Windows 10: Homegroup and Network Sharing problem after motherboard upgrade.

Discus and support Homegroup and Network Sharing problem after motherboard upgrade. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi guys, I replaced my motherboard a couple of days ago and didn't go the route of doing a fresh install as is always suggested but everything is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Baggi0, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Baggi0 Win User

Homegroup and Network Sharing problem after motherboard upgrade.

Hi guys,

I replaced my motherboard a couple of days ago and didn't go the route of doing a fresh install as is always suggested but everything is working fine except the Homegroup and Network sharing.

Beforehand everything was sharing OK but now PC 1 can only see the folders that are shared on PC 2 through Homegroup but it won't go into any folder and I get this error. Under Network (on the left panel in any folder) it can see PC 2 but can't even see the shared folders and I get the same error when I click it.

Homegroup and Network Sharing problem after motherboard upgrade. [​IMG]

I tried with Windows firewall off and get a different message.

Homegroup and Network Sharing problem after motherboard upgrade. [​IMG]

I've tried all sorts of stuff to get it working from checking all the correct services are running to redoing permissions but nothing has worked.

Since the motherboard upgrade, i haven't added any new software or touched any settings but I did update the Realtek LAN driver and also rolled back to the previous one after to see if that was the issue but again no joy.

Also everything going the other way is fine, PC 2 can see and access PC 1's shared folders and files through the Network and Homegroup.

Any idea's guys? Sorry if I've not been thorough enough, I'll update with anything that's needed *Smile

:)

Baggi0, Sep 1, 2017
  2. John Ado Win User

No HomeGroup

Hi Adam,

The
    HomeGroup
    feature has retired. You can still share your files and printer by going to Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Advanced sharing settings.

Best regards.

John Ado, Sep 1, 2017
  3. John Ado Win User
    creating or joining a homegroup

Hi Mikie,

The
    HomeGroup
    feature has retired. You can still share your files and printer by going to
    Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Advanced sharing settings.

Best regards.

John Ado, Sep 1, 2017
  4. Baggi0 Win User

I've tried some more stuff and can ping either way from both PC's so I don't know if that narrows anything down.

I tried opening the relevant ports for NetBios and file sharing on my router and still nothing. I downloaded NetBScanner as well and PC 2 finds PC 1 but running it on PC 1 and isn't finding anything for PC 2.

Baggi0, Sep 1, 2017
  5. Baggi0 Win User
    Anyone have any ideas?

Baggi0, Sep 2, 2017
  6. Baggi0 Win User
    I've still not fixed this issue and ive tried more fixes.

I tried a USB in the router as I'm on 1703 to no avail and ive also tried;

ipconfig /flushdns (Clear the dns cache)
    nbtstat -RR (release and refesh NetBIOS names)
    netsh int ip reset (reset ip settings)
    netsh winsock reset (Reset Winsock Catalog)

and I'm still getting "file and print sharing resource is online but isn't responding to connection attempts"

As I say on PC1 I can see the folders I'm sharing on PC2 but it won't let me into them, whereas on PC2 it can see and go into PC1's folders.

I'm at a loss *Sad

Baggi0, Sep 13, 2017
  7. Baggi0 Win User
    Can nobody help me at all?

Baggi0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Homegroup and Network Sharing problem after motherboard upgrade. - Similar Threads - Homegroup Network Sharing

2. Activation problems after motherboard and cpu upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation problems after motherboard and cpu upgrade: Can someone reset my activation key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-problems-after-motherboard-and-cpu/fbe5403c-5ed0-4dea-a7a0-de50282e0983
  3. Sharing, homegroups, scanning

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing, homegroups, scanning: I'm in my small office where my friend shares space with me; we share internet services also. I'm trying to set a network folder for scanned documents and I'm guessing I need a homegroup so I can share files & media with the other computer. I don't want to share with the...
  4. homegroup sharing

homegroup sharing: I have a new laptop with windows 10 Pro. I have an older home pc with windows 10 home. I set up homegroup on the laptop and received the homegroup code but do not see where to enter that share code on the home pc. I just want to have access to pictures on both. I setup...
  5. Lost network/homegroup sharing

Lost network/homegroup sharing: I see the following error on both my HTPC and my desktop PC. Both running Win 10 pro 64 bit. I reinstalled the intel driver on bot machines but that did not work. I power cycled the cable modem and routher, that didn't work either. I tried the winsock series on CMDs...
  6. Homegroup problem - accessing shares asks for credentials

Homegroup problem - accessing shares asks for credentials: Well, this problem is making me NUTS... Several PCs in my store.. some running W7 starter, some W10 Home pro. A few days ago suddenly I could no longer access a folder on another W10 computer, where we tend to store a lot of important documents. The computer where the...
  7. HomeGroup and network connectivity oddities since upgrading

HomeGroup and network connectivity oddities since upgrading: Update Aug 15th: The network issues have been resolved by modifying SMB2 settings in the registry, as per my posts on page 2. Now, just a persistent HomeGroup error remains. ------------ Ok, first off, a quick run-down on my setup - the "core" of my network consists of a...
  8. Shared Windows 10 network folders not visible in homegroup

Shared Windows 10 network folders not visible in homegroup: The title basically says it all ... I have a Windows 10 pc in a private network with 4 external hdds attached. On these drives, I have shared a number of folders. In the Explorer, these folders are shown as type Share in the Network section. In the Homegroup section of the...
  9. Sharing using Homegroup

Sharing using Homegroup: Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me with this strange behaviour please? I am trying to share some folders from my laptop to my TV (Sony Bravia kdl-46EX700). The TV is connected to the network via a wire whilst the laptop is wifi. Selecting or deselecting Share with...
  10. Homegroup/Networking Problems

Homegroup/Networking Problems: I adopted the Windows 10 preview back before July, did a fresh install and had it working with another PC here at home which was Windows 7 Ultimate x 64. The homegroup worked fine between the two... but after I upgraded the Windows 7 machine, it stopped working. I used the...