Windows 10: Homegroup in left start list not working

Discus and support Homegroup in left start list not working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have put Homegroup in the left start list by selecting it to appear in the personalization settings. When I attempt to access homegroup by selecting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by lwman, Aug 28, 2015.

1. lwman Win User

Homegroup in left start list not working

I have put Homegroup in the left start list by selecting it to appear in the personalization settings. When I attempt to access homegroup by selecting it from the start list it says that homegroup is not available. I can however use homegroup by accessing it from File Explorer. It appears that the Homegroup placed in the left start list is a bad link and is a bug since it does the same thing on my other computer. Has anyone else found this?

:)

lwman, Aug 28, 2015

2. Homegroup in start list not working.

That's sums it up.

TheGreatestAjax, Aug 28, 2015
  3. dawj24 Win User
    Homegroup in start list not working.

I'm new to the Windows 10 community and I too have the same issue other than that I am extremely satisfied with this OS. Not quite sure on what the problem or fix is. I've done some looking around through the registry and have noticed it has something to
    do with this file. C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu Places\08 - Homegroup.lnk

I've tried changing it to the actual location of the homegroup with no success yet and also noticed changing the file name changed the link name on the start menu.

If someone at Microsoft would get this fixed that would be great!

If and when I come across the fix for this I'll be sure to post it!

dawj24, Aug 28, 2015
Thema:

Homegroup in left start list not working

1. Homegroup in left start list not working - Similar Threads - Homegroup left start

2. how to start homegroup wizard

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to start homegroup wizard: start wizard to create homegroup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-start-homegroup-wizard/8c063798-d18a-4e5b-8d47-2643c47c3c30"
  3. Homegroup stopped working

Homegroup stopped working: When I reinstalled Windows 10 on one desktop computer it no longer has homegroup functionality to enable connection with my other 3 computers and network printers. The updated computer cannot see the Homegroup network. All computers have internet access but not to my local...
  4. Homegroup Listener and Homegroup Provider not listed in services

Homegroup Listener and Homegroup Provider not listed in services: As title - Homegroup Listener and Homegroup Provider are not listed in services. This is on a clean install of windows 10 pro. Any idea on how to get these services back? Thanks 110194
  5. Customize the left side of the Start menu - Pin to Start List?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customize the left side of the Start menu - Pin to Start List?: hello. I wanted to add some programs to the top of the left side of the start menu (free space on the screenshoot). I have read about the "Pin to Start List" if you rightclick while holding shift. But this seems not to be working anymore!?!?! Is there another possibility...
  6. I need a complete list of settings to make my Homegroup work.

I need a complete list of settings to make my Homegroup work.: I hope you don't get as confused as I am.... I have 3 win 10 computers, 1 HP 530-339 64 Bit, 1 Dell 530S 32 Bit and 1 Dell 560S 64 Bit. I need to let folks know I am a non-techie with an 85 year old slow brain. When I bought the 560 I tried to set up a Homegroup, I was...
  7. Left Homegroup, Don't Know Password to Rejoin

Left Homegroup, Don't Know Password to Rejoin: I did something pretty dumb. I left a Homegroup on the PC I created it on. I can't rejoin it because I can't remember the password (the dumb thing is that I can't find a record of the password). Do I need to delete the existing Homegroup, and how is that accomplished? Can...
  8. HomeGroup Start Menu Option Doesn't Work

HomeGroup Start Menu Option Doesn't Work: Turning the HomeGroup option on in the start menu: [img] + clicking it: [img] = this: [img] Using the HomeGroup option in File Explorer = it works: [img] Has anyone else encountered this problem, or is it just me? If someone has encountered it, could you...
  9. Homegroup stopped working

Homegroup stopped working: I'm not sure if it's related to the last update or not, but suddenly my homegroup started saying my other PC was offline. So I went and left it and recreated it, and sometimes it'll connect for maybe 5 minutes then disappear again. Also, it's saying almost everytime I try to...
  10. Errors "failed to start" but no Homegroup

Errors "failed to start" but no Homegroup: I have several errors related to Homegroup. Level Date and Time Source Event ID Task Category Error 07/16/2017 1:02:32 PM Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing 2 Session "Session ""HomeGroupLog"" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035" Error 07/16/2017...