Windows 10: Homegroup/Workgroup Windows 10 and Windows 7

Discus and support Homegroup/Workgroup Windows 10 and Windows 7 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to network two computers. One has Windows 7 and one, Windows 10. Apparently, Microsoft recently removed Homegroup from Windows 10. Any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SAlkema, Sep 24, 2018.

1. SAlkema Win User

Homegroup/Workgroup Windows 10 and Windows 7

I am trying to network two computers. One has Windows 7 and one, Windows 10. Apparently, Microsoft recently removed Homegroup from Windows 10. Any ideas on how to do this? A simple peer to peer network is all I seek. A temporary solution until our cloud server is up and going! Thank you.

:)

SAlkema, Sep 24, 2018

2. WINDOWS 10 HOMEGROUPS AND WORKGROUPS

Major problems with my Homegroup when I upgraded to Windows 10. I've tried to delete all references to the old homegroup, but the PC initially tells me there is still a homegroup on the laptop then can't find it (they show as networked and sharing computers).
    The laptop also says there's a Homegroup on itself but can't connect. I really want to get rid of the remanants of the old Homegroup and create another one or to create a Workgroup (apparently these are different), but I can't find the Windows 10 process.

The Homegroup tab in Control panel is useless!

Can anyone help to:

1. Delete all Homegroup remnants of the 2computers.

2. Either create an absolutely new Homegroup or a Workgroup.

Grateful for any replies.

oldloggie1, Sep 24, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 24, 2018
  4. Homegroup/Workgroup Windows 10 and Windows 7

Windows 7 Homegroup and Library Question

Hello all,

i am currently using windows 7 and using the Homegroup to share music and videos with the family.

the problem that i am having with it however is that whenever i add new content to the folder it does not share these in the homegroup, i have to go through and reshare every file that i add, easy enough for videos, but when music gets put into folders by artist and album it gets to be kinda crazy to make sure it gets added.

is there a way to automate this process so that when it gets into the folder it is shared?

Thanks in Advance

Raymond

Darth_Pewee, Sep 24, 2018
Thema:

Homegroup/Workgroup Windows 10 and Windows 7

1. Homegroup/Workgroup Windows 10 and Windows 7 - Similar Threads - Homegroup Workgroup

2. I have installed the HomeGroup since Win7 up to now on win11. I need to recover the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have installed the HomeGroup since Win7 up to now on win11. I need to recover the...: I have installed the HomeGroup since Win7 up to now on win11. I need to recover the password however, when accessing network thru control panel no icon for homegroup to click...
  3. I have installed the HomeGroup since Win7 up to now on win11. I need to recover the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have installed the HomeGroup since Win7 up to now on win11. I need to recover the...: I have installed the HomeGroup since Win7 up to now on win11. I need to recover the password however, when accessing network thru control panel no icon for homegroup to click...
  4. Prevent file from Deleteion in homegroup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Prevent file from Deleteion in homegroup: I am using windows 10 and shared some importartent folder in homegroup my files getting deleted accidentaly without any warning to confirm delete and i am not able to find in recyle bin also.I tried to create advance permission to protect a file from deletion, go to Security...
  5. Homegroup seems to be missing from windows 10, so how to connect PC1 workgroup with PC2...

Homegroup seems to be missing from windows 10, so how to connect PC1 workgroup with PC2...: Homegroup seems to be missing from windows 10, so the how to connect PC1 workgroup with PC2 workgroup/homegroup. All online info is bad waste of time. Ought to work as before, but stuck on network credentials with little more than circular arguments. All setting...
  6. Windows 10 Networking after Homegroup Removed and Workgroup Added

Windows 10 Networking after Homegroup Removed and Workgroup Added: I cannot connect my laptop and desktop after the Windows 10 update. I can see the computers on the network but it keeps giving me an error that I don't have permission and to check with my Administrator. I am the administrator. I don't know how to resolve this issue. Can...
  7. How do I fully disable Workgroups (Not Homegroups)

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I fully disable Workgroups (Not Homegroups): Hi, I would like to know how to disable Workgroups as much as possible as I find them annoying and I do not need the feature at all. I have already searched the internet for answers but I only find ways to disable Homegroups which I want to disable Workgroups and not...
  8. Workgroup/homegroup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Workgroup/homegroup: I have a laptop here that's in a "workgroup" I can not activate my upgrade of windows 10, how do I remove workgroup???? any article I find really SEEMS TO DETAILED, FOR MY LEVEL OF EXPERIENCE! FEEL ME? help?...
  9. Homegroup vs Workgroup

Homegroup vs Workgroup: Last year I did some testing with three computers linked through a Switch and Ethernet CAT6 cables. I didn't have much luck with Homegroups and was constantly asked to return to a Home Network and kept getting cut off. I managed to connect three computers through Workgroup...
  10. Do I need a "workgroup", a "domain", a "homegroup" or what?

Do I need a "workgroup", a "domain", a "homegroup" or what?: Hello - I have two Windows 10 Pro (x64) PCs in a home/small office environment. - They are on the same Ethernet network. i.e. They are connected to a Negear N600 Wireless Modem Router. - There is a printer on the same network that I want both PCs to be able to use...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. workgroup windows 10 to windows 7

2. windows 7 & 10 shearing file issue om workgroup