Windows 10: Hope I didn't 'Brick' my PC!

Discus and support Hope I didn't 'Brick' my PC! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I think I've DONE it this time!*Redface Don't really want to discuss it but I might need some help! *Sick 3117 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Edwin, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Edwin New Member

Hope I didn't 'Brick' my PC!

I think I've DONE it this time!*Redface
    Don't really want to discuss it but I might need some help! *Sick

:)

Edwin, Nov 30, 2014

2. Windows Store not working on Windows 10

Yeah pretty much every app on my pc was bricked by the last update, now Microsoft is playing their usual we didn't break anything with our update game.

CorbyJohnson, Nov 30, 2014
  3. 6G177C Win User
    WIN10 stalled for over 12 hours doing "Configuring update for WIN10 ... 55% complete... do not turn off computer" .. what to do??

Mine stalled at 32% 16 hours ago and is still at 32% right now. Mine is a desktop, but didn't want to force power down and completely brick my PC, which I barely purchased at the beginning of the year.

6G177C, Nov 30, 2014
  4. Edwin New Member

Too embarrassed to say! *Redface

... aside from the fact that it had to do with a custom build! *Sad

Whew! Glad to be back, but I had to wipe all my disks, and lost my dynamic disk.
    "Windows cannot complete the installation on this hardware" was the prompt every time.

Ain't doin that again!!!

Nice to have a fresh install on fresh disks though! *Smile

(Don't feel like installing the other 3 OS's though!)

I think I learned a few things today!

Edwin, Nov 30, 2014
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    No pain no gain??

BunnyJ, Nov 30, 2014
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Well, at least you got it back up and running though. *Smile

Brink, Nov 30, 2014
  7. Edwin New Member
    Yeah, it was weird though.
    It completely 'jiggered' 3 partitions over 2 disks and destroyed all the boot resources.
    I got lucky and clean installed over top of Windows 7 on disk 3.
    A whole bunch of stuff got re-arranged in a weird way!

Edwin, Nov 30, 2014
  8. LittleJay Win User

Good to hear you are back up and running! But out of curiosity, you couldn't restore a system image instead of clean installing?

LittleJay, Nov 30, 2014
  9. Edwin New Member
    Tried that too, but came back with: "unable to find disk with proper image", or something like that.
    I should've taken screenshots of all the malarkey but I was too busy freakin out! *Wink

BTW: the new 'Media Creation Tool' iso works fine but now I have a new friend:

Hope I didn't 'Brick' my PC! [​IMG]
    ???

Edwin, Nov 30, 2014
  10. dencal Win User
    Tried that too, but came back with: "unable to find disk with proper image", or something like that.
    I should've taken screenshots of all the malarkey but I was too busy freakin out! *Wink

BTW: the new 'Media Creation Tool' iso works fine but now I have a new friend:

??? ???...Optional download in W8.1

dencal, Nov 30, 2014
  11. Edwin New Member
    What a royal P·I·T·A! Still tweakin 2 OS's!
    Curiosity darn near killed this cat! *Biggrin

Edwin, Nov 30, 2014
  12. Chuck38 Win User
    And now I'm really curious to know what you did to your computer! *Wink

Chuck38, Nov 30, 2014
  13. Barman58 Win User

Perhaps he painted it pink and covered it in Hello Kitty stickers *Tongue

If so there's always a chance to add accesories

*Wink

Barman58, Nov 30, 2014
  14. Edwin New Member
    *Roflmao2*Roflmao2*Roflmao2

Edwin, Nov 30, 2014
  15. Edwin New Member
    I'm still tryin to figure that out myself! *Wink

Edwin, Nov 30, 2014
Thema:

1. Hope I didn't 'Brick' my PC! - Similar Threads - Hope didn't 'Brick'

2. Is my PC bricked?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is my PC bricked?: Hi I’m running Win10 on my hp laptop. I’ve had since 2019 It recently updated but the update caused problems. Crashes, unplayable video etc. I went to restore the system to before the update but forgot to plug in the computer and system restore failed due to battery death....
  3. Is my PC bricked?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is my PC bricked?: Hi I’m running Win10 on my hp laptop. I’ve had since 2019 It recently updated but the update caused problems. Crashes, unplayable video etc. I went to restore the system to before the update but forgot to plug in the computer and system restore failed due to battery death....
  4. Is my PC bricked?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. im scared of bricking my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    im scared of bricking my pc: I can't help but just panic everytime i do the smallest update because i always think there's gonna be a power outage. I don't have a UPS so no way im getting 22H2 now, can anyone help me to not be scared of updates?...
  6. i just bricked my pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    i just bricked my pc: I had an issue that started happening only a day ago. I'm not super tech literate and I got frustrated when all of my apps kept crashing. I figured out that it was a weird windows update error. I installed the update and it cause my D: drive to not be recognized, so I did...
  7. Is my PC bricked?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is my PC bricked?: So... I wanted to reset my PC, because I was going to sell it, and I decided to reset to factory settings. During the process, the power cut out, after power came back, I turned the PC on, and it kept showing that nothing was reset. After restarting, I tried to reset once...
  8. How did I brick my pc?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How did I brick my pc?: I recently downloaded windowsblinds and uninstalled classic shell. Both before restarting my computer when i restarted, my screen was black and my desktop wouldnt load. When i managed to do a rollback and redid it, it basically bricked my pc. It gives me an endless...
  9. I Hope, I Hope, I Hope, . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    I Hope, I Hope, I Hope, . . .: I'm running Windows 10 Pro . . . I have a question, that may be impossible. But, would sure be nice. I accidentally copied files, over the same files. So now, every file has a copy, listed right next to it. Is their anyway, using a command or whatever? To delete, every...
  10. Window's update bricked my PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Window's update bricked my PC: My PC updated last night. Turned it on today and it fails to boot windows and i get the beep code for a keyboard error. I removed the keyboard and checked for bent pins but the problem persisted. Can't help but think it was the update. 142025