Windows 10: Home wifi network disconnects when PC with wired internet connection turns on.

Discus and support Home wifi network disconnects when PC with wired internet connection turns on. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I don't know if this question has been asked before or not, I have seen thread with similar issues, but not this specific one. Anyways, we have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by nadesico33, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Home wifi network disconnects when PC with wired internet connection turns on.

I don't know if this question has been asked before or not, I have seen thread with similar issues, but not this specific one.

Anyways, we have a home network consisting of 2 Windows 10 PCs with wired ethernet connections, and an assortment of wireless devices phones, tablets, consoles, smart TV boxes. While both PCs have been switched out within the last year, the basic network map has been unchanged for probably 5+ years. Shortly after the big freeze that happened mid to late January 2021, we started having an issue where the wifi network would randomly drop all devices, while the two wired PCs kept their connections just fine. I have had limited time to troubleshoot the issue, as it did not at first seem to occur in any set or repeatable pattern. Multiple fixes were tried, including power cycling and resetting all network equipment ISP provided modem and owned 4port wifi router, replacing said router with a newer model, and removing wifi range extenders.

Only recently we've been able to track the issue to the second wired PC on the network. Short version, when this specific PC is powered on and connected to the internet, ALL wifi devices on the network are immediately knocked offline, and they all come back online as soon as this PC is turned off.

Troubleshooting so far has including performing Windows Update, trying to update the network drivers, and running a full virus scan.

I'm only an amateur PC guy, and this is well above my knowledge base and any help would be appreciated.

:)

nadesico33, Apr 1, 2021
  2. Kari Win User

Connect and Disconnect internet

I just need to click the network icon in notification area, select my WiFi network and click Connect / Disconnect:

Home wifi network disconnects when PC with wired internet connection turns on. [​IMG]

Selecting Connect automatically I don't have to enter the network security key manually:

Home wifi network disconnects when PC with wired internet connection turns on. [​IMG]

Kari, Apr 1, 2021
  3. Can not connect to wired network and wifi at the same time.

I have a Windows 7 box I'm working with.

There is a wired local network which provides access to a network hard drive and printer.

There is a wireless network that provides access to the internet.

The system had been working fine.

Problem now is that the wifi will find the router, but not connect to the internet.

Now when the wired network is plugged in the wifi will connect to the router, but not provide internet access.

If I unplug the wired network the wifi connects to the internet normally.

Windows Network Diagnostics is unable to provide any solution or possible cause.

One thing that comes to mind is a problem with the network card (which is build into the motherboard).

Another idea that comes to mind is that the computer is attempting to get internet access from the wired connection and when that fails it is not going to the wifi connection. Is there a way to tell Windows to only look for internet access via the wifi?

I followed the process here:

How to change the network connection priority in Windows 7

Moving the wifi network connection to the top of the list. Wired to the bottom.

Is there any thing I should be looking at in the software or settings? Thanks.

Skippy Smith, Apr 1, 2021
  4. WhyMe Win User

Home wifi network disconnects when PC with wired internet connection turns on.

WiFi Internet Keeps Disconnecting

Hi Gerry Atric and welcome to the forum.Home wifi network disconnects when PC with wired internet connection turns on. :)

lol *Biggrin

Don't know if you have tried this, but this is my suggestion:

Settings >Network & Internet > Wi-Fi > Manage Wi-Fi Settings
    Go to the settings under the Wi-Fi Sense heading
    Turn off "Connect to suggested open hotspots"
    and/or
    Turn off "Connect to networks shared by my friends"

WhyMe, Apr 1, 2021
Thema:

Home wifi network disconnects when PC with wired internet connection turns on.

1. Home wifi network disconnects when PC with wired internet connection turns on. - Similar Threads - Home wifi network

2. No WIFI in Network & Internet or Network Connections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No WIFI in Network & Internet or Network Connections: I continue to have this problem and nothing I’ve been able to find has helped. It worked once by resetting the computer to an earlier date, but it didn’t work this time. The wifi driver says it has an issue, but that the current driver is the most recent update. If anyone...
  3. No WIFI in Network & Internet or Network Connections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No WIFI in Network & Internet or Network Connections: I continue to have this problem and nothing I’ve been able to find has helped. It worked once by resetting the computer to an earlier date, but it didn’t work this time. The wifi driver says it has an issue, but that the current driver is the most recent update. If anyone...
  4. Win10 disconnects WIFI when internet connection is gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 disconnects WIFI when internet connection is gone: I have this issue for months or even a year or so now, that Windows 10 always will disconnect the Wifi connection, whenever the WAN has connections issues, for example DNS is unreachable. This seems like a bug to me, I dont think this behavior was present some years ago in...
  5. Wifi disconnects when internet connection drops

Wifi disconnects when internet connection drops: Hi I have a Samsung Note 9 which I use as a mobile hotspot When I connect my Surface Pro 6 to the wifi it works absolutely fine. I mostly use it on the train. When the train goes through a long tunnel or area with no signal, the internet connection is lost. Windows senses...
  6. how to allow connection to wifi (internet) but not home network

how to allow connection to wifi (internet) but not home network: Hello guys, I need some help to setup my network. Best way is to explain my situation so you can understand what exactly is going on! I live in a building and have two separate small units located side by side. The are small and my wifi covers both apartments. In the...
  7. WiFi Keeps Turning Off/Disconnecting From Home Network

WiFi Keeps Turning Off/Disconnecting From Home Network: I am reaching a frustrating and maddening breaking point. My WiFi continually disconnects itself (i.e. turns off) from my home network nearly every 10 seconds. The WiFi does not do this with every network I connect to, but it will not stay turned on at home. I'm rather...
  8. Wired Network continually connects and disconnects

Wired Network continually connects and disconnects: So I just got back from a vacation today and my computer refuses to let me stay on my network. The network itself is fine as I have 2 other computers that are using it as I type this. I've never had a problem like this before and I've been using this computer for a couple...
  9. Connecting/Disconnecting WiFi networks turns WiFi off in W10 FCU

Connecting/Disconnecting WiFi networks turns WiFi off in W10 FCU: Running Windows 10 x64 Home Edition Fall Creators Update with the latest updates on a ASUS G74SX-3DE notebook using the latest drivers for Intel 7260-AC Mini-PCIe 802.11ac WiFi + Bluetooth adapter. Prior to Fall Creators Update, everything is working fine. However with Fall...
  10. Wifi network disconnects when wired network is attached

Wifi network disconnects when wired network is attached: Hi, I am currently struggling with the following problem: I have a Windows 10 Pro computer that has wired internet connection to the office network. And on top of that I need the computer to ALSO connect to my Sonoff Relay (ESP8266 Soft Access Point) over WiFi. So I...