Windows 10: Home wifi on desktop issue

Discus and support Home wifi on desktop issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm having trouble connecting to my home wifi network on our desktop. It was connecting a few days ago, but today it didn't. However, phones and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SidneyCasai, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Home wifi on desktop issue

I'm having trouble connecting to my home wifi network on our desktop. It was connecting a few days ago, but today it didn't. However, phones and laptops connect fine. The desktop is able to pull up our home wifi network and several others, but when we try to connect it says "can't connect to this network", so I ran the trouble shooter. It said two things "You have no preferred wireless networks" and " a network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken" ... I checked the wifi sticks that came with the desktop to enable it for wifi use and they're both fine. I tried to set up a preferred wireless network, but I keep getting the "can't connect to the network" issue, so I went to the preferred wireless network settings to try to have it forget the wireless network and try reconnecting to it, but the network wasn't there in fact it was completely empty. I tried adding it manually and am still getting the same warning in the trouble shooter. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the network drivers.

:)

SidneyCasai, Feb 8, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Feb 8, 2019
  3. karyeowl Win User
    Laptops cannot access desktops via WIFI

I have 3 desktops (all on Windows 10 1803) connected on my LAN. After following this forum for some times and did all the steps as suggested by forum member, access denied, all my desktops are able to view and access one another. I have a printer connected to PC1, and managed to connect all the other 2 PCs to have the shared printer.

I also have 2 more laptops (both Asus with the same Windows 10 1803) connected via WIFI. Performed all the same steps as per the desktops, but I was not able to access PC1. I was able to view all the 3 desktops from the file explorer, but I just can't access all the desktops. However, I was able to access the Asus laptops from desktop PC1.

Anyone able to assist on this matter? Any assistance is highly appreciated.

karyeowl, Feb 8, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Home wifi on desktop issue

wifi issues

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X.

• Select Device manager

• Next select ‘Network Adapters’ and under it, you will find a Wi-Fi controller listed. Select it.

• Double-click the controller to open the adapter’s Property window and switch to ‘Drivers’ tab

• Next, click the ‘Disable’ button and hit ‘Ok’ to apply the changes. See if it helps

Method 2 : Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue
    is with your internet.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter
    Method 3.

Try updating the Network Adapter drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the Network Adapter drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand Network Adapter.

c. Right-click on the Ethernet and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

Home wifi on desktop issue

1. Home wifi on desktop issue - Similar Threads - Home wifi desktop

2. Home Wifi / Network issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Home Wifi / Network issue: I am finally at my wits end with my network issue. I am forever getting secured, no internet by my home wifi and a constant invalid ip configuration when running troubleshooter. I am tried every method under the sun to fix this but no prevail. My Pc will happily connect to my...
  3. Home Wifi / Network issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Home Wifi / Network issue: I am finally at my wits end with my network issue. I am forever getting secured, no internet by my home wifi and a constant invalid ip configuration when running troubleshooter. I am tried every method under the sun to fix this but no prevail. My Pc will happily connect to my...
  4. Home Wifi / Network issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 11 Home Screen Multi-Desktop Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home Screen Multi-Desktop Issue: Firstly, I don't recall having this problem after installing Windows 11. This is kind of difficult to explain. While I am using software, or playing a PC game, or any activity that I perform on my PC and is at full screen, and when I mouse over the lower center area of the...
  6. Windows 11 Home Screen Multi-Desktop Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Home Screen Multi-Desktop Issue: Firstly, I don't recall having this problem after installing Windows 11. This is kind of difficult to explain. While I am using software, or playing a PC game, or any activity that I perform on my PC and is at full screen, and when I mouse over the lower center area of the...
  7. no home network connection between wifi laptop and cable desktop

no home network connection between wifi laptop and cable desktop: I have a HP desktop that has a private network set up, and it's connected to the router via cable. I also have a Dell laptop with a private network set up, and it's connected to the router via Wifi. Both are running Windows 10. However neither can "see" the other's...
  8. 10 Home Wi-Fi issue on older desktop

10 Home Wi-Fi issue on older desktop: Hi guys, Just registered, been on the 7 forums for a while. I've just installed 10 Home on a desktop I built ages ago and gave to my mother (it was running XP and the time has come etc) and I can't for the life of me get the Wi-Fi working. The mobo does not have built in...
  9. Wifi issue specific to my laptop and home wifi

Wifi issue specific to my laptop and home wifi: I have issues connecting my Laptop to the Wifi router in my house, however, there are no issues connecting to other routers? You would therefore assume that the issue lies with the router at my house. However, every other device and laptop connects to the router at my house...
  10. Windows 10 Wifi Issue on home wireless routers

Windows 10 Wifi Issue on home wireless routers: I have an HP Spectre x360 laptop that was purchased with Windows 10 approximately 3 months ago. For the first several weeks I had no issues connecting to the internet using my home wireless router. Then something went wrong because now I am having issues connecting to the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. would wifi be desktop issue