Windows 10: Hooking Up Speakers

Discus and support Hooking Up Speakers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I was hooking up some old external speakers to my newer laptop. the old external speakers has a green jack which I think is a audio line-in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Zeromous, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Zeromous Win User

Hooking Up Speakers

Hi,

I was hooking up some old external speakers to my newer laptop. the old external speakers has a green jack which I think is a audio line-in cable? My laptop doesn't have line-in or line-out jacks. Instead it has a microphone and headphone jack.

I can sort of hook the green jack into headphone jack, it plays but it doesn't fit all the way inside.

Would this damage my laptop or the speakers in any way?

Thanks

:)

Zeromous, Feb 11, 2016

2. Sound is not working with Windows 10

The speakers are on. They are marked as connected. But the card doesen't seem to be hooked up .

RobertNelson 910, Feb 11, 2016
  3. audio is not working

after I upgraded to Windows 10, I lost the audio. I hooked up 3 different speakers, and got no sound. I followed instructions to find and fix it,there is a static from the speakers.,so the connection is good. then while trying to find ways to fix the audio,,I
    got a message telling me that the speakers were not hooked up,what do I do??

stormin norman 505, Feb 11, 2016
  4. RolandJS Win User

Hooking Up Speakers

As long as you don't force the plug beyond its first stopping point, you should be ok.

RolandJS, Feb 11, 2016
  5. Or you can go to Maplins which is a computer outlet and get a USB adapter with mic and headphone jack outlet.
    I brought one the other week it works well or if you just want for your speaker they do one with a single outlet or you can get them from e-bay or Amazon

hTconeM9user, Feb 12, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    +1 +1 +1.

Just adding .......................
    Assuming your laptop is Bluetooth capable.........
    I don't know if you care to spend some money.
    If you are in the position to invest for a new external speaker, I would like you to consider buying a wireless/Bluetooth ext. speaker.
    I bought one about $80 Canadian, and it works great, but depending on what type of music you play, it won't bring the house down though.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Hooking Up Speakers

1. Hooking Up Speakers - Similar Threads - Hooking Speakers

2. Accessing document files from SSD hooked to a USB attachment?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accessing document files from SSD hooked to a USB attachment?: I've been using this SSD for some time now and I have over 300GB of important documents, videos, and photos I need access to but it will show me contents in any other folder. I've tried to every other way, even trying to boot from it even when it used to boot it wouldn't...
  3. Accessing document files from SSD hooked to a USB attachment?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accessing document files from SSD hooked to a USB attachment?: I've been using this SSD for some time now and I have over 300GB of important documents, videos, and photos I need access to but it will show me contents in any other folder. I've tried to every other way, even trying to boot from it even when it used to boot it wouldn't...
  4. I have an hard drive from my desktop pc, when I try to hook it up to my laptop, the hard...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have an hard drive from my desktop pc, when I try to hook it up to my laptop, the hard...: My desktop pc crashed, I took the hard drive out to try to save my media. It shows no media and doesn't show up as a drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-an-hard-drive-from-my-desktop-pc-when-i-try/1846fbc7-f7c8-470e-ad53-f1359689c60a
  5. I have an hard drive from my desktop pc, when I try to hook it up to my laptop, the hard...

I have an hard drive from my desktop pc, when I try to hook it up to my laptop, the hard...: My desktop pc crashed, I took the hard drive out to try to save my media. It shows no media and doesn't show up as a drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-an-hard-drive-from-my-desktop-pc-when-i-try/1846fbc7-f7c8-470e-ad53-f1359689c60a
  6. Why won't my new Lenovo Laptop hook up and print on my Brother HL-5250DN?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't my new Lenovo Laptop hook up and print on my Brother HL-5250DN?: I can print to my Epson Workforce 2540 over the local network but NOT TO my Brother HL-5250DN.I have tried to install drivers and that doesn't work. This is a PAIN!!...
  7. Why won't my new Lenovo Laptop hook up and print on my Brother HL-5250DN?

Why won't my new Lenovo Laptop hook up and print on my Brother HL-5250DN?: I can print to my Epson Workforce 2540 over the local network but NOT TO my Brother HL-5250DN.I have tried to install drivers and that doesn't work. This is a PAIN!!...
  8. Internal speaker stoped working / shows no speaker hooked up.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal speaker stoped working / shows no speaker hooked up.: I have a1 year old HP Envy all in one 27" computer. I am not sure when, but there is no longer a connection to the internal audio speaker. I can only connect to a Bluetooth speaker. I went through all the recommended updates. when I look at sound settings, the choose...
  9. speaker hook up

in Windows 10 Customization
    speaker hook up: I tried hooking up my speakers after having to move my system. They are not working. I have the connect wire into my tower. The speaker does not come on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-hook-up/e5db43f0-44ca-4558-b503-e7236bdea2bc
  10. Sound not coming from computer speakers when hooked up to TV?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound not coming from computer speakers when hooked up to TV?: So after my problems with my Altec Lansing speakers (detailed on another thread) I decided to bite the bullet and just buy new speakers. Except that now there is a problem with that too. *Sad I have a HDMI cable attached to my laptop so that I can use my TV as a second...