Windows 10: HomeGroup - The link to "Allow all devices on this network..." is missing

Discus and support HomeGroup - The link to "Allow all devices on this network..." is missing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm trying to set up a HomeGroup to stream media, but the link "Allow all devices on this network such as TVs and game console to play my shared... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Remy237, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Remy237 Win User

HomeGroup - The link to "Allow all devices on this network..." is missing

I'm trying to set up a HomeGroup to stream media, but the link "Allow all devices on this network such as TVs and game console to play my shared content" is not there. How do I get it to show up? I'm on Windows 10 version 1709.

HomeGroup - The link to "Allow all devices on this network..." is missing b39ad5c1-94ad-4401-b5a8-4f80cc6e31fd?upload=true.png

:)

Remy237, Jul 19, 2018

2. HOMEGroup - Network discovery and file sharing

Hi Carol,

The issue you’re experiencing with connecting to the HomeGroup network might be caused by a variety of reasons which we need to find out. We suggest that you run the network troubleshooter. This would automatically detect
    and fix issues that stop you from connecting to your HomeGroup. To run the network troubleshooter, follow the steps below:

• Type Troubleshooting in Search.
    • Click the Network and Internet link.
    • Select HomeGroup.
    • Enter your Administrator credentials if prompted.
    • Run the troubleshooter.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Kristine Arp, Jul 19, 2018
  3. John Vil Win User
    Windows 10 Homegroup and Networking of multiple devices on same network

We appreciate your response. What we suggest next for you is to run the HomeGroup troubleshooter. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Click Windows + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Set View by to Small icons and click on
      Troubleshooting
    • On the left side, select View all.
    • Click on HomeGroup and run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, we suggest you shutdown all the computers on your network and recreate your HomeGroup with your main computer. After recreating the HomeGroup, start each computer up and have each computer join the newly created group.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Jul 19, 2018
  4. HomeGroup - The link to "Allow all devices on this network..." is missing

The "Allow all devices on this network such as TVs and game consoles to play my shared content" text is missing from the Homegroup settings page

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that “Allow all devices on this network such as TVs and game consoles to play my shared content "option is missing on the Home group. We will assist you
    to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know the current build installed on the computer.

Ideally this options can be found easily by:

• Open Home Group by typing homegroup
      in the search box on the taskbar, and then select HomeGroup.
    • Select the settings you want.
    If you are unable to see the option, I suggest you to create yet another Home group and check if the options are present.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17145/windows-homegroup-from-start-to-finish

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

HomeGroup - The link to "Allow all devices on this network..." is missing

1. HomeGroup - The link to "Allow all devices on this network..." is missing - Similar Threads - HomeGroup link Allow

2. Devices missing in network on all computers connected to the network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Devices missing in network on all computers connected to the network: Hello, I got a very strange issue of missing devices connected to the network recently. I had a bunch of computers, NAS's and router-attached drive connected to a home network. They were all visible in the network list in file explore on each of my computers. The computers...
  3. Devices missing in network on all computers connected to the network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Devices missing in network on all computers connected to the network: Hello, I got a very strange issue of missing devices connected to the network recently. I had a bunch of computers, NAS's and router-attached drive connected to a home network. They were all visible in the network list in file explore on each of my computers. The computers...
  4. Homegroup Missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Homegroup Missing: Hi. I have recently install windows 10.0.17134.1. Also to my other colleague's pc. I share my pc and printer over homegroup. So our all staff can access my drive and printer over network.. But This new windows version have a problem. There was no homegroup option in control...
  5. Missing Homegroup connectivity

Missing Homegroup connectivity: I lost my homegroup connection from my Desktop after recent update. How to enable back homegroup. My desktop also running on Win10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/missing-homegroup-connectivity/474bea9e-4d2d-4027-a6be-e98b9da0d671
  6. Homegroup missing

Homegroup missing: Hi, I can no longer find any trace of HomeGroup even when following other suggestions. It seems to be plain missing on my Windows 10. Help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/homegroup-missing/2b44c52e-bab9-4352-b515-da71b66c50ca
  7. Allow only devices that have joined a Homegroup to access shared drive

Allow only devices that have joined a Homegroup to access shared drive: What I'm trying to do doesn't sound complicated but I'm really stumped. I want to set up a home network (a desktop and other tablets/laptops) and set up some of the drives on the Desktop PC (NOT individual folders) as shared which can then be accessed only by my family's...
  8. Homegroup/Networking Problems

Homegroup/Networking Problems: I adopted the Windows 10 preview back before July, did a fresh install and had it working with another PC here at home which was Windows 7 Ultimate x 64. The homegroup worked fine between the two... but after I upgraded the Windows 7 machine, it stopped working. I used the...
  9. Homegroup Control Panel Missing

Homegroup Control Panel Missing: I have had issues with Homegroup before but never this. I can no longer locate the Homegroup option in control panel or by a search. Literally it has disappeared. Any idea how to fix it ? 101492
  10. How I Fixed My Missing Network & Homegroup Computers

How I Fixed My Missing Network & Homegroup Computers: After the Win 10 Threshold 2 Upgrade, many users are having Networking issues, especially not being able to see other PC's on the network in File Explorer's Network panel and Homegroup panel. I have 3 Laptops on my network and encountered this issue and have spent several...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. homegroup link missing

2. allow all devices on this network