Windows 10: Homegroup won't recognize Windows 7/Windows 10 connection

Discus and support Homegroup won't recognize Windows 7/Windows 10 connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had two windows 7 machines connected. Machine 1 was replaced with a windows 10 model. It is the machine that the printer was connected to. Now the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sarahaveryMP, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Homegroup won't recognize Windows 7/Windows 10 connection

I had two windows 7 machines connected. Machine 1 was replaced with a windows 10 model. It is the machine that the printer was connected to. Now the homegroup function seems not to recognize the other machine, Machine 2. I've tried connecting from each machine and the other machine is not recognized. I deleted the network and tried connecting in the other direction. Not recognized. I currently cannot print from Machine 2 because there is no local home network. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to make it work?

:)

sarahaveryMP, Oct 2, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 2, 2018
  3. Windows 7 Homegroup and Library Question

Hello all,

i am currently using windows 7 and using the Homegroup to share music and videos with the family.

the problem that i am having with it however is that whenever i add new content to the folder it does not share these in the homegroup, i have to go through and reshare every file that i add, easy enough for videos, but when music gets put into folders by artist and album it gets to be kinda crazy to make sure it gets added.

is there a way to automate this process so that when it gets into the folder it is shared?

Thanks in Advance

Raymond

Darth_Pewee, Oct 2, 2018
  4. Homegroup won't recognize Windows 7/Windows 10 connection

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

Homegroup won't recognize Windows 7/Windows 10 connection

1. Homegroup won't recognize Windows 7/Windows 10 connection - Similar Threads - Homegroup won't recognize

2. Windows 10 won't recognize Windows 7 backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 won't recognize Windows 7 backup: Good day, I recently bought a new Dell PC with Windows 10 pre-installed. I have a 12 year old PC with Windows 7. On my old PC I made a backup to my WD-HDD. Unfortunately for me, Windows 10 on my new PC won't recognize my WD-HDD with the backup in backup and restore Windows...
  3. Windows 10 won't connect to Win 7 homegroup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 won't connect to Win 7 homegroup: I just got a new HP desktop running win 10. I already have a local network with two laptops running win 10 and one desktop running win 7. The win 7 pc serves as my media server and has a homegroup enabled with sharing. My new PC recognizes the win 7 pc on the network but I...
  4. How to homegroup network windows 10 & Windows 7

How to homegroup network windows 10 & Windows 7: How to accomplish this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-homegroup-network-windows-10-windows-7/744df7f1-67db-4bb6-a3e6-a9a04ed360fd
  5. Adding Windows 10 computer to Homegroup of Windows 7

Adding Windows 10 computer to Homegroup of Windows 7: I have 2 windows 7 computers connected using Homegroup for long time. Now i got a new Windows 10 computer. How to connect the Windows 10 computer to the existing network....
  6. Windows 10: How to join an existing Windows 7 Homegroup

Windows 10: How to join an existing Windows 7 Homegroup: I'm sure this has come up dozens of times but every time I search for an answer, the advice simply says "just use the Homegroup utility" that came with Windows 10. That's all well and good but now that Microsoft has seen fit to delete the Homegroup wizard/utility in the...
  7. Homegroup/Workgroup Windows 10 and Windows 7

Homegroup/Workgroup Windows 10 and Windows 7: I am trying to network two computers. One has Windows 7 and one, Windows 10. Apparently, Microsoft recently removed Homegroup from Windows 10. Any ideas on how to do this? A simple peer to peer network is all I seek. A temporary solution until our cloud server is up and...
  8. Windows 7, Windows 10 and NAS connectivity - Homegroup setup

Windows 7, Windows 10 and NAS connectivity - Homegroup setup: Hi all At the moment I have my main PC (Main) upgraded to Win 10 Pro x64 , and a Media PC (Media) on Win 7 Ultimate x64(Media) and a variety of Netgear and Buffalo NAS devices. These are currently all networked via a Workgroup with no problems. Issue: To use Cortana on...
  9. Windows 10 Won't Recognize Ethernet Connection

Windows 10 Won't Recognize Ethernet Connection: Hello everyone, I bought my brand new HP laptop today and have just begun setting it up. This is a brand new laptop running Windows 10. I tried to connect my working Ethernet cable to the computer and it won't recognize it at all. I have tried turning off Wifi, downloading...
  10. Windows 10 Joining A Windows 7 HomeGroup

Windows 10 Joining A Windows 7 HomeGroup: So I am on Windows 10 now. Was on Windows 7 ultimate prior to upgrading. I have my NAS setup on my router upstairs but every so often it gets knocked offline (Not sure if that's the drive or network issue) but I was wondering if there was an easy way to join the homegroup...