Windows 10: Homegroup Password?

Discus and support Homegroup Password? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Where do I find my homegroup password? I can see questions on the forum but I don't know how to view the answers or replies. Thank you, Shirley... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by squelch19, Oct 26, 2018.

1. squelch19 Win User

Homegroup Password?

Where do I find my homegroup password?

I can see questions on the forum but I don't know how to view the answers or replies.

Thank you, Shirley

:)

squelch19, Oct 26, 2018
  2. John Sarc Win User

Finding a Homegroup Password

Hi,

To view and print HomeGroup password, see the steps below:

• Open File Explorer, click on HomeGroup
      in the navigation pane.
    • Click on the HomeGroup tab on the ribbon.
    • Click on View password.
    • You will now see the HomeGroup password that you can also print out.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Oct 26, 2018
  3. Homegroup password

I have restarted the two homegroup services (automatic delayed start) and rebooted. Going to Control Panel>All Control Panel Items>Homegroup gives a window with the label "Share with other home computers." It states that I have created a homegroup on this
    PC. Following several lines of explanatory text, two options are listed, "Change advanced sharing settings..." and "Start the HomeGroup troubleshooter.." There is no option to "Leave HomeGroup."

Beneath the listed options is a page divider and, to the right, two buttons, "Join now" and "Close." Neither button is grayed out. This suggests that this PC, which created the homegroup, is not a member of the homegroup. If I attempt to Join by clicking
    the "Join now" button, I am asked to enter the homegroup password, which I don't remember.

Could it be that there is no "Leave homegroup" option because the PC is not in fact a member of the homegroup?

How does one uncreate a homegroup that has no members?

Russell.Snyder, Oct 26, 2018
  4. Homegroup Password?

Reset Homegroup password Windows 10

Hi Jim,

One way of protecting and securing your homegroup is by creating a password. To rectify your concern in resetting the
    homegroup password, we suggest that you follow the procedures given by
    Jessen P posted last July 15, 2016 on this thread:
    Resetting Homegroup in Windows 10
    . This will provide you with the steps and suggested links about homegroup password reset and further details in managing your homegroup.

Let us know if you need more help.

Dhavelyn Mer, Oct 26, 2018
Thema:

Homegroup Password?

1. Homegroup Password? - Similar Threads - Homegroup Password

2. How to reset homegroup password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to reset homegroup password: How do I reset my homegroup password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reset-homegroup-password/6031a9b6-2b24-49ed-9085-66827a358d1d
  3. can't find homegroup or it's password windows 10

can't find homegroup or it's password windows 10: All of the instructions that I seem to be able to find in reference to View (find) the password for a Homegroup give me instructions such as "1. Click Start & then click Control Panel"; "2. Click Network and Internet and then click HomeGroup"; 3. View or print the homegroup...
  4. where is windows10 HomeGroup password

where is windows10 HomeGroup password: can not find windows10 HomeGroup password ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-windows10-homegroup-password/875555a8-6e47-4fd6-9ebd-b69ad72575a7
  5. How do you reset your homegroup password?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do you reset your homegroup password?: How do you reset your homegroup password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-you-reset-your-homegroup-password/e165dc6b-5c15-4036-8c0e-701bea71a646
  6. Cannot View / Change Homegroup Password

Cannot View / Change Homegroup Password: I have three computers I would like to add to a homegroup. One is a MAC (optional) and two are windows 10 laptops. At some point in the distant and long forgotten past, I must have created a homegroup. On the two available computers running windows 10, I have the ability to...
  7. Windows 10 Will Not Let Me Create A Homegroup Password

Windows 10 Will Not Let Me Create A Homegroup Password: I have just installed Windows 10 on my HP Elitebook 8460p Windows Pro 64 bit laptop. I am currently part of a homegroup consisting of four other computers which share the same password. When I tried to connect the Windows 10 to the existing homegroup with the password they...
  8. cant add a new PC to my homegroup..will not accept homegroup password

cant add a new PC to my homegroup..will not accept homegroup password: I am having a home group password recognition problem setting up a new W10 pc with an old W10 laptop. The new PC will not recognize the original homegroup pw originally set up from my laptop. Is there a way of deleting the old homegroup and setting up a new one from...
  9. Change Homegroup Password in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Homegroup Password in Windows 10: How to: Change Homegroup Password in Windows 10 [img] Information A Homegroup makes it easy to share pictures, music, documents, videos, and printers with other Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 computers on your local home network. You can also stream...
  10. View or Print Homegroup Password in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    View or Print Homegroup Password in Windows 10: How to: View or Print Homegroup Password in Windows 10 [img] Information A Homegroup makes it easy to share pictures, music, documents, videos, and printers with other Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 computers on your local home network. You can also...