Windows 10: Home WiFi network not visible but other networks are!!!

Discus and support Home WiFi network not visible but other networks are!!! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm having problems with my laptop not recognising my home wifi network often. When I turn on the laptop it shows that I'm not connected to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ItsMePaulyG, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Home WiFi network not visible but other networks are!!!

Hi all,

I'm having problems with my laptop not recognising my home wifi network often. When I turn on the laptop it shows that I'm not connected to any network but it still shows multiple other networks around my area, even though the laptop is only 2 metres away from the router. It will pick up my neighbours' wifi network every time, but not my own which is very weird. I constantly have to disable and enable the network adaptor and 9/10 times it will then pick up my network. When I use my phones hotspot or an ethernet cable to connect the laptop it will then pick up the home network. Mind you, all of my other devices are constantly connected to my home network all the time and they never have a problem in detecting and connecting to this network. When I finally am able to connect the laptop to my network, it will often disconnect and disappear from the network list even though all my other devices are still connected to it. I have also replaced the wifi network card with a brand new one but I'm still having the same problem so I assume it may be a Windows 10 issue. Restarting the router or laptop has no effect. As you can understand this is very annoying. Currently running Windows 10 v1909 b18363.720 on Dell Inspiron laptop. Hopefully, someone can help as I'm not well versed on fixing these types of issues. Thanks in advance and apologies if this topic has already been posted.

Cheers Paul.

:)

ItsMePaulyG, Mar 31, 2020
  2. bloggsy Win User

Wifi no longer visible to some but not all devices...

Hi folks

my pc - windows 10 - my home wifi network visible and connects fine
    my work pc - windows 10 - my home wifi network visible and connects fine
    girlfriends pc - windows 10 - my home wifi network is not visible from the wifi list so cannot connect to my home wifi network
    girlfriends phone - android - my home wifi network visible and connects fine
    my phone - android - my home wifi network is not visible from the wifi list so cannot connect to my home wifi network

all of the above were working fine with visibility to my home network until about 2 days ago... just to be clear this is one single network...

any ideas on the likely cause and solution would be appreciated...

bloggsy, Mar 31, 2020
  3. wifi networks are not visible in this system

in my system wifi networks are not visible

NandaSai_402, Mar 31, 2020
  4. Ms_Smith Win User

Home WiFi network not visible but other networks are!!!

Wifi not visible at all in Network/Internet Settings...No connections available

Soon after replacing my laptop battery, I have totally lost the ability to even detect an available wifi connection on my home network. My other computer, my kindle, & phones all work fine. Im using an HP ENVY running Windows 10.

I have tried:

Removing said battery (if its even the problem idk...) waiting 10 mins replacing & rebooting

running all factory troubleshooters- (says plug in ethernet cable)

updating drivers (says i have the latest)

command prompt ping (sent 4 signals none lost)

screwing around with power settings

device manager enabling/disabling network adapters

restarting router

system restore (unsuccessful)

I am comparing the network adapters from the computer that has wifi working with the ENVY computer that does not have wifi working in Device Manager & have noticed differences.

HP ENVY Computer (no wifi abilities) network adapters listed like this:

Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter

Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #5 --GREYED OUT only visible in hidden view

Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #6--GREYED OUT only visible in hidden view

Ralink RT5390R 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter--GREYED OUT only visible in hidden view

Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

Unaffected Computer with wifi network adapters listed like this:

Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless- AC 3168

Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

Anyone with suggestions on how to proceed and what to try next? Thanks in advance if someone tries to be of assistance.

Ms_Smith, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

Home WiFi network not visible but other networks are!!!

1. Home WiFi network not visible but other networks are!!! - Similar Threads - Home WiFi network

2. Network not visible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network not visible: So, unc paths are not resolving anymore. Just started happening.Windows 11EG: \\server\share will not show anything.Other machines can see the share just fine. Quite a problem happening on the Admins computer.any suggestions ?NOTE: Most of the suggestions have already been...
  3. Printer suddenly not visible to others on network.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer suddenly not visible to others on network.: Our office uses a Konica Minolta Bizhub printer they've been no help that is wired directly to our network. My computer is able to print and save documents to the User Boxes within the printer, but nobody else connected to our network can. Sometimes the printer won't even add...
  4. Printer suddenly not visible to others on network.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer suddenly not visible to others on network.: Our office uses a Konica Minolta Bizhub printer they've been no help that is wired directly to our network. My computer is able to print and save documents to the User Boxes within the printer, but nobody else connected to our network can. Sometimes the printer won't even add...
  5. Printer suddenly not visible to others on network.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Home network visibility issue.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Home network visibility issue.: HelloRecently got a new laptop. Works very well but does not see other devices on my home network. It only sees itself.All parameters are the same on my 3 computers. Network discovery on.Private on.Share files and printers on.The WiFi and Ethernet drivers work...
  7. Home network not visible on the available network lists for wifi

Home network not visible on the available network lists for wifi: Just installed a new router. I'm using windows 10. When I click on show available networks mine does not show up. This is only applicable for this laptop. It does connect to the router using an ethernet cord and the laptop shows many networks out there, just not mine. I...
  8. Home wifi network is not showing but other networks are

Home wifi network is not showing but other networks are: I just moved to a new house and I can’t find the house’s wifi network on my laptop. I can see lots of other wifi networks but not mine. I know the network is fine because I can use it on my phone and other people in the house have no issues. I also was able to connect to a...
  9. Other WiFi networks

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Other WiFi networks: How do I remove the unknown visible WiFi networks? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/other-wifi-networks/4f99edfb-10b6-467f-9a43-fd0914da5598"
  10. wifi networks are not visible in this system

in Windows 10 Customization
    wifi networks are not visible in this system: in my system wifi networks are not visible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-networks-are-not-visible-in-this-system/7f4a22d7-59bc-4cf8-bb29-4586af09d989