Windows 10: Horizontal black bar flickering on screen every 10-30 seconds

Discus and support Horizontal black bar flickering on screen every 10-30 seconds in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have recently built a new pc and I get horizontal bars flashing on my screen every 10-30 seconds. The colour of the bar is usually black however it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mookie69, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Mookie69 Win User

Horizontal black bar flickering on screen every 10-30 seconds

I have recently built a new pc and I get horizontal bars flashing on my screen every 10-30 seconds. The colour of the bar is usually black however it has been white a few times.I have all the latest graphics drivers so I do not believe that is the issue. I also don’t believe that it is an issue with my monitor or cable as I have swapped them both out and I still have the issue. The odd thing is that I don’t believe this occurs during playing games however it could just be me not paying attention enough to it. I have asked many friends and they do not know the answer to it. I hope one of you can help!

:)

Mookie69, Jan 11, 2021

2. Flickering and Black screen

i was trying to save an image when randomly my computer when black and all my tabs were invisible. I couldn't see anything on my taskbar or desktop and every 30 seconds to a minute my screen would go black then back to normal in less than a second. I turned
    off the computer and turned it back on and I was taken to the log in screen, when I logged in I was just brought to the same problem. I'm able to open task manager but thats about it and it'll close sometimes when the screen flickers. I have a Windows 10 portable
    all in one computer, I need help.

***Original title: I have no items on my taskbar or desktop and my screen keeps flickering to black every 30 seconds***

ErikGomez1, Jan 11, 2021
  3. SUI
    Sui Win User
    Screen starts to flicker after logging in for a while

Hello

This is an entirely new issue. My screen starts to flicker after logging in/turning on computer for a while, and/or if I launch an app that uses my Nvidia card (my laptop has Optimus), I'm not exactly sure which of these two causes it. For the first while after a restart, the screen appears fine. The flickering appears on desktop background + internet browser as well, so I'm pretty sure it's not a program compatibility issue. The flickering is not severe (the type that looks like horizontal bars sliding up) but it's an annoyance.

Tried:

• Disabling Windows error reporting + problem reporting service in msconfig
    • Restart computer
    • Resetting Nvidia global settings to default in Nvidia control panel
    • Checking for display drive updates in device manager (all up to date)
    • Checking monitor refresh rate (60Hz, can't be changed)

Laptop I'm using:

• i7-4700MQ 2.4GHz
    • 1900x1080
    • Intel HD 4600 + Nvidia GT750M

Thanks for suggestions.

4. Horizontal black bar flickering on screen every 10-30 seconds

Screen flickers every 30 seconds

My laptop screen flickers every 30 seconds. This is after the latest Windows 10 update. I had this the last time I had an update and it was to do with an app that I had to try and find and uninstall. I can't find an app at the moment so is there an easy
    way to find the corrupt app?

Mike Norton 6166, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

Horizontal black bar flickering on screen every 10-30 seconds

1. Horizontal black bar flickering on screen every 10-30 seconds - Similar Threads - Horizontal black bar

2. Windows 10 - Black screen every 30 seconds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Black screen every 30 seconds.: This keeps happening every 30 seconds. The screen goes black for 3seconds~ then everything comes back to normal without doing anything. If i am on browser i can still see the taskbar turning black and if i stay on desktop i can see the entire screen turns back. Even though...
  3. Windows 10 - Black screen every 30 seconds.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - Black screen every 30 seconds.: This keeps happening every 30 seconds. The screen goes black for 3seconds~ then everything comes back to normal without doing anything. If i am on browser i can still see the taskbar turning black and if i stay on desktop i can see the entire screen turns back. Even though...
  4. Windows 10 - Black screen every 30 seconds.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer screen flickering and freezing approximately every 30 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer screen flickering and freezing approximately every 30 seconds: Hello and Happy New Year,I have had this problem for approximately 2months now and I have contacted our IT support but they couldn't resolve the issue as I believe this must be to do with Windows updates or something else in windows.I have been experiencing consistent...
  6. Computer screen flickering and freezing approximately every 30 seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer screen flickering and freezing approximately every 30 seconds: Hello and Happy New Year,I have had this problem for approximately 2months now and I have contacted our IT support but they couldn't resolve the issue as I believe this must be to do with Windows updates or something else in windows.I have been experiencing consistent...
  7. Computer screen flickering and freezing approximately every 30 seconds

8. Screens flashing off and on every 30 seconds

Screens flashing off and on every 30 seconds: My computer screens flash off every 30 seconds or so. It doesnt effect any application I have open or system windows such as control panel. It does however close windows explorer window when it flashes. When I look at the event viewer it is showing almost 600 events...
  9. Asus laptop has been flickering black screen every second

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Asus laptop has been flickering black screen every second: Hi , so my 8 year old Asus laptop has been flickering black screen every second. I open wordpad and internet explorer and it immediately starts flickering. What can I do to solve this issue? I tried recovery mode nothing. I tried uninstalling some apps and programs on the...
  10. Screen turns black after 30 seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen turns black after 30 seconds: I use a laptop in a docking station with two screens connected - it has worked well for one year. Suddenly, and as I remember, right after accepting a systems update, screen 1 turns black, looses connection to the computer approx 30 seconds after I have turned on the...