Windows 10: Home WiFi works really bad only on my laptop

Discus and support Home WiFi works really bad only on my laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I recently started having a problem with my laptop. Whenever I connect it to my home WiFi, internet goes really slow. It says it's connected to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gnottino90, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Home WiFi works really bad only on my laptop

Hi,
    I recently started having a problem with my laptop.
    Whenever I connect it to my home WiFi, internet goes really slow. It says it's connected to the router and has a good signal, but nothing works. Browsers, apps, I can't even load a page. The weirdest thing is that if I disconnect and reconnect the WiFi, internet works for like 1 minute and then it stops working (but the signal of the WiFi still looks good). Also, if I connect to any other WiFi, they work fine.
    I've waited for some days before posting this and it didn't get any better.
    I have a HP laptop with original Windows 10 installed.

Does anyone know what to do?

Thank you!

:)

Gnottino90, Jun 15, 2017
  2. Saem Win User

Nokia Lumia 920 - wifi issues - any suggestions?

I have similar issues as well. It's mostly fine at home, but at university, it's really intermittent. I can't have a Skype conversation for even a couple of minutes on WiFi. It disconnects, bad quality, etc. Same with viber, video streaming, and other
    services. However, if I turn off the Wifi and use the LTE everything is really nice and smooth. I have a lumia 920. My other devices work fine with the wifi network here at UBC, I have a windows 8 tablet, windows 8 laptop and used to have Lumia 900 and Samsung
    Focus. All of which worked fine.

3. Nokia Lumia 530 cant connect with Wifi

Thanku Vishal for your response . I tried to change language and region with no luck.

The fact is , two of my laptops connects well @ home wifi and even the same phone works fine @ office wifi . only problem is phone is not working with home wifi . so looks peculiar .

Cheers

Kabi

BirendraKabisatpathy, Jun 15, 2017
  4. Home WiFi works really bad only on my laptop

Hi Gnottino90.

First thing I would do is power reset your router. Power off, count to 25, power on.

You may be experiencing interference at your home. Not sure your exact circumstances but where I live I can see so many networks its hard to count. Maybe a neighbour just got a fancy new (powerful) device.

To be sure we are not dealing with network interference at a command prompt(admin) type

Netsh wlan show all
    (produces report on wireless. Once output is produced, click in command window, then Crtl + A, then open Notepad and Crtl + C to paste. Save and close text file. Post text file.)

It could be something as simple as disabling IPv6. In this link there is a link to disable and to re-enable.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...nts-in-windows

You didn't say what kind of network adapter you have or what kind of router you have. Dual band routers are great, the 5GHz band moves lots of data but isn't great for distances. In these situation you can connect to the 2.4GHz.

If you would mind running the report and posting members can have a look.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 16, 2017
Thema:

Home WiFi works really bad only on my laptop

1. Home WiFi works really bad only on my laptop - Similar Threads - Home WiFi works

2. Why is wifi only bad for my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is wifi only bad for my laptop?: Why is wifi only bad for me laptop?it's an acer nitro 5 an517-55 with an intel core i7 12650H, rtx 4050 Killer WiFi 6E, i bought this not too long ago and it's wifi performance compared to other devices is horrible, i use windows 11 as it came with it, it's been like this for...
  3. Why is wifi only bad for my laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is wifi only bad for my laptop?: Why is wifi only bad for me laptop?it's an acer nitro 5 an517-55 with an intel core i7 12650H, rtx 4050 Killer WiFi 6E, i bought this not too long ago and it's wifi performance compared to other devices is horrible, i use windows 11 as it came with it, it's been like this for...
  4. Windows 8 Internet is really bad/doesnt work only on laptop DNS issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 8 Internet is really bad/doesnt work only on laptop DNS issue?: Hello.My moms laptop keeps doing this thing where the internet will randomly cut out, but the wifi is still connected. Often times it will literally say "internet access" yet it doesnt let you go on any websites it does say No Internet Access sometimes too, its pretty 50/50....
  5. Windows 8 Internet is really bad/doesnt work only on laptop DNS issue?

Windows 8 Internet is really bad/doesnt work only on laptop DNS issue?: Hello.My moms laptop keeps doing this thing where the internet will randomly cut out, but the wifi is still connected. Often times it will literally say "internet access" yet it doesnt let you go on any websites it does say No Internet Access sometimes too, its pretty 50/50....
  6. bad wifi on pc only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bad wifi on pc only: I don't have the best wifi but it works fine in all rooms on all devices except my pc, which drops out every few minutes and has many lag spikes. Webpages will not load for about a minute every now and then and then if I try to play an online game i get a spike of 200-700...
  7. bad wifi on pc only

bad wifi on pc only: I don't have the best wifi but it works fine in all rooms on all devices except my pc, which drops out every few minutes and has many lag spikes. Webpages will not load for about a minute every now and then and then if I try to play an online game i get a spike of 200-700...
  8. bad wifi on pc only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. REally bad wifi reception on my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    REally bad wifi reception on my laptop: Hi everyone I'm in an airbnb in Italy and we have wifi. My husband accesses the wifi no problems with his Mac yet my Dell laptop with Windows 10 just can't hang onto the connection and keeps dropping out. I have to hotspot the laptop through my phone data and even that is...
  10. My WiFi connection is really bad on my computer HELP!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My WiFi connection is really bad on my computer HELP!: My friend needs help with his slow WiFi connection on his pc. He recently bought a new NZXT pc and his connection to his WiFi is really slow. He has good WiFi but he is always lagging in games. Reaching 500-3000 ping most of the time. He can’t connect to the internet through...