Windows 10: Home wifi connection

Discus and support Home wifi connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Im a little confused, my home wifi connection is set to Guest/Public with network discovery off and with file and printer sharing off. Shouldn't it be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by noeyd, Mar 12, 2019.

1. noeyd Win User

Home wifi connection

Im a little confused, my home wifi connection is set to Guest/Public with network discovery off and with file and printer sharing off. Shouldn't it be set to Private instead and with what on/off for network discovery and file/printer sharing? I don't really know, but I just was looking and noticed it set as Public and thought it should be on Private instead. Before I go changing anything I thought maybe someone could let me know if the settings they way they are now are correct, or not, or if need to be changed and if so to what.

:)

noeyd, Mar 12, 2019
  2. wabbles Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Mar 12, 2019
  3. simrick Win User
    When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

Hi Wabbles and welcome to Tenforums.

I've got 4 systems connecting via wireless; all adapters are different makes; all have zero issues, and two of them are old (wireless-G only). Most every issue I have seen with wireless connections has been driver-related. (Or, impending router failure.) I would suggest identifying your adapter model/make, and searching for different drivers that you can try out. And, sometimes an older driver works better than a newer one (just had this issue on a system I was working on yesterday). Also, verify you have these same connection issues when connecting to different routers, just to rule that out.

simrick, Mar 12, 2019
  4. Home wifi connection

wifi connection problem

Hi,

To better assist you with the WiFi connection issue, please answer the following questions:

• Are your other devices able to connect to the same WiFi connection and working fine?
    • Have you tried to restart your WiFi router?
    • Which OS build version is currently running to your phone?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far?

Regards.

Gerald Mal, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

Home wifi connection

1. Home wifi connection - Similar Threads - Home wifi connection

2. BootCamp can't Connect to Home WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    BootCamp can't Connect to Home WiFi: I installed Windows 10 on my Mac via bootcamp about 3 days ago and I was trying to use WIndows on my Mac, but when I tried to connect to the internet, the message, 'Error can't connect to internet'. I tried connecting my device into my Hotspot and it worked. I have tried...
  3. BootCamp can't Connect to Home WiFi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BootCamp can't Connect to Home WiFi: I installed Windows 10 on my Mac via bootcamp about 3 days ago and I was trying to use WIndows on my Mac, but when I tried to connect to the internet, the message, 'Error can't connect to internet'. I tried connecting my device into my Hotspot and it worked. I have tried...
  4. PC can't connect to home wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC can't connect to home wifi: Hi, I've been unsuccessful connecting my PC to my new home wifi network. It seemed to work initially, but after a day it no longer is able to connect to this network. All other devices I use have had no issue connecting to the network, and I have tested my PC's connectivity...
  5. PC can't connect to home wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC can't connect to home wifi: Hi, I've been unsuccessful connecting my PC to my new home wifi network. It seemed to work initially, but after a day it no longer is able to connect to this network. All other devices I use have had no issue connecting to the network, and I have tested my PC's connectivity...
  6. WIFI no longer connects to known home wifi

WIFI no longer connects to known home wifi: BLUF: Known home wifi, connected before, but when starting up this morning, it "sees' the local wifi but refuses to connect.SURFACE PRO 3 hasn't been used for about 3 months or so. Turned it on this morning, works fine. HOWEVER, although it "sees" known wifi connections, it...
  7. Can't connect to specifically home wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't connect to specifically home wifi: I'm kind of at my wit's end here. I'm using a dell venue 11 pro 7140 and my wifi card is intel dual band - AC 7265. I came home yesterday and found that it can no longer connect to my home internet, and specifically my home internet. It hangs on "verifying and connecting"...
  8. Cannot connect to home wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot connect to home wifi: I've run through normal, basic troubleshooting steps: Restart the router (everything else in the house is still working) Turn airplane mode on and restart the laptop Tried the troubleshooting too nothing has worked, any ideas?! submitted by /u/Cinderhulk89 [link]...
  9. Notebook does not connect to home wifi

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Notebook does not connect to home wifi: This is a HP 15-d002tx notebook. Windows 7 - 64 Bit Having trouble connecting to home wifi hub. I have other devices connected to the hub and no problems there. Only had this problem today. Im not sure which driver is needed. [img] [img] [img] [img] 154770
  10. Wifi Limited (at home connection only)

Wifi Limited (at home connection only): HI, i know the title sound familiar and you would tell me to open this or that thread about ip configuration. Not that i dont want to listen to you guys, but here the situation: -i have a laptop with 2 OS, win 7 and 10 (win 10 as primary, win 7 only to play games) -i have...