Windows 10: Homegroup problems

Discus and support Homegroup problems in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Respected, I have some issues with the homegroup. My computer is the main one and i created the homegroup. I have bought a new computer and when i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by marijanafemic, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Homegroup problems

Respected,

I have some issues with the homegroup.

My computer is the main one and i created the homegroup. I have bought a new computer and when i wanted to connect with my homegroup, it is written that windows online troubleshooting service is disabled.

So i cannot add any other computer to my homegroup.

Please help

Thanks

:)

marijanafemic, Dec 8, 2018

2. Homegroup connectivity problem

We appreciate your detailed response. Damaged system components is one of the possible reasons why you are experiencing issues with saving files from your laptop to your desktop using the HomeGroup. For initial troubleshooting, we suggest running the automated
    troubleshooter for HomeGroup issues.

To run the HomeGroup troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key + X and then choose Control Panel.
    • Click on Network and Internet.
    • Select HomeGroup and then click Start the HomeGroup troubleshooter.
    • Click the Next button and then click on Skip this step.
    • Wait for the troubleshooter to finish the process.
    • Restart the computer after running the troubleshooter.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Update us about the results.

Darleen Pen, Dec 8, 2018
  3. Homegroup connectivity problem

Hi Darleen - it is Valerie Wright again. Further to my reply of 2nd October saying that the homegroup problem was resolved; I have to report that the problem reoccurred yesterday and although I again followed the instructions you gave me on 1st October,
    I have not been able to get back homegroup connectivity between my 2 HP computers. Again I can see the Pavilion when going into homegroup on the ENVY, but when I click on homegroup on the Pavilion I am told the ENVY is not available. All that changed yesterday
    was that I downloaded a Microsoft Cumulative update KB4041676!! I have tried coming out of the homegroup and then re-joining but although I am told there is a homegroup available to join when I follow the procedure and put in HG password nothing happens
    - the computer sat there for over 5min trying to connect. Have you any further helpful suggestions? Thanks again

valeriejoan, Dec 8, 2018
  4. Homegroup problems

Homegroup is currently unavailable

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Try to run the HomeGroup troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Search for HomeGroup in the Search and click on it to open.
    • Then click on Start HomeGroup troubleshooter.
    For reference:

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

HomeGroup problems in Windows:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/homegroup-problems-in-windows

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

Homegroup problems

1. Homegroup problems - Similar Threads - Homegroup problems

2. How to solve frustrating homegroup problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to solve frustrating homegroup problem: Im running w10 on a desktop and laptop and having problems connecting to my homegroup (HG) but having problems setting up a homegroupUsing my old pw did not work. When I tried to set up another HG I was given a new pw, but entering it on my laptop I received user name and pw...
  3. HomeGroup problem

HomeGroup problem: hi all. this is my first post so be gentle please....*Smile My Problem:- When I turn on my pc the first screen that shows up is the stock windows 10 screen....... however, there is a box with 'HomeUserGroup$' and a request for a password (This is to get to my personal...
  4. Homegroup problem - accessing shares asks for credentials

Homegroup problem - accessing shares asks for credentials: Well, this problem is making me NUTS... Several PCs in my store.. some running W7 starter, some W10 Home pro. A few days ago suddenly I could no longer access a folder on another W10 computer, where we tend to store a lot of important documents. The computer where the...
  5. Another Windows 10 HomeGroup problem

Another Windows 10 HomeGroup problem: Hi Several months ago I created a Home Group and all was working fine. I hadn't made use of it in a while and the password has since gone from my memory. The problem I'm having is I can see under the Network tab that both PC's are connected but I am unable to...
  6. Homegroup and Network Sharing problem after motherboard upgrade.

Homegroup and Network Sharing problem after motherboard upgrade.: Hi guys, I replaced my motherboard a couple of days ago and didn't go the route of doing a fresh install as is always suggested but everything is working fine except the Homegroup and Network sharing. Beforehand everything was sharing OK but now PC 1 can only see the...
  7. Homegroup problem (deeper than i thought)

Homegroup problem (deeper than i thought): Windows 10 both pc's. -I have a desktop pc ( I call it A) and a laptop (I call it B). In the past B was part of a homegroup (with another pc). B is not a part of any homegroup (i left the previous one). When i go to settings it says i can create a homegroup. Now about A....
  8. Problem connecting to other PC using Homegroup.

Problem connecting to other PC using Homegroup.: I have Windows 10 installed on my Laptop and I have connected it to my Desktop PC running Windows 7 using Homegroup. I have enabled Advanced Sharing but still I am unable to connect to my Desktop PC from Laptop. I am showing a video regarding this issue : j8K8fOcPEp4...
  9. Homegroup Problems - Again!!

Homegroup Problems - Again!!: My frustrations with Windows 10 homegroup issues are haunting me once again. After the latest (#1511) update, my 4-PC homegroup is once again not working. First, one of the PCs could not access the others. My next steps were as follows: 1, One by one, each PC left the...
  10. Several problem with homegroup

Several problem with homegroup: Hi, I have 2 PCs running Windows 10 (Computer A and Computer B). They are fully updates. Both computers are join to the same homegroup. I just create the homegroup. 1. What was Strange: If I was creating the homegroup on Computer B then Computer A was seeing the offer...