Windows 10: Hooking Up Speakers

Discus and support Hooking Up Speakers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I was hooking up some old external speakers to my newer laptop. the old external speakers has a green jack which I think is a audio line-in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Zeromous, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Zeromous Win User

Hooking Up Speakers

Hi,

I was hooking up some old external speakers to my newer laptop. the old external speakers has a green jack which I think is a audio line-in cable? My laptop doesn't have line-in or line-out jacks. Instead it has a microphone and headphone jack.

I can sort of hook the green jack into headphone jack, it plays but it doesn't fit all the way inside.

Would this damage my laptop or the speakers in any way?

Thanks

:)

Zeromous, Feb 11, 2016

2. Sound is not working with Windows 10

The speakers are on. They are marked as connected. But the card doesen't seem to be hooked up .

RobertNelson 910, Feb 11, 2016
  3. audio is not working

after I upgraded to Windows 10, I lost the audio. I hooked up 3 different speakers, and got no sound. I followed instructions to find and fix it,there is a static from the speakers.,so the connection is good. then while trying to find ways to fix the audio,,I
    got a message telling me that the speakers were not hooked up,what do I do??

stormin norman 505, Feb 11, 2016
  4. RolandJS Win User

Hooking Up Speakers

As long as you don't force the plug beyond its first stopping point, you should be ok.

RolandJS, Feb 11, 2016
  5. Or you can go to Maplins which is a computer outlet and get a USB adapter with mic and headphone jack outlet.
    I brought one the other week it works well or if you just want for your speaker they do one with a single outlet or you can get them from e-bay or Amazon

hTconeM9user, Feb 12, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    +1 +1 +1.

Just adding .......................
    Assuming your laptop is Bluetooth capable.........
    I don't know if you care to spend some money.
    If you are in the position to invest for a new external speaker, I would like you to consider buying a wireless/Bluetooth ext. speaker.
    I bought one about $80 Canadian, and it works great, but depending on what type of music you play, it won't bring the house down though.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Hooking Up Speakers

1. Hooking Up Speakers - Similar Threads - Hooking Speakers

2. Hooking up the computer to the tv

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hooking up the computer to the tv: I just got a new Acer Computer with an HDMI port. Question #1. On my tv does it matter which HDMI I use, like the one marked out? Now that it's hooked up what I see is my desktop background picture and in the lower left is the taskbar. I can hover over a browser and, in this...
  3. hook up device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hook up device: i am trying to add bluetooth in order to add scores for a game i am playing, but am told I need a device. I followed all instructions, but they say "cannoct connect" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hook-up-device/f5b7f37c-b5e9-4009-9d75-e153d3be094d
  4. Hook up monitor and TV from desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hook up monitor and TV from desktop: I can hook up my monitor or my tv individually. I can not get both to work at the same time. I have updated all software. I checked with NVIDIA and they say that this card should do both at the same time. I have windows 10....
  5. EZ Macros не работает на Windows 10, при записи макроса выдает ошибку "Unable to set the hook"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    EZ Macros не работает на Windows 10, при записи макроса выдает ошибку "Unable to set the hook": EZ Macros не работает на Windows 10, при записи макроса выдает ошибку "Невозможно установить хук" Обсуждение этой темы уже было но небыло выявлено ни одного решения...
  6. hopw do I hook up a amazon fire stick into a xbox 360

hopw do I hook up a amazon fire stick into a xbox 360: how do I hook up a amazon fire stick into a xbox 360 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hopw-do-i-hook-up-a-amazon-fire-stick-into-a-xbox/4f34eb17-a05b-4624-8306-8c2b5273f6dc
  7. Windows security "ANTISPAM HOOK LAUNCHER"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows security "ANTISPAM HOOK LAUNCHER": At every startup a smaller pop-up appears from Windows Security saying "ANTISPAM HOOK LAUNCHER" WITH MY E ADDRESS, ASKING FOR THE PASSWORD. Is this another scam or legit?...
  8. Sound or Audio does not work. How do I hook this back up?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sound or Audio does not work. How do I hook this back up?: how do I repair the audio or sound in my Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/sound-or-audio-does-not-work-how-do-i-hook-this/e04d24f8-79ea-4af1-b12b-3628f5507abd
  9. Antispam OE Hook Launcher

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Antispam OE Hook Launcher: Dear All i would like to know if it is normal to have a pop up always asking to enter my email password ? the pop up is entitled " widows security" Antispam OE Hook Launcher then askes for the password credentials of my office365 email. thank you in advance...
  10. Sound not coming from computer speakers when hooked up to TV?

Sound not coming from computer speakers when hooked up to TV?: So after my problems with my Altec Lansing speakers (detailed on another thread) I decided to bite the bullet and just buy new speakers. Except that now there is a problem with that too. *Sad I have a HDMI cable attached to my laptop so that I can use my TV as a second...