Windows 10: Hook up of 2 monitor to laptop

Discus and support Hook up of 2 monitor to laptop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have an HP laptop running windows 10. I want to hook up an HP monitor to run as a second screen for work. The monitor came with a high speed USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kayt971, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Kayt971 Win User

Hook up of 2 monitor to laptop

I have an HP laptop running windows 10. I want to hook up an HP monitor to run as a second screen for work. The monitor came with a high speed USB cable. When I plug it into the laptop the screen on the monitor lights up with the HP logo and then goes black. When I do get it to stay on, I can only get the same screen currently on my laptop, not the second window I want opened.

How do I fix this?

:)

Kayt971, Sep 17, 2018
  2. AmandaBP Win User

Dual Monitors hooked to a laptop

I've got a Windows 10 laptop which is convertible to a tablet. Specifically, you can turn the screen around and lay it down for note taking in class. What I'm trying to do is hook the laptop to a dual monitor setup. Every time my computer is put into the
    tablet mode it will not put an image out onto my dual monitors, then I have to reconfigure the display settings. I just want to know how to have it automatically detect my dual monitors being plugged in and to display the image on the monitors whether the
    lid is open, closed, or in tablet mode.

AmandaBP, Sep 17, 2018
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    hooking up a monitor to mt dell laptop - windows 10

Hi Cheryl,

There are several modes that you can choose from when using a multi-monitor setup. Configuration is simple, as long as you follow these steps:

• Connect the monitor to your laptop using the appropriate cable (HDMI, DVI, or VGA, depending on the device).
    • Make sure the monitor is turned on, which is usually indicated by a glowing power button.
    • Press the Windows key and P at the same time on your keyboard.
    • Choose Duplicate if you want your monitor to show what's being shown on your laptop screen.
    • Choose Extend if you want an additional monitor to work on while having an active laptop screen.
    • Choose Second screen only if you want to use the monitor instead of your laptop screen.

Let us know if you have any other concerns about using your computer.

Yolvi Ell, Sep 17, 2018
  4. SueSmith5 Win User

Hooked up mouse, keyboard and monitor to laptop

I hooked a mouse, keyboard and monitor to my laptop. When I am using the mouse on the external monitor after a while the arrow cursor changes to ziggy line. In order to change it back to a regular cursor I have to restart. Is there another way to correct
    this situation.

SueSmith5, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

1. Hook up of 2 monitor to laptop - Similar Threads - Hook monitor laptop

2. Hooking up dual monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Hooking up dual monitors: System Windows 10 Home 64 bit I'm trying to hook dual monitors to my system. One monitor is a reasonably new BenQ hooked to the desktop with an HDMI cable. The other monitor is a an older Acer hooked to the desktop with a VGA cable. Setup works except for one problem. I want...
  3. how do you hook up 2 monitors to one pc desktop ,the pc just has a vga hook up.

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do you hook up 2 monitors to one pc desktop ,the pc just has a vga hook up.: how can i connect 2 monitors to one pc desktop, the pc just has a vga connection. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-hook-up-2-monitors-to-one-pc-desktop/d2e475c8-f660-4842-9db9-88b74f14da11
  4. Issue hooking up a 2nd monitor to my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issue hooking up a 2nd monitor to my laptop: I have a 2nd monitor connected to my laptop via VGA or Serial cable not sure which it is. I have all of the settings correctly input, but the extended screen will not show up on both monitors laptop/secondary. It will only show on one or the other. Is there a patch or...
  5. speaker hook up

in Windows 10 Customization
    speaker hook up: I tried hooking up my speakers after having to move my system. They are not working. I have the connect wire into my tower. The speaker does not come on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-hook-up/e5db43f0-44ca-4558-b503-e7236bdea2bc
  6. Hook up monitor and TV from desktop

Hook up monitor and TV from desktop: I can hook up my monitor or my tv individually. I can not get both to work at the same time. I have updated all software. I checked with NVIDIA and they say that this card should do both at the same time. I have windows 10....
  7. camera hook up

camera hook up: How do I hook up a RNTW-MN21A camera? I have no instruction booklet/disk/etc. . Just the camera and dsl box/wiring. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-hook-up/689cc5d2-ad7f-4960-b3db-3bf6a50a2900
  8. cant get 2nd monitor to hook up to my laptop

cant get 2nd monitor to hook up to my laptop: having all kinds of troubles https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-2nd-monitor-to-hook-up-to-my-laptop/0adba07c-4cc9-4727-a0a6-32fa7db948ac
  9. 2 Monitor up with Laptop - cutoff 2nd Monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    2 Monitor up with Laptop - cutoff 2nd Monitor: Hi, I have a new set-up with my laptop and 2 monitors/screens. I have managed to get everything working although the right monito is cut-off where I can only see half the taskbar. The view on my laptop is fine, although I keep it closed and just use the two monitors. Both...
  10. 2 Monitor up with Laptop - right monitor cutoff

in Windows 10 Support
    2 Monitor up with Laptop - right monitor cutoff: Hi, I have a new set-up with my laptop and 2 monitors/screens. I have managed to get everything working although the right monito is cut-off where I can only see half the taskbar. The view on my laptop is fine, although I keep it closed and just use the two monitors. Both...