Windows 10: homegroup

Discus and support homegroup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Homegroup has disappeared https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/homegroup/3026f692-4c87-4c5d-b6b6-4bce30fe96a4 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lsarro, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Lsarro Win User

homegroup

Homegroup has disappeared

:)

Lsarro, Sep 9, 2018

2. create a homegroup

Hi Frankievan,

This issue logging in or joining HomeGroup could have happened due to administrator settings. To resolve your issue, we would like to know more about the issue by asking the following questions below:

• Are you the administrator of the HomeGroup network?
    • Have you taken or completed any troubleshooting steps?

If you are the administrator, we suggest that you check the settings of your HomeGroup network. You can follow the steps provided in this

article
    to check if there is something wrong with the settings.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Anthony Gal, Sep 9, 2018
  3. Homegroup connectivity problem

We appreciate your detailed response. Damaged system components is one of the possible reasons why you are experiencing issues with saving files from your laptop to your desktop using the HomeGroup. For initial troubleshooting, we suggest running the automated
    troubleshooter for HomeGroup issues.

To run the HomeGroup troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key + X and then choose Control Panel.
    • Click on Network and Internet.
    • Select HomeGroup and then click Start the HomeGroup troubleshooter.
    • Click the Next button and then click on Skip this step.
    • Wait for the troubleshooter to finish the process.
    • Restart the computer after running the troubleshooter.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Update us about the results.

Darleen Pen, Sep 9, 2018
  4. homegroup

Homegroup Not Working

Hi John,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to urn the HomeGroup troubleshooter by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View all on the top left pane.
    • Click on HomeGroup and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

homegroup

1. homegroup - Similar Threads - homegroup

2. Homegroup missing.....what now??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Homegroup missing.....what now??: Hi from UK Just updated to latest 1809 ver. and noticed Homegroup missing! (Last time I used it was ayear ago...I should add) I have 2 PCs at home...and wish to read/write/transfer data between them....with full permission to do as I wish!! What are my options now...
  3. Latest 1809 update today....HOMEGROUP missing Win10 Pro....

Latest 1809 update today....HOMEGROUP missing Win10 Pro....: As it says on the tin... Latest 1809 update today....HOMEGROUP missing Win10 Pro.... Last time I ran a Homegroup was around 1 year ago....so don't know when Homegroup went missing from Control Panel... *Sad 128514
  4. Talking to a Win 7 computer with homegroup gone

Talking to a Win 7 computer with homegroup gone: I share my printer with my wife. She has the printer on her computer, running Win 7 because Win 10 didn't work well on her computer. I am running Win 10 (would go back to 7 if I could, this thing takes forever to boot up). How do I get access to the printer on her computer?...
  5. Homegroup Windows 10 Where is it?

Homegroup Windows 10 Where is it?: For the life of me I cannot find the Homegroup in "Network" or anywhere. Why is this so difficult to find? All I want to do is share a picture for a new user that I just created so that hey can add that picture onto their profile when they sign in, I don't want to waste...
  6. windows 10 file sharing without homegroup? (since they removed it)

windows 10 file sharing without homegroup? (since they removed it): since they removed the homegroup i am having MUCH difficulty sharing files between my 2 computers and my laptop. it seems if one can see one, it cant see the other, or non can see any. sometimes it asks me for a password even tho ive never set one up on my home computers,...
  7. Why the complications? Homegroup no longer available in Windows 10!!!!!!!!!! Are Microsoft...

Why the complications? Homegroup no longer available in Windows 10!!!!!!!!!! Are Microsoft...: In windows 7 I used homegroup to connect to one single network, thereby having easy access between computers. In Windows 10 this is no longer available! Having tried for the past month or so to connect my computers, I am seriously considering reverting to Windows 7, unless...
  8. How can I connect Windows10 Pro to a Windows 7 Homegroup?

How can I connect Windows10 Pro to a Windows 7 Homegroup?: I have the latest version of Windows 10 pro and I need to connect to a Windows 7 Homegroup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-connect-windows10-pro-to-a-windows-7/69fce76a-a1cf-410c-b324-7cd35115e188
  9. How to network Win10 to win7 with no homegroup in win 10 now?

How to network Win10 to win7 with no homegroup in win 10 now?: Sorry if this is common but I upgraded a machine to win10 yesterday and I want to transfer over my files from my win7 unit. Home group is talked about a lot in the tutorials on the web but seemingly in a recent upgrade that is no longer an option in win10. So can some...
  10. Cant play lan games since HomeGroup feature gone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant play lan games since HomeGroup feature gone: So my friend and i recently updated our windows to the latest version .. we hooked up my router as usually and tried to play a Lan game but we couldn't find each other... so I figured we have to set up the homegroup thingy again . turns out theres no more homegroup .. okay...