Windows 10: Home working - Restrict network access to PC

Discus and support Home working - Restrict network access to PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I've got a site to site VPN used to connect me with the office which is done via my router. This has a rule set to route traffic to one PC. How do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TomT, Mar 28, 2020.

1. TomT Win User

Home working - Restrict network access to PC

Hi
    I've got a site to site VPN used to connect me with the office which is done via my router.

This has a rule set to route traffic to one PC.
    How do ensure that no one in the office is able to log into my pc or access any shares on my PC ?

The VPN is only for me to access the office not the other way around.

Thanks

:)

2. Restricting Networking Access

I have two Pcs let A & B. Both are connected through LAN and both are having Windows 10 installed. In both the computer there are two accounts viz. Administrator and Guest. I have restricted the access of Guests in Administrator Account. Now I want to
    restrict the access of Guests of Computer A to the files of Computer B via network and vice versa. The drives of both the computers are shared to everyone. How can I restrict the access of other computer's guest account? Please help.

SUDIPTASINHA, Mar 28, 2020
  3. Restrict Network Drive Access to User

Hi Beach,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there network discovery option is enabled on the computer.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "kids have a local account", is the child account configured as standard user account on the computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to hide the network discovery of the computer in the shared network.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type "HomeGroup" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Then click on Change Advanced sharing settings.

4. Expand Private.

5. Turn off network discovery.

5. Expand Guest or Public.

6. Then turn off network discovery
    option.

7. Click on Save changes button.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with restricting network drives to the child account, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Mar 28, 2020
  4. Home working - Restrict network access to PC

Error: Windows cannot access \\PC-Name, you do not have permission to access this pc. Contact your network administrator to request access, while trying to access one PC from another over network

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while accessing one PC from another PC over the network. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. Are the entire PC’s running Windows 10 1809 build version?
    2. Have you tried accessing the PC using IP address of the PC?
    3. Are the PC’s connected to domain network?

I certainly appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue by performing certain troubleshooting steps.

However, I would suggest you to refer the suggestions by

Roohi_Taj
    replied on January 8, 2019 and see if that helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

Home working - Restrict network access to PC

1. Home working - Restrict network access to PC - Similar Threads - Home working Restrict

2. Network access to files on a Windows 11 Home PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network access to files on a Windows 11 Home PC.: I just added a Windows 11 Home PC to my home network and want to access its files from other older PCs on that same network. When I try to have File Explorer on another PC open files on the new PC, I am presented with a login popup that asks for username and password. It does...
  3. Network access to files on a Windows 11 Home PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network access to files on a Windows 11 Home PC.: I just added a Windows 11 Home PC to my home network and want to access its files from other older PCs on that same network. When I try to have File Explorer on another PC open files on the new PC, I am presented with a login popup that asks for username and password. It does...
  4. Unable to access networked PC on home network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access networked PC on home network: I have 2 PC’s with Windows 10 on a home network, hardwired to the router. Despite configuring my home network to share files and configuring my antiviral program to private network and full trust on both PC’s, I cannot access the other PC on the network from either PC.When I...
  5. Unable to access networked PC on home network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access networked PC on home network: I have 2 PC’s with Windows 10 on a home network, hardwired to the router. Despite configuring my home network to share files and configuring my antiviral program to private network and full trust on both PC’s, I cannot access the other PC on the network from either PC.When I...
  6. Unable to access networked PC on home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Home Network Access and Permission

Home Network Access and Permission: I justpurchase a Dell Inspiron 6706 Laptop but have problem getting access to othercomputers on my Home network. On thatHome Network I also have a Dell XPX 8930 and a HP Laptop. All three machinesare running on Windows 10 latest version 10.0.1942 Build 1942. The issue:...
  8. Restricting Networking Access

Restricting Networking Access: I have two Pcs let A & B. Both are connected through LAN and both are having Windows 10 installed. In both the computer there are two accounts viz. Administrator and Guest. I have restricted the access of Guests in Administrator Account. Now I want to restrict the access of...
  9. Accessing other pc's on home network.

Accessing other pc's on home network.: I have 2 pc's running windows 10 pro, on my main pc File Explorer shows my 2 pc's in network but I can't connect with my second pc everytime, it always shows in file explorer but 95% of the time I get an error message, , Error code: 0x80070035 The network path was not found,...
  10. Can't access my Home PC on the network.

Can't access my Home PC on the network.: Frustrated. As of yesterday, I am getting an error when I try to access my home PC from my android phone - login failure. unknown username or bad password. I use my Hotmail account as my username. I did this, because Microsoft insisted. I can login fine to my Hotmail...