Windows 10: Home wifi network not detected

Discus and support Home wifi network not detected in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I moved into a new apartment and my personal laptop with Windows 10 does not detect the wifi network. - My work laptop with Windows 10 detects and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Slantz999, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Slantz999 Win User

Home wifi network not detected

I moved into a new apartment and my personal laptop with Windows 10 does not detect the wifi network.

- My work laptop with Windows 10 detects and connects to the network, as do my iPhone and iPad.

- My personal laptop detects other networks in the building but not mine. The drivers on this laptop are up to date and were last updated at least a year prior to my move. This laptop has no problem connecting to the public networks it detects.

Does anyone know where the problem might be? I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks!

:)

Slantz999, Aug 30, 2020
  2. Jansson9 Win User

Delay in wifi network detection

For the last couple of days there has been a delay on detecting any wifi networks when my laptop is woken from sleep. Connects fine once it sees the network and detects and connects perfectly well when fisrt switched on.

I have tried updating the driver, and also turning off power saving mode on the wifi and have run MS security scanner. Nothing detected and using the network adapter troubleshooter detects no issues. Other devices connect fine.

Any suggestions?

Jansson9, Aug 30, 2020
  3. WiFi networks not being detected.

Hi Vignesh,

In most cases, this issue could have happened due to hardware or software failure. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps provided in this

article
    . This will give you troubleshooting that resolves an issue with the network connection.

If the error still occurs, we suggest that you uninstall your network adapter. You can follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows Key + X and choose Device Manager from the list.
    • When Device Manager starts, locate your network adapter and right click it.
    • Choose Uninstall. If asked, check “Delete the driver software for this device” and click OK.
    • After the driver has been uninstalled, restart your computer and Windows 10 will automatically install the new driver.

To update your network adapter drivers, you’ll need a computer or any other device with working internet connection. Now you just need to visit the website of your network adapter manufacturer and download latest drivers for your network adapter.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

If you think this was helpful, do not hesitate to "mark it as answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Anthony Gal, Aug 30, 2020
  4. Home wifi network not detected

WiFi networks not being detected.

Hey,

Thanks for the reply. I tried the steps you listed above, unfortunately it was to no avail as the problem still lingers.

Just to make it clear wifi was working normally up and until a month ago, then all of a sudden it stopped. I have fiddled around with power management settings, network adapter settings but still I am not able find a solution.

VigneshDev, Aug 30, 2020
Thema:

Home wifi network not detected

1. Home wifi network not detected - Similar Threads - Home wifi network

2. Windows not detecting WIFI networks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not detecting WIFI networks: Hi!My computer crashed on the ground a day ago and after that, I couldn't use the headphone port as well as being able to connect to any WIFI network. Sometimes a WIFI network is appearing but instantly disappearing again. I wonder if something is broken. I checked into...
  3. Windows not detecting WIFI networks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not detecting WIFI networks: Hi!My computer crashed on the ground a day ago and after that, I couldn't use the headphone port as well as being able to connect to any WIFI network. Sometimes a WIFI network is appearing but instantly disappearing again. I wonder if something is broken. I checked into...
  4. Windows not detecting WIFI networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. network adapter/wifi networks not being detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    network adapter/wifi networks not being detected: Since putting together a computer a few weeks ago, Windows 10 has been, for some reason, unable to detect the network adapter that I have installed/connected and WiFi networks not showing despite booting into Manjaro and networks successfully showing up there the computer is...
  6. network adapter/wifi networks not being detected

network adapter/wifi networks not being detected: Since putting together a computer a few weeks ago, Windows 10 has been, for some reason, unable to detect the network adapter that I have installed/connected and WiFi networks not showing despite booting into Manjaro and networks successfully showing up there the computer is...
  7. network adapter/wifi networks not being detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Home Wifi / Network issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Home Wifi / Network issue: I am finally at my wits end with my network issue. I am forever getting secured, no internet by my home wifi and a constant invalid ip configuration when running troubleshooter. I am tried every method under the sun to fix this but no prevail. My Pc will happily connect to my...
  9. Home Wifi / Network issue

Home Wifi / Network issue: I am finally at my wits end with my network issue. I am forever getting secured, no internet by my home wifi and a constant invalid ip configuration when running troubleshooter. I am tried every method under the sun to fix this but no prevail. My Pc will happily connect to my...
  10. Delay in wifi network detection

Delay in wifi network detection: For the last couple of days there has been a delay on detecting any wifi networks when my laptop is woken from sleep. Connects fine once it sees the network and detects and connects perfectly well when fisrt switched on. I have tried updating the driver, and also turning off...