Windows 10: Horizontal black lines on the screen after latest Windows 10 update

Discus and support Horizontal black lines on the screen after latest Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Yesterday I switched on my Lenovo laptop and there were 2 horizontal black lines on the screen. One runs right across the screen and one is around 3cm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jenny Th, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Jenny Th Win User

Horizontal black lines on the screen after latest Windows 10 update

Yesterday I switched on my Lenovo laptop and there were 2 horizontal black lines on the screen. One runs right across the screen and one is around 3cm long. They are of varying thickness and appear to change- possibly growing and becoming thicker. The previous time that I was using my laptop it installed a number of Windows 10 (X64-based Systems) updates when I shut it down. Could these updates be the cause of the problem? If so how should I fix it? I'm thinking of setting a restore point if the updates are the cause. Has anyone else had this problem?

:)

Jenny Th, Aug 20, 2018
  2. DarylAsem Win User

Black line (horizontal) on the screen

Thanks for replying, actually the problem is a black single horizontal line, not a black screen.

DarylAsem, Aug 20, 2018
  3. DarylAsem Win User
    Black line (horizontal) on the screen

i used to have windows 7 on my laptop, now I have upgraded it to windows 10. Few days back,i installed steam and a one dimensional horizontal black line about the length of a finger has appeared on the screen, almost an inch below the top left corner of
    the screen. uinstalled steam, line hasn't disappeared. what should I do.

DarylAsem, Aug 20, 2018
  4. Horizontal black lines on the screen after latest Windows 10 update

Black horizontal line on E52 screen

After I upgraded the E52 to latest firmware 054.003 I got a horizontal black line in the lower part of phone screen. No matter in which menu of the phone I go, the line is still there and this is annoying. Any information of how to solve this will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Nokia_black_line_resize.jpg

darerampage, Aug 20, 2018
Thema:

Horizontal black lines on the screen after latest Windows 10 update

1. Horizontal black lines on the screen after latest Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Horizontal black lines

2. Black horizontal lines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black horizontal lines: "Dear Microsoft Support,I recently purchased a Windows Gateway laptop, and I've noticed that there are black horizontal lines appearing on the screen that won't go away. I've tried restarting the laptop and adjusting the display settings, but the issue persists. Could you...
  3. Black horizontal lines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black horizontal lines: "Dear Microsoft Support,I recently purchased a Windows Gateway laptop, and I've noticed that there are black horizontal lines appearing on the screen that won't go away. I've tried restarting the laptop and adjusting the display settings, but the issue persists. Could you...
  4. After updating to window 11 the horizontal line showing on the top of the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After updating to window 11 the horizontal line showing on the top of the screen: After updating updates of window 11 my Asus vivobook 15 screen showing horizontal line on the top of the screen the line coming and going is also show in the bios settings and i also tried to de upgrade but the still line is showing...
  5. My pc screen shows horizontal lines after an update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My pc screen shows horizontal lines after an update: Hi everyone,I have found a problem with my screen. After updating Realtek driver and maybe other windows updates that were waiting for restart, my screen found these horizontal lines as you can see in attached photo. I wanted to restore the pc to the point before update, but...
  6. My pc screen shows horizontal lines after an update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc screen shows horizontal lines after an update: Hi everyone,I have found a problem with my screen. After updating Realtek driver and maybe other windows updates that were waiting for restart, my screen found these horizontal lines as you can see in attached photo. I wanted to restore the pc to the point before update, but...
  7. My pc screen shows horizontal lines after an update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Horizontal line on screen

Horizontal line on screen: Recently when watching a video, the bottom half of the screen froze and the upper half continued as it normally would. After , some time instead of the bottom half freezing, it appeared darker and a little glitchy when compared to the upper half of the screen. That too went...
  9. Windows Black screen with flashing horizontal line on top left

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Black screen with flashing horizontal line on top left: Guys please help my laptop was fine yesterday until one day when I opened my laptop it loads then suddenly its just black screen with white horizontal line flashing on top left of the screen. Not sure if this is a hardware issue considering my laptop is brand new and only got...
  10. My screen's showing black horizontal lines

My screen's showing black horizontal lines: Hello everyone, I've recently started seeing black horizontal lines show up on my screen, these lines appear out of nowhere, no matter what I'm doing (Edge, Chrome, the system itself) [My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 5570, all hardware drivers and firmware are updated] They...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. horizontal line after windows 10 upgrade

2. horizontal lines on screen windows 10

3. black vertical lines after ram upgrade

4. line on left after windows update,
  5. horizontal line on screen surface,
  6. black lines on screen after windows 10 update,
  7. windows 10 horizontal lines,
  8. black horizontal lines on screen windows 10,
  9. horizontal lines after windows 10 upgrade 2019,
  10. horizontal lines appear after update,
  11. horizontal lines after windows update,