Windows 10: Homegroup missing.....what now??

Discus and support Homegroup missing.....what now?? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi from UK Just updated to latest 1809 ver. and noticed Homegroup missing! (Last time I used it was ayear ago...I should add) I have 2 PCs at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KevConlon, Mar 8, 2019.

1. KevConlon Win User

Homegroup missing.....what now??

Hi from UK

Just updated to latest 1809 ver. and noticed Homegroup missing!

(Last time I used it was ayear ago...I should add)

I have 2 PCs at home...and wish to read/write/transfer data between them....with full permission to do as I wish!!

What are my options now please?

I do not use 'the cloud' and have no desire to do so at the moment.

Thanks

:)

KevConlon, Mar 8, 2019
  2. John Sarc Win User

Phantom Homegroup appearing in Windows 10

Hi Sanjiv,

Upon reviewing your case we've seen that you were on the right track of resolving the case. We're just missing one more step which is disabling HomeGroup services after stopping it. We highly suggest that you re-stop HomeGroup services and
    make sure that you disable it before rebooting the computer.

To disable HomeGroup services, you'll be needing to launch the Services tool and the steps on how to do so are listed below:

• Click on Start or Windows key and type "services" in; then, choose
      Services. The Services windows should show up.
    • From there, look for the HomeGroup Provider service under
      Name
    • Once found it, double-click on it and go to Properties.
    • From the Start type drop-down list under Properties, select
      Disabled.

When you restart the computer and before creating a new HomeGroup, make sure that you have disjoined all the computer from HomeGroup in laptop A and B.

Let us know what happens after following the suggestion.

John Sarc, Mar 8, 2019
  3. create a homegroup

Hi Frankievan,

This issue logging in or joining HomeGroup could have happened due to administrator settings. To resolve your issue, we would like to know more about the issue by asking the following questions below:

• Are you the administrator of the HomeGroup network?
    • Have you taken or completed any troubleshooting steps?

If you are the administrator, we suggest that you check the settings of your HomeGroup network. You can follow the steps provided in this

article
    to check if there is something wrong with the settings.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Anthony Gal, Mar 8, 2019
  4. Homegroup missing.....what now??

Homegroup connectivity problem

We appreciate your detailed response. Damaged system components is one of the possible reasons why you are experiencing issues with saving files from your laptop to your desktop using the HomeGroup. For initial troubleshooting, we suggest running the automated
    troubleshooter for HomeGroup issues.

To run the HomeGroup troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key + X and then choose Control Panel.
    • Click on Network and Internet.
    • Select HomeGroup and then click Start the HomeGroup troubleshooter.
    • Click the Next button and then click on Skip this step.
    • Wait for the troubleshooter to finish the process.
    • Restart the computer after running the troubleshooter.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Update us about the results.

Darleen Pen, Mar 8, 2019
Thema:

Homegroup missing.....what now??

1. Homegroup missing.....what now?? - Similar Threads - Homegroup missing

2. Homegroup missing on Windows 10 Pro. - 64 bit: 21H1, 19043.1202 HOW do I fix this to regain...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Homegroup missing on Windows 10 Pro. - 64 bit: 21H1, 19043.1202 HOW do I fix this to regain...: I am unable to create a HomeGroup on my laptop running: Windows 10 Pro. - 64 bit / Version: 21H1 / OS Build: 19043.1202What do I need to do EXACTLY for MY PC SYSTEM ?I've tried to research this online, but all tips & tricks don't seem to apply or don't work on my version of...
  3. Homegroup seems to be missing from windows 10, so how to connect PC1 workgroup with PC2...

Homegroup seems to be missing from windows 10, so how to connect PC1 workgroup with PC2...: Homegroup seems to be missing from windows 10, so the how to connect PC1 workgroup with PC2 workgroup/homegroup. All online info is bad waste of time. Ought to work as before, but stuck on network credentials with little more than circular arguments. All setting...
  4. Missing Set Up Homegroup button!

Missing Set Up Homegroup button!: I want to connect my desktop and my laptop. I went to Network settings/status and I'm supposed to see a Homegroup button to set it up but I don't have one. How can I do it?...
  5. Latest 1809 update today....HOMEGROUP missing Win10 Pro....

Latest 1809 update today....HOMEGROUP missing Win10 Pro....: As it says on the tin... Latest 1809 update today....HOMEGROUP missing Win10 Pro.... Last time I ran a Homegroup was around 1 year ago....so don't know when Homegroup went missing from Control Panel... *Sad 128514
  6. Homegroup Missing

Homegroup Missing: Hi. I have recently install windows 10.0.17134.1. Also to my other colleague's pc. I share my pc and printer over homegroup. So our all staff can access my drive and printer over network.. But This new windows version have a problem. There was no homegroup option in control...
  7. Missing Homegroup connectivity

Missing Homegroup connectivity: I lost my homegroup connection from my Desktop after recent update. How to enable back homegroup. My desktop also running on Win10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/missing-homegroup-connectivity/474bea9e-4d2d-4027-a6be-e98b9da0d671
  8. Homegroup missing

Homegroup missing: Hi, I can no longer find any trace of HomeGroup even when following other suggestions. It seems to be plain missing on my Windows 10. Help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/homegroup-missing/2b44c52e-bab9-4352-b515-da71b66c50ca
  9. HomeGroup - The link to "Allow all devices on this network..." is missing

HomeGroup - The link to "Allow all devices on this network..." is missing: I'm trying to set up a HomeGroup to stream media, but the link "Allow all devices on this network such as TVs and game console to play my shared content" is not there. How do I get it to show up? I'm on Windows 10 version 1709. [ATTACH]...
  10. Dude, Where's Your Homegroup (Missing after updates)

Dude, Where's Your Homegroup (Missing after updates): So my main PC is Windows 10 Home V1803, Build 17134.1 and the other (which is usually the same but hasn't caught up yet to the Insider Build) is currently at Windows 10 Home V1803, Build 17133.73. The two of them used to be networked without issue via Homegroup until my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. homegroup missing

2. windows homegroup missing