Windows 10: Homegroup stopped working

Discus and support Homegroup stopped working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I reinstalled Windows 10 on one desktop computer it no longer has homegroup functionality to enable connection with my other 3 computers and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by IanFaulkner1, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Homegroup stopped working

When I reinstalled Windows 10 on one desktop computer it no longer has homegroup functionality to enable connection with my other 3 computers and network printers. The updated computer cannot see the Homegroup network. All computers have internet access but not to my local ethernet network. After hours of frustration,

:)

IanFaulkner1, Oct 17, 2018

2. WIFI working but homegroup stopped working

Hi Kevin,

We'd like to request for additional information regarding your concern. Please answer the following:

• Just to clarify, is the HomeGroup working prior to the update?
    • Which update have you recently installed?
    • Aside from installing the update, have you made other changes to your HomeGroup settings prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    For initial troubleshooting, we suggest running the built-in troubleshooter for HomeGroup.

• On the Search bar, type Troubleshooting.
    • Open the Control Panel from the search result and click View all.
    • Click HomeGroup and follow the on-screen guide.

Homegroup stopped working 4c236897-34e8-4720-8afe-a16ecb26cda0.png

We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Oct 17, 2018
  3. Homegroup Not Working

Hi John,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to urn the HomeGroup troubleshooter by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View all on the top left pane.
    • Click on HomeGroup and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 17, 2018
  4. Homegroup stopped working

Windows 10 Homegroup

Hi Gaffney,

Let us try resolving your concern with leaving the Homegroup. We suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Press Windows Key + R, and enter services.msc; then,
      Enter or click OK.
    • Locate HomeGroup Listener, and double click it to open its
      properties
    • Set the Startup type to Disabled, and click the
      Stop button to stop the service.
    • Click Apply and OK to save changes.
    • Repeat the same steps for HomeGroup Provider service.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Oct 17, 2018
Thema:

Homegroup stopped working

1. Homegroup stopped working - Similar Threads - Homegroup stopped working

2. work around for removal of homegroup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    work around for removal of homegroup: work around for removal of homegroup sharing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/work-around-for-removal-of-homegroup/215a2570-2ae5-4583-91a7-398c8ce0a994
  3. Networking and Homegroups no longer working

Networking and Homegroups no longer working: It seems that over time networking keeps changing and what used to work no longer works. (This is for a home network of two Win 10 and one Win 7). At one point I had a homegroup setup, but I hadn't messed with it for a while and now I don't know the password anymore. I have...
  4. Help with getting Homegroup to work?

Help with getting Homegroup to work?: My desktop has a MS account and my portable is a local account. I have set my desktop with a Homegroup PW and have chosen what I would like to share with my portable (following the forum's instructional video). However, I do not know how to proceed from here in order to get...
  5. Windows 10 Homegroup Not Working

Windows 10 Homegroup Not Working: I have read through many of the posts and there does not seem to one that has a solution that works for me. 2 laptops connected wirelessly. One desktop computer connected via wired Ethernet. All computers are in the same workgroup. All computers can see each other on the...
  6. Homegroups

Homegroups: It is high time to report my experiences with the W10 installation to you. Microsoft pushes all of us to do this before end of June. 1. Do a thorough backup of all your data. 2. If you use the attached file, and invoke it, it does the whole job by itself. You can go...
  7. Homegroup stopped working

Homegroup stopped working: I'm not sure if it's related to the last update or not, but suddenly my homegroup started saying my other PC was offline. So I went and left it and recreated it, and sometimes it'll connect for maybe 5 minutes then disappear again. Also, it's saying almost everytime I try to...
  8. HomeGrouping

HomeGrouping: Hi all...definately need you urgently In 10240 I could network to two other pcs in my home but not after the 1025 upgrade What' the trick please ?*Sad 19423
  9. Homegroup not working correctly

Homegroup not working correctly: hi guys, since Build 10041 the only computer with Win 10 TP is in the homegroup but that computer only shows the 3 other pc's. Changing from "Allow WIndows to manage home group connections" to 'Use user accounts and passwords to connect to other computers" does not...
  10. Homegroup not working. Frustrating !

in Windows 10 Support
    Homegroup not working. Frustrating !: I'm trying to allows my TV and Xbox one to access a folder on my external hard drive using the Homegroup. I have turned Homegroup on, Changed the password, Allowed all the devices on the network to share content, Added my folder on the external HD to the Homegroup....