Windows 10: Home wifi network disabled after Comcast security system install

Discus and support Home wifi network disabled after Comcast security system install in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just had Comcast install their home security system, including 2 cameras. Prior to that my system looked like this: An ethernet cable connected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sue & Cliff, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Home wifi network disabled after Comcast security system install

I just had Comcast install their home security system, including 2 cameras. Prior to that my system looked like this: An ethernet cable connected from desktop to the modem/router. My Ethernet connection was called ‘network 3’. My wifi was working perfectly: both laptops could talk with the desktop & with each other; the desktop could talk to both laptops. The internet worked fine.

Now to the Comcast install: the tech installed a small router connecting one end of the Ethernet cable coming from the modem to the new router and then connecting another cable from the new router to my desktop. (Essentially sticking it in between the connection I used to have). This changed my wifi status: both laptops will talk to each other but not to the desktop; the desktop will not talk with either laptop. And the Ethernet network is now called ‘network 2’. (The internet still works fine). How do I go about re-establishing my home network? I'm using Windows 10.

Thanks, cliff k

:)

Sue & Cliff, Aug 4, 2019
  2. Sooner_Al Win User

Comcast email will not sync when connected to WIFI

Can you sync Comcast email on a different WiFi network other than your home network?

I would also recommend using the preferred server port setting and SSL as noted by Comcast from a security standpoint. That's important while away from home...

Sooner_Al, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Tim P. Win User
    WiFi issue in the secured network?

Greetings hirababulogantha,

The following are troubleshooting steps I use myself whenever I get odd disconnects on any of my mobile devices that always seem to resolve this type of issue.

To turn Off/On Wifi

• Go to Settings on the phone
    • Navigate and tap Wifi
    • Flick Wifi off or on.

Remove a stored(known) network

• Go to Settings on the phone
    • Navigate and tap Wifi
    • Flick Off Wifi
    • Tap Advanced
    • Tap and hold on the university network then tap Delete.
    • Flick On Wifi
    • Tap the university network to connect to it again.
    Best Regards,

Tim P., Sep 29, 2019
  4. John Galt Win User

Home wifi network disabled after Comcast security system install

disable 2.4ghz network

First, get the computer to forget your current network:

• Click the Network icon on the lower right corner of your screen.
    • Click Network settings.
    • Click Manage Wi-Fi settings.
    • Under Manage known networks, click the network you want to delete.
    • Click Forget. The wireless network profile is deleted.

Next, go into your router and either completely disable the 2.4GHz radio or set the 2.4 and the 5G radios to different SSIDs, maybe the 2.4 can be your guest Wifi...

Then, on your computer, only join the 5Ghz SSID network.

The suggestion in the post above to just disable the SSID broadcast of the 2.4Ghz radio will probably not work, your computer will still join it.

John Galt, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

Home wifi network disabled after Comcast security system install

1. Home wifi network disabled after Comcast security system install - Similar Threads - Home wifi network

2. Home Wifi / Network issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Home Wifi / Network issue: I am finally at my wits end with my network issue. I am forever getting secured, no internet by my home wifi and a constant invalid ip configuration when running troubleshooter. I am tried every method under the sun to fix this but no prevail. My Pc will happily connect to my...
  3. Home Wifi / Network issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Home Wifi / Network issue: I am finally at my wits end with my network issue. I am forever getting secured, no internet by my home wifi and a constant invalid ip configuration when running troubleshooter. I am tried every method under the sun to fix this but no prevail. My Pc will happily connect to my...
  4. Home Wifi / Network issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Home wifi network not detected

Home wifi network not detected: I moved into a new apartment and my personal laptop with Windows 10 does not detect the wifi network. - My work laptop with Windows 10 detects and connects to the network, as do my iPhone and iPad. - My personal laptop detects other networks in the building but not mine....
  6. Home WiFi network not visible but other networks are!!!

Home WiFi network not visible but other networks are!!!: Hi all, I'm having problems with my laptop not recognising my home wifi network often. When I turn on the laptop it shows that I'm not connected to any network but it still shows multiple other networks around my area, even though the laptop is only 2 metres away from the...
  7. Home wifi network is not showing but other networks are

Home wifi network is not showing but other networks are: I just moved to a new house and I can’t find the house’s wifi network on my laptop. I can see lots of other wifi networks but not mine. I know the network is fine because I can use it on my phone and other people in the house have no issues. I also was able to connect to a...
  8. wifi networks are not visible in this system

in Windows 10 Customization
    wifi networks are not visible in this system: in my system wifi networks are not visible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-networks-are-not-visible-in-this-system/7f4a22d7-59bc-4cf8-bb29-4586af09d989
  9. Comcast

Comcast: Hello I have a gateway from Comcast which has a router within. I noticed the SSID was different so I went to the router and it was open without using my password. The set up appeared different too. I had typed 10.0...... and it opened to my account without using a password....
  10. win10 disables home wifi

win10 disables home wifi: i have 1- desktop- win10 gateway DHCP 2-laptop win10 LAN static IP 3-laptop WIN8 wifi 4- 2 phones and a tablet WIFI 5- broadcom, LAN and WIFI router 6- samsung TV- LAN static IP model LA40D55 connected by HDMI to win10 laptop(2) every time the win10 laptop(2) is on...