Windows 10: Homegroup, a valued feature of windows is now not available on Windows 10. What is up with...

Discus and support Homegroup, a valued feature of windows is now not available on Windows 10. What is up with... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; As the subject line suggests, this is a real goof! Will "Homegroup" ever be reinstated?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RICHARDsabino, May 4, 2021.

1. Homegroup, a valued feature of windows is now not available on Windows 10. What is up with...

As the subject line suggests, this is a real goof! Will "Homegroup" ever be reinstated?

:)

RICHARDsabino, May 4, 2021
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, May 4, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 4, 2021
  4. Homegroup, a valued feature of windows is now not available on Windows 10. What is up with...

2017 windows 10 Creator update damaged Homegroup

Hello,
    My name is Daniel and I am having issues with the HOMEGROUP ever since the big update that came at the end of spring for windows 10.

First, my system is as follows:
    there are 4 computers:
    3 windows 10, 64 bits computers Home Edition, hardwired to the modem directly.
    1 laptop windows 10 Home edition, connected wirelessly.

The problem that I have is as follows:
    I have been using "Homegroup" for the past 3 years or so, and it always worked very well.
    But ever since the "Creator's update" released either in April or may 2017, the Homegroup feature is broken.

My main computer which was the one who started the "Homegroup" got updated first, and after that, no other computer sees the homegroup.

However, I need to explain the following:
    My main computer, who started the homegroup, still sees the "old homegroup" as active, AKA Ghost homegroup.
    I have tried to delete it by following the steps here
    Fix issues with the homegroup in Windows 10

Solution 1 – Delete files from PeerNetworking folder

1. Go to c:\windows\serviceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\PeerNetworking.
    2. Delete idstore.sst and move on to Step 3. If deleting idstore.sst doesn’t work, go back to c:\windows\serviceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\PeerNetworking and delete all files and folders in it and go back to Step 3.
    3. Go to the Network Settings and Leave the Homegroup.
    4. Repeat this for all the computers in your network.
    5. Turn off your computers.
    6. Turn on just one, and create a new Homegroup on it.
    7. This Homegroup should be recognized on all of your computers now.

I have followed this step by step. But I cant get rid of the old "homegroup".
    This started to happen only after I upgraded to the "Creators update" and all computers are up to date.

How can I get rid once and for all from this ghost homegroup.

I have the followed the above mentioned steps, in each of the computers in the network. This ghost homegroup still appears and I can't join it, or leave it.

leinad23ec, May 4, 2021
Thema:

Homegroup, a valued feature of windows is now not available on Windows 10. What is up with...

1. Homegroup, a valued feature of windows is now not available on Windows 10. What is up with... - Similar Threads - Homegroup valued feature

2. Windows 10 KB5009596 is now available with new feature and improvements

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB5009596 is now available with new feature and improvements: Windows 10 KB5009596 has been released and it actually comes with a new feature that will help you migrate to Windows 11. Additionally, Windows 10’s optional update also comes with a bunch of general improvements and fixes, including a fix for an issue where all Bluetooth...
  3. Set up homegroup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Set up homegroup in Windows 10: Have just installed Win 10 ot previously blank SSD, in place of Windows 7. Can anyone point me to a clear description of how to set up a homegroup network in my new installation of windows 10?...
  4. Is Homegroup available on windows 10

Is Homegroup available on windows 10: Is Homegroup available on windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-homegroup-available-on-windows-10/216f5bf5-98ad-4c9e-9cb6-add7b96db959
  5. homegroup is gone, what now ?

homegroup is gone, what now ?: 5 years ago homegroups make our LAN game party very fun, but now its gone. thats mean i can't play together with my friend anymore, any idea ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/homegroup-is-gone-what-now/55eeca9a-dfb9-4b65-900a-d2927d96c803"
  6. Homegroup missing.....what now??

Homegroup missing.....what now??: Hi from UK Just updated to latest 1809 ver. and noticed Homegroup missing! (Last time I used it was ayear ago...I should add) I have 2 PCs at home...and wish to read/write/transfer data between them....with full permission to do as I wish!! What are my options now...
  7. Windows 10 (1803) Homegroup is now gone

Windows 10 (1803) Homegroup is now gone: Just wondering why did Microsoft remove the home group with Version 1803 of Windows 10. I have lots of PC's still running Windows 7 in the homegroup, plus a Toshiba Networked Hard Drive (Can't Map)....
  8. Windows 10 Build 17713 is now available with new features for Insiders

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 17713 is now available with new features for Insiders: Microsoft is today rolling out a new Windows 10 preview build for the Windows Insiders in Fast Ring. Windows 10 Build 17713 comes with significant changes for Edge browser and Notepad. Microsoft Edge Improvements Microsoft Edge features a new media autoplay controls. You...
  9. setting up homegroup in windows 10

setting up homegroup in windows 10: I recently upgraded windows 8.1 with Bing, which had a homegroup, to windows 10. After the upgrade I was unable to set up a homegroup. Message, "this computer is unable to set up a homegroup" *Sad 29747
  10. Setting up a homegroup in Windows 10

Setting up a homegroup in Windows 10: I have 3 desktops and one laptop all running Windows 10 (wirelessly, except for one desktop on ethernet). I'm trying to set up a new homegroup with these machines, but when I do, I'm asked for a HG password that is not working (I set up a HG when some were on Windows 7 long...