Windows 10: Home wifi network is not showing but other networks are

Discus and support Home wifi network is not showing but other networks are in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just moved to a new house and I can’t find the house’s wifi network on my laptop. I can see lots of other wifi networks but not mine. I know the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MaggieR18, Aug 11, 2019.

1. MaggieR18 Win User

Home wifi network is not showing but other networks are

I just moved to a new house and I can’t find the house’s wifi network on my laptop. I can see lots of other wifi networks but not mine. I know the network is fine because I can use it on my phone and other people in the house have no issues. I also was able to connect to a hotel wifi network on my laptop last night so it doesn’t seem to have any general issues connecting.

I have already tried disabling the adapter, manually connecting, and resetting network settings but nothing has changed. Is there anything left to try besides taking my laptop to a technician???

:)

MaggieR18, Aug 11, 2019
  2. pewe Win User

Wifi Networks not showing

On my Laptop if I wanted to change the wifi connection I would always see a list of the available networks when I selected the Wifi icon on the task bar.
    Since the last major update to Windows 10 I find that when I select the wifi icon I only see the current connection

Home wifi network is not showing but other networks are [​IMG]

To see other networks within range I have to open the 'Network settings' and choose 'Show available networks' - then they show up.

Home wifi network is not showing but other networks are [​IMG]

Does anyone have any explanation for this - or possibly a 'fix' to show them all from the taskbar again.

3. Cyclelegs Win User
    Available Networks Not Showing

My list of available wifi networks has suddenly stopped showing in windows 10. The list of networks is not showing when I click the system wifi icon in the notification bar. The list of networks does not show using 'show available networks' in Windows
    Settings. Windows Settings will crash if I go to the WiFi page and select 'Manage Known Networks'.

I am connected to the internet using my normal WiFi. I created a wlan report. It seems to show that the wlan is working fine. I can list the available networks using the cmd line 'netsh wlan show networks'. They all show up as they should.

So, it appears the hardware is working but some windows module has stopped working and providing the list of available networks.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Cyclelegs, Aug 11, 2019
  4. Home wifi network is not showing but other networks are

Broadcast WIFI Network Not Showing Up in Network List

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I like to know; are you’re able to view the WIFI network, when you scan for the available network?

I suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run network troubleshooter.

1) Press Windows key + x key and select Control panel.

2) Select Troubleshooting.

3) Select Network and Internet, click Internet Connections.

4) Follow the on screen instructions.

Method 2: Update network driver.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + x, select
      Device Manager.

• Right click the Network Adapter drivers.

• Select Update driver software

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

Home wifi network is not showing but other networks are

1. Home wifi network is not showing but other networks are - Similar Threads - Home wifi network

2. WIFI Network Not Showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIFI Network Not Showing: Some Time It Works When Restart Computer But For Limited Time ANd Also When I Trouble Shoot WIFI It Works For Limited Time What Is The Problem? How Can I FIx It? Getting Worse Every Day...
  3. WIFI Network Not Showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIFI Network Not Showing: Some Time It Works When Restart Computer But For Limited Time ANd Also When I Trouble Shoot WIFI It Works For Limited Time What Is The Problem? How Can I FIx It? Getting Worse Every Day...
  4. network view doesn't show the other device on the WiFi network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network view doesn't show the other device on the WiFi network: I'm using home WiFi to connect to two devices: a Dell desktop PC PC, a Microsoft Surface Book SB. One of the files that I want to share is the KeePass password manager database. It uses a "trigger" mechanism to synchronize changes to the database. I initially tried using...
  5. Windows doesn't show me wifi network name but it shows other networks.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows doesn't show me wifi network name but it shows other networks.: I did rest the network adapter 3 times. My phone and VM shows and connects to it but not windows (main OS) submitted by /u/mapel_pizza [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hd5gvb/windows_doesnt_show_me_wifi_network_name_but_it/
  6. Home WiFi network not visible but other networks are!!!

Home WiFi network not visible but other networks are!!!: Hi all, I'm having problems with my laptop not recognising my home wifi network often. When I turn on the laptop it shows that I'm not connected to any network but it still shows multiple other networks around my area, even though the laptop is only 2 metres away from the...
  7. my home wifi network won't show up on the available networks but all other devices can see it

my home wifi network won't show up on the available networks but all other devices can see it: I have read all the previous fixes and tried them all. Still same problem. Any fixes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-home-wifi-network-wont-show-up-on-the-available/52808eef-06a2-4c46-ba34-f3c1c5b1bf72
  8. My Wifi Network not showing up when others are

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Wifi Network not showing up when others are: I recently got a new desktop computer and have installed Windows 10 with all the new updates. I put an external wifi adapter into the USB port and it downloaded all the drivers. I checked to see if you could update anymore drivers and they are all up to date. The problem I...
  9. Other WiFi networks

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Other WiFi networks: How do I remove the unknown visible WiFi networks? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/other-wifi-networks/4f99edfb-10b6-467f-9a43-fd0914da5598"
  10. Wifi Networks not showing

Wifi Networks not showing: On my Laptop if I wanted to change the wifi connection I would always see a list of the available networks when I selected the Wifi icon on the task bar. Since the last major update to Windows 10 I find that when I select the wifi icon I only see the current connection...