Windows 10: Homegroup seems to be missing from windows 10, so how to connect PC1 workgroup with PC2...

Discus and support Homegroup seems to be missing from windows 10, so how to connect PC1 workgroup with PC2... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Homegroup seems to be missing from windows 10, so the how to connect PC1 workgroup with PC2 workgroup/homegroup. All online info is bad waste of time.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RichardJonesMilton, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Homegroup seems to be missing from windows 10, so how to connect PC1 workgroup with PC2...

Homegroup seems to be missing from windows 10, so the how to connect PC1 workgroup with PC2 workgroup/homegroup. All online info is bad waste of time. Ought to work as before, but stuck on network credentials with little more than circular arguments. All setting open/shared/enabled allowed, passwords disabled. Can the community help.

:)

RichardJonesMilton, Sep 19, 2020

2. PC1 can NOT see PC2 but PC2 can see PC1

I have seen similar problems but not quite the same - i.e. PC1 does not even see PC2 - no errors etc. As far as I understand both have sharing enabled, both are 'discoverable' and anything else I have seen referenced. ON PC2 I can also SEE a Windows tablet
    when connected but haven't tried anything further. Any help appreciated

Homegroup seems to be missing from windows 10, so how to connect PC1 workgroup with PC2... 13667bfd-fada-4ea4-86ca-267c0e1fd69e?upload=true.jpg

peterhw100, Sep 19, 2020
  3. JoeG314 Win User
    How to Deny "ONLY user1 on PC1" access to shared drive C (or specific subfolders) on networked PC2 ?

2016Sep07 (question by )

Hi Community,

This is user . My question is the topic shown on this discussion; which I explain

in more detail below.

My situation is very simple, but I don't know WHAT TO CLICK in Windows Explorer to:

permit different user-access to drives (or different subfolders)

shared by users on 2 Windows networked PC's -- PC1 and PC2.

PC1 is Windows Vista and PC2 is Windows 10.

Let me quickly explain: In general, PC1 and PC2 are on my HomeGroup private network;

and it's generally OK for ALL users from both PC's (PC1 and PC2)

to access all folders on drive C of both PC's; EXCEPT,

if I want to DENY USER1 (on PC1) access to drive C (or just 1 folder, Folder2, and all of it's sub-folders on that drive) on PC2,

then I don't know WHAT TO CLICK in Windows Explorer to accomplish that DENY of access.

My problem is: Whenever I go to PC2, I can't seem to find User1 from PC1, to DENY access for Folder2 on PC2.

So then, when User1 (on PC1) tries to access Folder2 on PC2, they still have access -- along with everyone else.

Everyone else is fine with me; it's just that I want to DENY access ONLY by User1 on PC1 to Folder2 on PC2.

Who can answer that; what is the clicking process to accomplish the preceding?

JoeG314, Sep 19, 2020
  4. Homegroup seems to be missing from windows 10, so how to connect PC1 workgroup with PC2...

My PC1 is slow to boot when my PC2 is shut off

I need help with slow booting of win10..

1.my pc1 is connected via network cable to my router

2. my second pc2C is minix neo win10 media device, connected to same router

3. on that PC2 neo win10 media device i have usb disk1 which has shared movies and series folder

3.i have usb disk2 shared via my router

I mapped on my pc1 machine - folders from usb disk1 (via map network drive).

After a while i noticed that my PC1 takes long time to boot, every time my PC2 is shutdown..

On PC1 because of that i disconnected mapped drive.

The same thing happens everytime my PC2 is shutdown..

Please help me, how to fix the problem..It looks like PC1 is somehow trying to connect to my PC2

HrvojeReich, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

Homegroup seems to be missing from windows 10, so how to connect PC1 workgroup with PC2...

1. Homegroup seems to be missing from windows 10, so how to connect PC1 workgroup with PC2... - Similar Threads - Homegroup seems missing

2. When sharing a folder from Pc1 to Pc2 it work fine but when pc1 restart or shutdown next...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When sharing a folder from Pc1 to Pc2 it work fine but when pc1 restart or shutdown next...: When sharing a folder from Pc1 to Pc2 it work fine but when pc1 restart or shutdown next day again we start our pc1 folder stop sharing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-sharing-a-folder-from-pc1-to-pc2-it-work-fine/2daa51d5-62b4-4dc5-b139-190b6743d821
  3. When sharing a folder from Pc1 to Pc2 it work fine but when pc1 restart or shutdown next...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When sharing a folder from Pc1 to Pc2 it work fine but when pc1 restart or shutdown next...: When sharing a folder from Pc1 to Pc2 it work fine but when pc1 restart or shutdown next day again we start our pc1 folder stop sharing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-sharing-a-folder-from-pc1-to-pc2-it-work-fine/2daa51d5-62b4-4dc5-b139-190b6743d821
  4. When sharing a folder from Pc1 to Pc2 it work fine but when pc1 restart or shutdown next...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Is possible swap two windows 10 licenses ? Home PC1 and Pro PC2

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is possible swap two windows 10 licenses ? Home PC1 and Pro PC2: s possible swap two windows 10 licenses ? Home PC1 and Pro PC2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-possible-swap-two-windows-10-licenses-home-pc1/b5920a12-8254-4614-9f77-c479e4d3efa4
  6. PC1 can NOT see PC2 but PC2 can see PC1

PC1 can NOT see PC2 but PC2 can see PC1: I have seen similar problems but not quite the same - i.e. PC1 does not even see PC2 - no errors etc. As far as I understand both have sharing enabled, both are 'discoverable' and anything else I have seen referenced. ON PC2 I can also SEE a Windows tablet when connected...
  7. Workgroup/homegroup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Workgroup/homegroup: I have a laptop here that's in a "workgroup" I can not activate my upgrade of windows 10, how do I remove workgroup???? any article I find really SEEMS TO DETAILED, FOR MY LEVEL OF EXPERIENCE! FEEL ME? help?...
  8. Homegroup vs Workgroup

Homegroup vs Workgroup: Last year I did some testing with three computers linked through a Switch and Ethernet CAT6 cables. I didn't have much luck with Homegroups and was constantly asked to return to a Home Network and kept getting cut off. I managed to connect three computers through Workgroup...
  9. Homegroup/Workgroup Windows 10 and Windows 7

Homegroup/Workgroup Windows 10 and Windows 7: I am trying to network two computers. One has Windows 7 and one, Windows 10. Apparently, Microsoft recently removed Homegroup from Windows 10. Any ideas on how to do this? A simple peer to peer network is all I seek. A temporary solution until our cloud server is up and...
  10. Missing Homegroup connectivity

Missing Homegroup connectivity: I lost my homegroup connection from my Desktop after recent update. How to enable back homegroup. My desktop also running on Win10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/missing-homegroup-connectivity/474bea9e-4d2d-4027-a6be-e98b9da0d671