This would make it easier for me to manage all the computers. The benefit of my idea, is that the server computer would have all the computing power, best graphics card, high end CPU, ton of RAM, etc... While the client computers could have more mid range hardware helping to save me money. The server would do all the heavy lifting and all the other computers could essentially run any program I throw at them. At the moment I am using remote desktop to access other computers in my network, but some programs do not like remote desktop and it is not always the most reliable. You can't really game from a remote desktop. Anyway sorry for the long question, but I have no clue where to start researching my idea. Do I need to get a Windows server license? Can I assign a Windows 10 Pro computer to be my domain computer? I have no clue. If you think my idea is possible and have a route for me to take, please let me know. Thanks for the support.

:)

EchoTango86, Oct 18, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

TPU Minecraft Server

Done. Thanks for the suggestion!*Toast :toast:

newtekie1, Oct 18, 2020
  3. Barman58 Win User
    Homegroup For Minecraft Servers Or What?

It looks as if the existing minecraft server will use the new system without modification - It needs to be able to access the computers on the network in a two way link, which is the standard for Workgroup and Homegroup

There is a complete step by step available, if you have any issues ...

Tutorials/Setting up a server – Official Minecraft Wiki

It's not something I have any direct experience with but a quick read suggests to me that you will not need to do Much if any reconfiguration of the existing server

Barman58, Oct 18, 2020
  4. Home Server

Unable to connect to Google servers

There are cases that web content are blocked due to proxy server settings. We suggest that you remove the check mark on the the proxy server box, follow the steps below:

• Type Internet Options in the Ask me anything bar.
    • Click on Connections tab.
    • Click on LAN settings.
    • Remove check in Proxy server box.
    Once done, access your Google apps and check if issue persist.

Send your post to keep us updated on how the steps goes.

Darwin Dim, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

Home Server

1. Home Server - Similar Threads - Home Server

2. Win11 as a home server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 as a home server: Hello,I actually have a linux Debian server with ZFS Raid Z2 4+2 HD and I will probably change my server I have stability issues but my server has more than 11 years old. I use a VM with Win11 but it is slow compared to a VM in Hyper-v.I would like to use a storage spaces 4+2...
  3. Win11 as a home server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11 as a home server: Hello,I actually have a linux Debian server with ZFS Raid Z2 4+2 HD and I will probably change my server I have stability issues but my server has more than 11 years old. I use a VM with Win11 but it is slow compared to a VM in Hyper-v.I would like to use a storage spaces 4+2...
  4. I need help to activate Windows Home Server 2007

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help to activate Windows Home Server 2007: I have installed my WHS and cannot activate the license due to crypt32 certificate algorithm issue.i can ping webpages but cannot browse or download the cab file so that I can run windows update.all help is greatfully appreciated....
  5. I need help to activate Windows Home Server 2007

I need help to activate Windows Home Server 2007: I have installed my WHS and cannot activate the license due to crypt32 certificate algorithm issue.i can ping webpages but cannot browse or download the cab file so that I can run windows update.all help is greatfully appreciated....
  6. HOME NETWORK AND SERVER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOME NETWORK AND SERVER: how do I setup a home network? one device is windows 10 and the other is windows 10 upgraded to windows 11. the windows 11 I also want to setup as a server. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/home-network-and-server/85a71c6a-03c2-45c0-a5ce-5e7c76ad0b4d
  7. HOME NETWORK AND SERVER

HOME NETWORK AND SERVER: how do I setup a home network? one device is windows 10 and the other is windows 10 upgraded to windows 11. the windows 11 I also want to setup as a server. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/home-network-and-server/85a71c6a-03c2-45c0-a5ce-5e7c76ad0b4d
  8. I have a NAS running home server 2011. If I replace the defective motherboard with a new...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a NAS running home server 2011. If I replace the defective motherboard with a new...: I have a NAS running Windows home server 2011. The motherboard has developed a fault. If I replace the motherboard with an identical one and keeping all other components, will windows home server 2011 boot and run....
  9. I have a NAS running home server 2011. If I replace the defective motherboard with a new...

I have a NAS running home server 2011. If I replace the defective motherboard with a new...: I have a NAS running Windows home server 2011. The motherboard has developed a fault. If I replace the motherboard with an identical one and keeping all other components, will windows home server 2011 boot and run....
  10. with the printer sharing server is windows 11 home 22h2 .the client is windows 7 and...

with the printer sharing server is windows 11 home 22h2 .the client is windows 7 and...: with the printer sharing server is windows 11 home 22h2 .the client is windows 7 and windows 10 connect i get error 0x000000709 please help me...