Windows 10: homegroup is gone, what now ?

Discus and support homegroup is gone, what now ? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; 5 years ago homegroups make our LAN game party very fun, but now its gone. thats mean i can't play together with my friend anymore, any idea ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by IdrisIndrawan, Jul 11, 2019.

1. homegroup is gone, what now ?

5 years ago homegroups make our LAN game party very fun, but now its gone. thats mean i can't play together with my friend anymore, any idea ?

:)

IdrisIndrawan, Jul 11, 2019

2. create a homegroup

Hi Frankievan,

This issue logging in or joining HomeGroup could have happened due to administrator settings. To resolve your issue, we would like to know more about the issue by asking the following questions below:

• Are you the administrator of the HomeGroup network?
    • Have you taken or completed any troubleshooting steps?

If you are the administrator, we suggest that you check the settings of your HomeGroup network. You can follow the steps provided in this

article
    to check if there is something wrong with the settings.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Anthony Gal, Jul 11, 2019
  3. Homegroup connectivity problem

We appreciate your detailed response. Damaged system components is one of the possible reasons why you are experiencing issues with saving files from your laptop to your desktop using the HomeGroup. For initial troubleshooting, we suggest running the automated
    troubleshooter for HomeGroup issues.

To run the HomeGroup troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key + X and then choose Control Panel.
    • Click on Network and Internet.
    • Select HomeGroup and then click Start the HomeGroup troubleshooter.
    • Click the Next button and then click on Skip this step.
    • Wait for the troubleshooter to finish the process.
    • Restart the computer after running the troubleshooter.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Update us about the results.

Darleen Pen, Jul 11, 2019
  4. homegroup is gone, what now ?

Homegroup Not Working

Hi John,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to urn the HomeGroup troubleshooter by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View all on the top left pane.
    • Click on HomeGroup and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

homegroup is gone, what now ?

1. homegroup is gone, what now ? - Similar Threads - homegroup gone

2. I have installed the HomeGroup since Win7 up to now on win11. I need to recover the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have installed the HomeGroup since Win7 up to now on win11. I need to recover the...: I have installed the HomeGroup since Win7 up to now on win11. I need to recover the password however, when accessing network thru control panel no icon for homegroup to click...
  3. I have installed the HomeGroup since Win7 up to now on win11. I need to recover the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have installed the HomeGroup since Win7 up to now on win11. I need to recover the...: I have installed the HomeGroup since Win7 up to now on win11. I need to recover the password however, when accessing network thru control panel no icon for homegroup to click...
  4. Prevent file from Deleteion in homegroup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Prevent file from Deleteion in homegroup: I am using windows 10 and shared some importartent folder in homegroup my files getting deleted accidentaly without any warning to confirm delete and i am not able to find in recyle bin also.I tried to create advance permission to protect a file from deletion, go to Security...
  5. If HomeGroup is gone why is it still offered Windows 10 Home V 1909

If HomeGroup is gone why is it still offered Windows 10 Home V 1909: [img] If home-group has truly been removed from Windows 10 why does it still show as an option when clicking "Share With" on a folder? I definitely dont want to use it but how can I remove the options? This subject came up lately when we were looking at different ways to...
  6. Talking to a Win 7 computer with homegroup gone

Talking to a Win 7 computer with homegroup gone: I share my printer with my wife. She has the printer on her computer, running Win 7 because Win 10 didn't work well on her computer. I am running Win 10 (would go back to 7 if I could, this thing takes forever to boot up). How do I get access to the printer on her computer?...
  7. Cant play lan games since HomeGroup feature gone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant play lan games since HomeGroup feature gone: So my friend and i recently updated our windows to the latest version .. we hooked up my router as usually and tried to play a Lan game but we couldn't find each other... so I figured we have to set up the homegroup thingy again . turns out theres no more homegroup .. okay...
  8. Windows 10 (1803) Homegroup is now gone

Windows 10 (1803) Homegroup is now gone: Just wondering why did Microsoft remove the home group with Version 1803 of Windows 10. I have lots of PC's still running Windows 7 in the homegroup, plus a Toshiba Networked Hard Drive (Can't Map)....
  9. Since homegroup is gone I can't find my network printer.

Since homegroup is gone I can't find my network printer.: Since homegroup is gone I can't find my network printer or computers for that matter. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/since-homegroup-is-gone-i-cant-find-my-network/eeb0b16f-4f26-472f-93aa-bf6308160664
  10. Anniversary Update ~ Homegroup Gone!

Anniversary Update ~ Homegroup Gone!: After the anniversary update my Homegroup sort of thinks it has gone. If I check the settings, it says ( on all my PC's ) that there is a homegroup to join but I am not currently in a Homegroup. But ... the Homegroup is actually still active. Files and so on are being shared....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. homegroups gone. what now?