Windows 10: Home sharing

Discus and support Home sharing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This is a basic question, I am not an expert but want to setup am homegroup to share folders and printer over a home network in windows 10. Do some one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ChristoSchutte, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Home sharing

This is a basic question, I am not an expert but want to setup am homegroup to share folders and printer over a home network in windows 10. Do some one have an easy solution to do that. I am doing a lot of photo editing with my family and want to plug in a external hard drive in one computer to be excessed by al the team member's for editing. All computers are on a WIFI network at home.

Thank you

Christo

:)

ChristoSchutte, Mar 7, 2021

2. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Mar 7, 2021
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

DTG1, Mar 7, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

Home sharing

C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

• Are you connected to Domain network?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R, type fsmgmt.msc.
    • Select Shares and right click on C$.
    • Select Stop Sharing.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

Home sharing

1. Home sharing - Similar Threads - Home sharing

2. Home Sharing could not be activated, Error 5507 in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Home Sharing could not be activated, Error 5507 in Windows 10: Apple offers a Home Sharing feature through iTunes. It allows you to share, stream, and import media from up to five computers that are connected to your home Wi-Fi network. The option is available through File > Home Sharing > Turn on Home Sharing on iTunes. It may so happen...
  3. Problem with Network Shares/Access between Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with Network Shares/Access between Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro: I have aproblem with one laptop windows 10 Pro accessing network shares on two othermachines with windows 10 Home. My problem: Laptop 1 cannotaccess any shares on Laptop 2 or the Desktop. The Desktop is asking for Windows credentials none have been set orexist. Laptop 2...
  4. Windows 10 file sharing over home private network

Windows 10 file sharing over home private network: I want to be able to access files on my office computer from my laptop. they are both on the same wifi network and I can see the others in network. When I click on the shared file I am told I do not have permission and to contact my administrator. What am I doing wrong?...
  5. How to share folders/documents on my Home Network with PCs using local accounts

How to share folders/documents on my Home Network with PCs using local accounts: Hi, I have 4 PSs on my Home Network all using local accounts. 3Pcs are running Win10 Pro PC-1, PC-2, & PC-3 and 1 runs under Win10 Home PC-4.They all have the latest version of Win 10 20H2 and all of them have beenconfigured to share files with Password protection turned...
  6. I couldn't find my window file explore [ File,Home, Share, View] options

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I couldn't find my window file explore [ File,Home, Share, View] options: submitted by /u/Yousufzain_404 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/llo48v/i_couldnt_find_my_window_file_explore_filehome/
  7. I have Windows 10 Home sharing files with myself

I have Windows 10 Home sharing files with myself: I have Windows 10 Home , which I set up long ago using Advanced Sharing rather than HomeGroup. I share files with myself when I use my laptop also Windows 10 Home. When I access the computer with the shared files, it asks for my password. That password is not my Microsoft...
  8. Shared Folder access problem from Windows 10 Home Single Language

Shared Folder access problem from Windows 10 Home Single Language: Hi ! We are IT consulting company and providing IT Services. One of my customer have facing issue i.e. Have Windows 10 Home Single PC and shared files and folders from it, Now today I am not able to access the same I had done all the require task, but problem remains...
  9. Can't access NAS drives/shares on home wifi LAN

Can't access NAS drives/shares on home wifi LAN: Please bear with me - this is a long post Recently I installed a new Synology NAS drive on my WiFi home LAN, configured as RAID1; it is seen by the router, and is deemed healthy. However, I have had great difficulty making it visible on and useful to the PCs on the LAN....
  10. Not able to share across home network Windows 10

Not able to share across home network Windows 10: I have three Windows 10 computers on my home network; two are connected by wifi and the third is connected to the router by an ethernet cable. All three of the computers can see each other on the network, but they all refuse connect to each for share folders or printers. Two...