Windows 10: homegroup with one Win 7 and one Win 10 computer?

Discus and support homegroup with one Win 7 and one Win 10 computer? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I tried creating a homegroup on a Windows 7 computer. When I try to join it from my Windows 10 computer, it says it detects it, and asks for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mike1127, Jun 16, 2016.

1. mike1127 Win User

homegroup with one Win 7 and one Win 10 computer?

I tried creating a homegroup on a Windows 7 computer. When I try to join it from my Windows 10 computer, it says it detects it, and asks for a password, but suddenly reports that it no longer exists and fails to join it. Any idea why this is, or how to debug it?

:)

mike1127, Jun 16, 2016

2. Can't connect to homegroup with windows 10

One PC with win 7 and one with win 8 were connected via a homegroup. Both updated to win 10 and the homegroup went away. I set up a homegroup on one PC. When the other PC goes to HOMEGROUP to join it, it says "There is currently no homegroup on the network".
    What should I do to get the second PC to see the homegroup so it can join?

dinosaurXU, Jun 16, 2016
  3. Windows 10 not recognizing existing homegroup

All but one were running Windows 10, the other one Windows 7. There's no difference in Homegroup functionality between Win 10 and Win 7.

Hope my solution helps you. homegroup with one Win 7 and one Win 10 computer? :)

digitalfutur, Jun 16, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Homegroup has never worked perfect. There is really no way to debug Homegroup issues, other than to stop using it and use normal Network shares.

bro67, Jun 17, 2016
  5. mike1127 Win User
    Oh, I didn't know there was another good way of sharing items on a local network. Okay I'll learn how to do that.
    Mike

mike1127, Jun 17, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    Network sharing has always been the way to go.

Home Group was Microsoft's dream about sharing Libraries, which are nothing more than a shortcut to those folders that are named the same.

Microsoft sales saw it as a easy way for as they saw in their eyes, everyone is ignorant and does not have a clue about computers.

Just remember that Network sharing does require knowing the username on the other computer,for who that folder is assigned to in permissions.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. homegroup with one Win 7 and one Win 10 computer? - Similar Threads - homegroup computer

2. TCP and UDP port no used by homegroup computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TCP and UDP port no used by homegroup computers: A. TCP 3587 UDP 3389B. TCP 3587 UDP 3540C. TCP 3389 UDP 3540D. TCP 80 UDP 3540 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tcp-and-udp-port-no-used-by-homegroup-computers/47a6498a-4c37-43c1-9806-2f334441aa17
  3. TCP and UDP port no used by homegroup computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TCP and UDP port no used by homegroup computers: A. TCP 3587 UDP 3389B. TCP 3587 UDP 3540C. TCP 3389 UDP 3540D. TCP 80 UDP 3540 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tcp-and-udp-port-no-used-by-homegroup-computers/47a6498a-4c37-43c1-9806-2f334441aa17
  4. TCP and UDP port no used by homegroup computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Why is Roaming Running on a Homegroup Computer???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Roaming Running on a Homegroup Computer???: My understanding of roaming is that it enables data to be transferred via the network, so that data will be the same on all devices used. However, my computer is a Homegroup computer, and I do not use multiple devices. Therefore, I am assuming I have no use for the roaming...
  6. Why is Roaming Running on a Homegroup Computer???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Roaming Running on a Homegroup Computer???: My understanding of roaming is that it enables data to be transferred via the network, so that data will be the same on all devices used. However, my computer is a Homegroup computer, and I do not use multiple devices. Therefore, I am assuming I have no use for the roaming...
  7. Why is Roaming Running on a Homegroup Computer???

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. How do I join a windows 7 homegroup from a windows 10 computer?

How do I join a windows 7 homegroup from a windows 10 computer?: I am trying to network a new computer windows 10 into main computer which is operating windows 7. There is a HOMEGROUP established on the main computer Windows 7. How do I go about doing this? Thanks!...
  9. How do I network my Windows10 computers without homegroup in Ver1803

How do I network my Windows10 computers without homegroup in Ver1803: Shame on Microsoft for removing Homegroup from Windows 10 computers. My 3 Windows 7 computers work fine with Homegroup. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-network-my-windows10-computers-without/99c0aa5a-bf8e-4450-ad35-e239192402fc
  10. Talking to a Win 7 computer with homegroup gone

Talking to a Win 7 computer with homegroup gone: I share my printer with my wife. She has the printer on her computer, running Win 7 because Win 10 didn't work well on her computer. I am running Win 10 (would go back to 7 if I could, this thing takes forever to boot up). How do I get access to the printer on her computer?...